New computer, witch one to pick?

Hello, I just wanted to ask peoples opinion about those 3 computers I have in mind to buy one of. I just unsure witch one will be the best for my gaming needs. I like to play Arma3 with the option to run it in high settings. All 3 of them can be upgraded to an i7 for $150 more. Thanks.

comp 1: Price $852
Vision Game - Intel® Core ™ i5-6402P (Up to 3.4GHz, 6MB cache) Quad Core
Asus B150M-A motherboard
Quality Motherboards with many options.
Kingston 8GB DDR4-2133 RAM
Fast DDR4 RAM from Kingston. Upgradeable.
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD Solid State Disk
Additional storage disk can be added below. upgradeable
Asus GeForce GTX960 STRIX 4GB Graphics Card
STRIX model that supports Silent Gaming and DirectX12.
Vision Redline Gaming cabinet
Well cabinet with extra 120mm radiator mounted.
Corsair VS550 550W Power Supply
Stable, 85plus quiet and energy efficient.
High Definition Audio sound card
Good sound, great for games and music
Delivered without DVD burner
External drives can be added.

comp 2: Price $1046
Vision Rage - Intel® Core ™ i5-6600k (Up to 3.9GHz, 6MB cache) Quad Core
Asus B150M-A motherboard
Quality Motherboards with many options.
8GB DDR4-2666 Kingston HyperX Fury RAM
The best DDR4 RAM on the market.
Asus GeForce GTX970 STRIX OC 4GB Graphics Card
One of the best and most silent graphics cards available.
Vision Redline Gaming cabinet
Well cabinet with extra 120mm radiator mounted.
High Definition Audio sound card
Good sound, great for games and music
Delivered without DVD burner
External drives can be added.

comp 3: Price $1046
Vision Raptor - Intel® Core™ i5-6600K 4x3.50GHz (Turbo 3.9GHz) 6MB cache
CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 cooler
Good and efficient cooler for the processor.
Asus Z170-P Skylake motherboard
One of the most popular Z170 motherboards
8GB DDR4-2666 Kingston HyperX Fury RAM
The best DDR4 RAM on the market.
Asus GeForce GTX960 STRIX 4GB Graphics Card
STRIX model that supports Silent Gaming and DirectX12.
Corsair Carbide Gaming cabinet
Well casing with additional cooling
High Definition ALC887 Audio Sound Card
8-channel sound cards well suited for games and music
Asus 24x DVD burner
Reads and writes DVD and CD.

Comments

• If you still have access to the Medical Corps you can post this in there. :)

• @T5 Lacey said:
    If you still have access to the Medical Corps you can post this in there. :)

I was looking for that but I don't yet have access to that page :) Still waiting for HQ to approval my re-enlistment :)

• Oh alright then. To answer your question, I'd go for the second one. I'm not extremely PC savvy though, so if someone else can swoop in and give a reason then go ahead ;)

• Are you building your own PC? If so, why don't you just see what you can afford, prioritise what to spend the most money on (graphics card, processor etc) and then you will always be happy with the best of all three and if you're not building your own PC....You should, especially now as the GeForce 1080 is being released (making other GeForce cards cheaper after a month or so)

• @Pvt. Holdaway said:
    Are you building your own PC? If so, why don't you just see what you can afford, prioritise what to spend the most money on (graphics card, processor etc) and then you will always be happy with the best of all three

No I am not building one, but you are right will be the best option. I just don't have the wisdom to build one my self.

• It's actually really simple. Look up a YouTube video and it takes all of ten minutes. If you don't trust yourself, someone in your neighbourhood can help you or you could ask a friend or something.

• Well what i meant is I don't know what components is good like for motherboard etc.. So I fell better to just buy one that is ready to play one :) But I am trying now to look one the internet for information how to build one ;)

• The real question is how much are you trying to spend on a PC, and what games do you plan on playing. Because then either myself, or something within the unit I'm sure could help you pick the pieces you should look into for building yourself.

Building it yourself, your money will go a lot longer way.

• Well the main 4 games i play is..

