PC Only

View Frequently Asked Questions

SOCIAL:
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/dpXkz7kAT.jpg

About

Developed for Unreal Engine 4 by a small independent team, Hell Let Loose places heavy emphasis on teamwork and communication as players work together as limited Roles in Platoons beneath the leadership of Officers and the force Commander. Using historically accurate weapons, logistics, armor and tactics, Hell Let Loose is a game that demands teamwork and communication not only to win, but to survive.

Featuring sweeping 4km2 maps, the battlefield is divided up into large cap sectors - allowing for emergent and constantly unique gameplay that pits two forces of fifty players in a fight to the death across fields, bridges, forests and towns. The first theater of war is the sleepy Norman town of St Marie Du Mont on
D-Day 1944 in northern France during Operation Overlord. It features a stunning and detailed 1:1 scale battlefield recreated from archival reference material and satellite photography.

Players will organise and muster behind the front lines before carefully pushing forward into the French countryside towards the town. They will need to establish supply lines using logistics vehicles - enabling them to build Garrisons and other spawn locations in the field.

Armor and infantry must work together to smash through the front line and capture territory - pushing the enemy back and earning greater resources to sustain their fighting power.

Engineers will lay minefields and barbed wire to create choke points. Sunken lanes become killing zones while dense woodlands could mask the presence of a devastating PAK 43 - towed into position by a waiting unit of Wehrmacht infantry. Allied infantry call in strafing runs as hedgerows light up with the fire of a Panther tank and the scream of the Hitler's Buzz Saw - the MG42.

The battlefield is laid out - ready to be mastered by soldiers with the skill and strategic ability to wipe the enemy from the field.

A closed pre-Alpha of Hell Let Loose is expected to begin in October 2017, with a Kickstarter campaign launched prior to a Greenlight campaign.

We plan to release Hell Let Loose on Steam in early 2018.

WHEN IS HELL LET LOOSE SET?

Hell Let Loose is set throughout the duration of World War Two. The first theater of war will be based in Normandy, northern France. It will include several villages and the town of St Marie Du Mont. The map is based on archival reference photographs, satellite photography and height imagery. We are proud to present a 1:1 scale 4km-squared battlefield.

HOW REALISTIC WILL IT BE?

We're aiming to make a game that mixes the high-intensity carnage, weapon mechanics and brutality of Red Orchestra 2 with the operational, supply and construction mechanics of Project Reality beneath the meta strategy of a game similar to Company of Heroes.

We prefer intense, terrifying and intelligent instead of long, tedious and boring.

WHICH FORCES CAN I PLAY AS?

Initially, the first theater set in Normandy will pit the faded might of the German OKW against the relatively green forces of the United States Army.

We plan to make more factions available as we create different theaters.
Our road map includes the addition of:

• British Forces
  • Ostheer Wehrmacht Forces
  • Russian Forces
  • Imperial Japanese Forces

We plan to create many more theaters on full release - allowing players to fight in iconic conflicts such as the Battle of the Bulge, the Battle of Stalingrad and the Battle of Guadalcanal. We are also keen to include the community in our decision-making process when it comes to the creation of additional theaters.

WILL THERE BE GORE?

Yes. We already have appropriate decals, death animations and blood spray, but we'll be looking to drive the horror home with dismemberment.

WILL WE BE ABLE TO BUILD?

Yes. We're keen for players to be able to construct defences in order to capitalise on natural choke-points and fields of fire. The Engineer role will be able to erect barbed wire, tank traps, machine-gun nests and other emplacements. He'll also be able to lay anti-tank and anti-personnel mine fields, as well as detect and mark enemy minefields.

Obviously, an Engineer cannot carry a battlefields worth of defences on his back.
To construct them, he will have to have supplies delivered to the front line. It will be crucial to have steady and protected supply lines should you want to maintain a strong defensive line.

enter image description here

Comments

• Options

Looks pretty good graphically, every feature sounds like something already in or planned for Post Scriptum/ Squad. Competition usually generates better content so hopefully these guys are serious and not just trying to beat the hype train. The coolest thing that sounded different was the CoH domination/ territory control, that would be pretty cool to implement into an FPS.

• Options

It sounds allot like PS/Squad indeed, graphics look great. Let's wait for when they show some gameplay so we can see where it really headed towards.

• Options

Luetin interviewed a dev

• Options

A new trailer appeared today:

• Options

Not a bad trailer, im interested. Will be nice to see what they accomplish this year.

