Which GPU should i choose

I gonna upgrade my pc for next mounth and i still dont know which grapich card to take cuz i dont know anything about it.
Okey so i thinking about AMD R7 250 1gb Asus edition and nVidia GeForce GT 630 2gb. So i would say GT 630 it is cheap and it have 2gb BUT a lot of people say that if grapich card have 2gb that doesnt mean it is better than one with 1gb so i google to and on according to google R7 is a lot better. So what you thing guys is difference between this two cards big or ?

Comments

• The difference isn't large. The difference in memory is a difference in how much your card can render at the same time. Essentially, a 2GB memory will be more than enough for almost anything these days, except if you want to run more than 2 screens.

Basically, a 1GB card might not be able to handle as high of a resolution as a 2GB card, although this depends greatly on the card.

In this specific case, the R7 is quite a bit stronger than the 630, despite it having a gigabyte of memory less.

To summarise: Don't worry about video memory, what matters is power and price. Look up benchmark sites such as the one in the link above and compare. Nothing beats trial and error, and these websites have done it for you, so take advantage of it.

Also, do make sure that the card actually fits inside your computer haha. Newer GPU's can be absolutely massive and might not fit inside a small chassis.

• Difference in price is only 50$ so i will probably take R7 how to check if some grapich card is compatibile with my motherboard?

• Most motherboards are compatible with most almost all GPU's, you can google to be safe but you should be good no matter what.

What I'm talking about is size. Is there actually enough room inside your computer chassis to fit the new graphics card? For this you want to look up the GPU specifications and check out its dimensions. Then take a ruler inside your computer and check if there is room.

Also, does the new GPU use more power than is available in your PC? Find out how much your old GPU uses and compare. If you want to be certain, you can use this website. Just punch in all your hardware and it will calculate how much power you're using and then you can see if you have enough for your new GPU.

• Okey i seen i have enough power and i seen size of grapich card so it dont gonna touch side of PC box

• @PFC Svenson said:
    Most motherboards are compatible with most almost all GPU's, you can google to be safe but you should be good no matter what.

What I'm talking about is size. Is there actually enough room inside your computer chassis to fit the new graphics card? For this you want to look up the GPU specifications and check out its dimensions. Then take a ruler inside your computer and check if there is room.

Also, does the new GPU use more power than is available in your PC? Find out how much your old GPU uses and compare. If you want to be certain, you can use this website. Just punch in all your hardware and it will calculate how much power you're using and then you can see if you have enough for your new GPU.

One question is there any difference between AM3 and AM3+ socket cuz i have AM3 motherboard but not sure of i can put AM3+ processor

• @PFC Ristanovic

In most cases NO. Some AM3 motherboards support AM3+ processors, but this is not the norm, and it comes with reduced functionality, making the processor worse than it should be. Personally I wouldn't risk it, but google "Does XX Motherboard support AM3+ processors" or something if you find it necessary.