Arma3
    DH
    World of warships
    League of legends
    Sometimes battlefield

I don't want to spent more then $1050 (but the option also to upgrade the pc later one if i need)

I guess the main thing is to get a good motherboard and then cpu and ram and a video card. But then again there is 10 of ram types so far I have seeing and don't know witch to pick same goes for motherobard etc.. Kinda lost in this. :)

• For video games (especially AMRA) you will want a very good graphics card otherwise you will have all of 20 frames per second - Also, in terms of ram. Go for 8GB (or 16 if you can afford it) no more, no less and all you need to know is that if your motherboard says DDR4 in its title then buy 8GB of DDR4 Ram. If it says DDR 3 then buy 8GB of DDR3 ram. It's that simple

• It's simply connecting the dots but it's understandable if you're not comfortable with building one yourself. Are you able to put links to the website beside each one? If you're wanting a heavy gaming PC I'd probably wait a bit longer for the GTX-1080 to come out. That apparently even puts a GTX-980ti to shame, which is the one I'm using and very much annoyed at especially when it's still relatively new in my PC.

• Hah yeah, sorry PFC Tyson but the GTX 1080 produces better frames AND uses 100watts LESS of power! Sorry to disappoint you.

• Oh no also, if you want a gaming PC, just look up how to build it and say exactly how much you want to spend on it ( if that includes operating system or not etc) and someone else (or me) could give you a list of parts. Also, if you only want to spend $1000, you probably won't get good speeds on Arma 3 especially in multiplayer, you need a really good rig for Arma 3

• hehe, well now I am about to just say tell me what i need to buy for playing arma3 without any problems :)

• @PFC Tyson said:
    It's simply connecting the dots but it's understandable if you're not comfortable with building one yourself. Are you able to put links to the website beside each one? If you're wanting a heavy gaming PC I'd probably wait a bit longer for the GTX-1080 to come out. That apparently even puts a GTX-980ti to shame, which is the one I'm using and very much annoyed at especially when it's still relatively new in my PC.

Btw the GTX-1080 is out? (Asus GeForce GTX1080 8GB) ?? I can buy it in Denmark if its the same card you talking about :)

• Whoop! Grabbing that when I can then. Cheers, Pvt!

• @PFC Tyson said:
    Whoop! Grabbing that when I can then. Cheers, Pvt!

No problem :)

• Oh I thought you knew PFC, sorry. It came out on the 27th in the UK but you have to pay an extra $100 until next month when they will lower the price so I recommend you wait simply one month. It's just so that they can make more money off the early adopters who are happy to pay a premium. Wait until the end of next month.

• edited May 2016

Option 2 is definitely the best: But $1000 For an I5 and a GTX 970 PC seems very expensive. (If it doesn't have water-cooling, storage drive or a full-size Mobo and case.)

Bare in mind it only has 250gb of storage so you would need to add a second mechanical storage drive, with preferably around 1TB for modern games and programs.

Also 550W PSU is ok, but is pretty weedy if you ever wanted to upgrade your graphics card.

Finally a-lot of these bundles skimp out on the motherboard and will often use a micro ATX board with limited expansion options. Make sure you are getting a full size atx board that can handle 32gb of ddr4 ram and at-least 2 16x pci express ports.

Instead of buying a pre-made pc I recommend using the website 'pc part picker'. And then use some medical guys to talk you through getting a custom built pc. It is a-lot cheaper plus you get better performance, also the knowledge you gain is very useful.

In terms of good components that you should look out for the main things are:

• Motherboard: Full tower size ATX Board supporting 32gb of DDR4, atleast 2 16x pci express ports and a CPU socket that supports your CPU of choice. (Avoid Micro ATX Boards as they have less upgradability so are not as future proof.)
    • PSU: A branded bronze+ rated 600w+ PSU. (Modular / Semi-Modular is always preferable due to ease of cable management. Do not get anything that is not Bronze+ rated, as eventually it will blow and wreck your system. Anything less then 500W I would not consider future proof)
    • Case: A full size tower case with good cooling. (Going with full tower, branded cases is always best: Avoid small cases by obscure companies)
    • Graphics: the best performance to price kings atm are the Nvidia GTX 970 and the AMD R9 390. (The 390 being much better if you game at resolutions larger than 1080p due to having
      8GB of vram vs 3.5GB. ATM the Titan, Fury and GTX 1080 are meme cards for enthusiasts and not worth the cost currently)

• CPU: Any newish I5 will serve you well. Ignore AMD CPU's atm due to issues on Arma 3. (Look for 3.5ghz+, quad-core, 8 threaded CPU's 4690 and 6600 are the best currently. I3's udner perform on modern games / apps and the I7 is not the best performance to justify the extra cost)