• Options

Gameplay trailer released today

• Options

You beat me too it. I really like the way the Garand fires. Interesting that they have a base game playable already. Heres a link to the kickstarter page which has some more information.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackmatter/hell-let-loose

• Options

It looks nice so far. Still looks like one of those games that I will need to play or see more before I judge.

• Options

Same

• Options

What Cpl. Boelter said, it's a game we need to judge when playing, it looks really interesting, it basically is like Project Reality WW2.

• Options

I don't know about you guys, but for me the market for realism FPS is saturating.
    First we have Insurgency (which spawns Day of Infamy), then Squad (which spawns Post Scriptum), then Arma, then "Battalion 1944", etc etc...
    A few months go by and we're gonna hear about an another realistic WW2 or Cold War or Humid War shooter. We can't buy them all and they can't sell them all, someday I think this will all come crashing down like the 3D gaming fad a few years ago.

• Options

I don't think it will ever "come crashing down" competition drives innovation. With the market being saturated it will likely lead to better quality games(in most cases). The reason VR kind of fell flat is because the tech was new and interesting, but still has a ways to go in terms of development. People just needs to pay better attention to developers and WAIT before they jump and purchase a game just because you get a cool skin. Wait and see which games actually deserve our money and attention.

• Options

@"PFC Thomas" said:
    I don't know about you guys, but for me the market for realism FPS is saturating.
    First we have Insurgency (which spawns Day of Infamy), then Squad (which spawns Post Scriptum), then Arma, then "Battalion 1944", etc etc...
    A few months go by and we're gonna hear about an another realistic WW2 or Cold War or Humid War shooter. We can't buy them all and they can't sell them all, someday I think this will all come crashing down like the 3D gaming fad a few years ago.

Humid War shooters don't hold much appeal to me. Humidity does terrible things to my hair.

Cautious optimism should be an attitude we all hold for any pre-release titles. There are downsides to many of the other WW2 titles out there (Post Scriptum is Commonwealth only + Lee Enfields don't bolt properly + it has that Squad style of graphics which always look sort of out of focus to me) and Battalion 1944 suffers the ARMA issue of a community divided into thousands of sub communities by their mod selections/choices/map making. This game has an opportunity to take lessons from all the other titles and put them to good use. Will they? Well, I for one am cautiously optimistic about it but they won't get my money until I see more.

• Options

I don't know why Battalion 1944 is added to PFC Thomas's list of realism FPS, because the game is based on the first arcade gameplay of the first two COD's. Just look at this. Just look at this.

• Options

@"PFC Thomas" said:
    "Battalion 1944", etc etc...

Hence the quotation marks

• Options

I’m really excited that there is going to be more than one option out there in terms of a new WW2 realism shooter. Both Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum are going to offer different things. Both games will definitely have to be heavily tested and considered should we look to move into one of them some day.

• Options

Hey guys just a reminder that the Kickstarter campaign is continuing to run until October 31st. A few of us have already purchased the Veteran level backing to get some beta access and see what its all about. If kickstarting and supporting a game early on is your thing the link is below. This game has been getting some significant exposure. We were discussing last night how Hell let Loose appears to be gaining more traction than Post Scriptum, check it out below.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackmatter/hell-let-loose/posts/2010038

• Options
    edited October 14

Game looks really interesting but i am gonna wait for Steam Early Access. I'm gonna need too anyway as Kickstarter only accepts creditcards. I only can use Paypal with regular bank account.

• Options

New Kickstarter video!

• Options
    edited October 22

Looking real nice, shows what the UE4 is capable off, i just wonder how the performance is as Squad, that is on the same engine, has had some performance issues as well. They want to have 100 people per game, 50 on each side, and one thing i have noticed in many games is, the more people that are in a game, the more performance is hit in a (UE4) game. Let's hope they can manage this.

• Options

Last 48 hour to get in on the Kickstarter.

• Options
    edited November 1

They have opened the Paypal option on their website to pledge and i had about 30 bucks left in my paypal account so i bought the 26 bucks pledge that gives access to the Alpha, Beta, and Steam Early Access.
    For anyone who is interested, for some reason its only open till the 15th of November.

• Options

Yeah I was waiting to get a paypal option. I also got the 26 dollar one. Game is looking promising.

• Options
    edited November 9

Found this interesting developers interview from October!