Conceal Carry Discussion

Hey guys I'm a conceal carry instructor in Missouri. I am curious if anyone else here carries an "EDC" and what is it they carry. Ive went with a sccy cpx2 9mm. Though, I use a Century Arms Canik Tp9sa as my duty weapon for work.

Lets hear what youve got and any experiences youve had. Negative or positive.

Comments

• Always carry a sword when I leave the home. sccy cpx2 9mm w/ raw dog holster

• This is what I carry for work on duty.

Century Arms Canik TP9sa

• What's the one you carry for work? I carry a Glock 17

• I went with a century arms canik tp9sa. Its got essentially the same trigger as a glock and is overall about the same quality. Its a known turkish police sidearm.

• edited August 2016

Mostly just my keys, wallet and phone. I find my phone is kind of hard to conceal though as it makes a tell-tale rectangle bulge on my pocket. I hear you can buy special holders for them that hide them better but I don't think it would be as easy or comfortable.

Anyone else have experience with concealed phone carrying?

• @Cpt. Patty said:

Anyone else have experience with concealed phone carrying?

Yeah I stick my phone in a rucksack, much easier to conceal, reduces that telltale rectangle bulge that plagues us phone users.

• Yes but what if you need to get your phone out quickly? Is there any other ways to hide it?

• I have the problem at work everyday. Maybe we should make a petition for open carry of phones :)

• @Cpt. Patty Grow your hair long, wear a bluetooth earpiece thingy and hide it under your hair, leave phone in rucksack, concealed. All good.

• @Cpt. Patty said:
    Yes but what if you need to get your phone out quickly? Is there any other ways to hide it?

I put mine in a shoulder bag that can be opened up quickly. For situations where i might need to ENDEX my phone out fast I can leave the top flap open.

• Most everyone carries a phone nowadays, why would you need to conceal it?

• @T5 Lacey said:
    Most everyone carries a phone nowadays, why would you need to conceal it?

People laugh at me because I have an iPhone, so in a sea of android users I feel the need to conceal my iOS addiction.

• @T5 Lacey said:
    Most everyone carries a phone nowadays, why would you need to conceal it?

You don't know when some Nokia nutsacks gonna whip out their 3310 and start targeting open carriers first. Hence the concealed carry necessity, like them Nokias gonna go "Whoa!" when they see my Sony-Ericsson

• @PFC McLean It's nothing to be ashamed of! iPhone's are pretty good :) And if you just keep it in your pocket it won't make much difference!

@PFC Thomas Nokia 3310 is the best phone.

• Thankfully Hungary is not a country where you need to carry a gun with yourself every day just in case a shooter comes around the corner.
    Having the right to bear arms is not a thing here anyways.
    We got a license-built replica of a Turkish blank firing gun, the "Blow Magnum 2000" which can shoot blanks and some pepper spray rounds just in case...

• It is so liberating not having to conceal my android anymore, as everyone I am around now, got an android, as to before where everyone got Iphones...

• edited August 2016

You know those phones they can just go crazy on their own one day and call your friends and family without your knowledge. Gotta be sure they're locked up and put away.

• I concealed a Mars Bar in my pocket once to be devoured during a really bad slam poetry night.

• edited August 2016

This thread is more for American Gunowners.

Whatever your reason for carrying concealed, let the most important one be Your Life. People are hacked to death or beaten in places like Europe and the Middle East. It happens in America too. Places with strict gun control laws like Chicago have enough shootings a year to call it a war zone. There is nothing wrong with carrying a firearm, just as in the old days men carried swords, bows, or daggers. The modern world has modern threats and so, this is why we instructors, teach firearm safety, basic weapon manipulation, gross/fine motor skills.

If anyone wants to try and swing the topic back over to Conceal Carry Weapons, please feel free to ask questions. I study and am certified in Missouri's laws on Weapon Offenses and Justified Force. I may not know the laws in your state, but if you ask, I can track them down and assist you in getting legally armed. For instance, Kansas has constitutional carry; no courses or permits necessary to carry a firearm. Missouri has an 8 hour course. Arizona requires a 3 hour course, and so on. Any specific question pertained to actually carrying a concealed firearm, I'll be glad to answer. Thanks.

• Back on topic please. I keep my keys in the tiny pocket of my jeans, they're pretty concealed there.

• edited August 2016
    Rmerac said:

@Rmerac, Our forum is not for any specific nationality; anyone is free to comment.

• edited August 2016

I know CW3 Hill. I am not suggesting the forum is for Americans only. I'm only stating this thread will be more interesting to American Gun owners because of the laws we have. I didn't mean anything disrespectful by it.

---Edit---

I just realized I was the one who screwed up by naming the thread "Conceal Carry Discussion" rather than being more specific toward firearms. Nonetheless. Carrying a firearm concealed is "Conceal Carry". Lol

If we're talking every day carry in general:
    -Box cutter/pocket knife. (Always comes in handy.)

-Camelpack for bike rides or long walks to work/school.

-Basic First Aid kit. (You never know.)

-Small flash light. (Some phones have it built in, but it doesn't hurt to have a pen light or keychain light.)

-WD-40 (I carry this on my bike everywhere I go.)

-Small portable air-compressor just in case of a flat.

-Jumper cables.

-Road flares.

-Weather radio.

-Blankets.

-Trickle charger.

-Extra hand tools.

These are all items that I have found useful whenever I was either riding pedal-bicycles 560 miles across the Midwest (long trip), or when my car has just broken down outside of town in the middle of winter. I carry most of it still with me on my motorcycle, because I've also had to push my motorcycle out of the rain due to a dying battery. Just small things that most people don't consider to be important until they need them.

• @Rmerac said:
    -Small portable air-compressor just in case of a flat.
    -Jumper cables.
    -Road flares.
    -Weather radio.
    -Blankets.
    -Trickle charger.
    -Extra hand tools.

You have abnormally large pockets

• @Rmerac said:

Did you just assume my nationality?

• @PFC Ismael this has been addressed and answered. There is no constructive reason to bring it up again.

• @PFC Egelund said:
    You have abnormally large pockets

Actually, I prefer to carry most of those items in a travel pack, trunk, or storage container as I am in my car or on my motorcycle every day. You never know when the need may arise.

(Excuse the other account that is from my cell phones browser.)

• I would struggle to conceal carry storage container

• How do you conceal a storage container?

• A small military surplus storage container fits in your trunk or can be bolted to the sides of your motorcycle as saddle bags. The "conceal" part was in reference to carrying a concealed firearm. The list I just posted is in reference to items to carry everyday when traveling; on your person or in your vehicle. I hope that clears up any confusion. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.