• Hard-drive: A SSD for your OS is always preferable, but I recommend sticking with a small >250gb one and then having a secondary (branded and reliable) mechanical drive for storage of games for optimum value vs performance. (The most noticable speed boost will be from having your OS on the SSD, games don't need to be on a SSD for FPS performance but will benefit in terms of loading times.)
    • RAM: Any 8Gb and above of DDR3 / DDR4 will serve you well. (Look for 8GB DD3/4 2000mhz+ of branded, ie: Kingston / Corsair / Crucial)
    • Secondary things to look out for are bonuses like CD / Optical drives, wifi cards, water cooling, fan controllers etc etc. Things that don't necessarily make the PC perform better but make ease of use better and increase value.
  • @Cpt. Patty said:
    Option 2 is definitely the best: But $1046 For an I5 and a GTX 970 PC seems very expensive. (If it doesn't have water-cooling, storage drive or a full-size Mobo and case.)

Bare in mind it only has 250gb of storage so you would need to add a second mechanical storage drive, with preferably around 1TB for modern games and programs.

Also 550W PSU is ok, but is pretty weedy if you ever wanted to upgrade your graphics card.

Finally a-lot of these bundles skimp out on the motherboard and will often use a micro ATX board with limited expansion options. Make sure you are getting a full size atx board that can handle 32gb of ddr4 ram and at-least 2 16x pci express ports.

Instead of buying a pre-made pc I recommend using the website 'pc part picker'. And then use some medical guys to talk you through getting a custom built pc. It is a-lot cheaper plus you get better performance, also the knowledge you gain is very useful.

Thank you Sir! Yes pc in Denmark is not cheap and you don't get much for the money tbh. I have today try to build a pc one a website, but I keep get stuck in hardware problems that don't match etc. I will wait too I get access to the rest of the forums so I can post some ideas for my pc.

But all thanks for your kind answers, I got a bit more up to date about building a pc :)

• Go to PCpartpicker.com. It will guide you through all the components needed as well as their compatibility! It will also list the best prices for each component!
    I built my own computer back in December and it was very simple. Believe me if I can do it anyone can!

• edited May 2016

Did a quick browse and came up with this:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mCnXsJ

The bonuses you get are:

Cheaper: $100 less, $200 less if you drop SSD and Water Cooler).
    Better quality, modular and higher wattage PSU.
    Bigger, and better cooled and (also branded) case with more expansion slots and features.
    Better Graphics card with more VRAM.
    More hard-drive space, with both a SSD and mechanical drive.
    Water cooled CPU for better stability and future over-clocking.
    A full size ATX motherboard as opposed to a Micro ATX board with less expansion slots.

• Cpt.Patty Is it just me or is there missing something in that link? When I click it it goes to the site were I need to choose stuff?

• Thanks Sir! That worked.

• If you wanted to save some money and not affect FPS performance you could drop the water-cooler and also the SSD drive.

• Well I don't mind spent more to make sure I have a pc that can run good and I also can upgrade when need. I ones buyed a pc for $1050 and was told I had no problem running arma3 one high settings but that was a big lie lol had to run it one low not even medium settings :)

But this one you came up with seams good, just a few question.
    The cpu, I dont mind spent a little more for maybe an i5-6600k, if that is any good?
    The Memory, what you think to put DDR4 in it?
    The Video Card, I really don't know it, I am used to have GeForce cards

• edited May 2016

I5-6600k is a little bit better if you can afford it. (However bare in mind it may not come with a CPU cooler pre installed, if it doesn't you will need to get an after market one such as the corsair H60 water cooler.) Also note it is a different socket so make sure your motherboard choice is compatible.
    The difference between DDR3 and DDR4 is negligible, not worth the extra cost IMO.
    GTX 970 is the equivalent, with roughly the same FPS at 1080 resolution. However for around the same cost the AMD 390 will give you a substantial increase in fps at higher resolutions: ie, 1920x1200, 3200x1800 and 4k. This is due to it having 8GB of dedicated Video RAM as opposed to 3.5GB in the 970.)
    (Note AMD GPU's are good for Arma, AMD CPU's are not.

• Okay I was trying to build those spec one a danish site, some of the stuff is not the same but close to it. But the end price is $1518 haha nearly twice the pries :(

pc1

• edited May 2016

I did this one using Euro's and from a site you can buy from in Denmark.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ttzp9W