Traction Wars

I seen this game awhile back now. They went dark for a bit but recently posted some new videos including some game play. Not sure what to think as of now. Definitely looks like they are taking a Squad game approach even adding the same rally point system. Just keeping an eye on it is all. What do you guys think?

https://www.tractionwars.com/content.html

Comments

• Using the cryengine is cool, I'm liking how all these WW2 styled games are all coming out/ being developed now. Gives us a lot to choose from and should help motivate the developers to make better games. The FTP aspect is another interesting feature, makes me wonder how they will compensate for lack of income though.

• I agree, I don't know why you would make a free game. Anything like this is bound to have something costly that will end up ruining it for everyone. If its going to be a good game, just announce you are going to charge for it. They will probably do something dumb like, 5 bucks to play with the MP40 or something.

• They say no microtransactions on their webpage, though there has to be something. They are not putting all this effort forward into something they cant generate profit from.

• edited August 2018

Now renamed Vanguard: Normandy 1944

Regarding funding:

...we have come to the tough decision that we need to find a source of funding.

This will be done in two ways:

Vanguard: Normandy 1944 will not be free as originally intended. It will cost approx. 15 USD during Early Access
    We will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in order to raise funds for launch
    We will be launching the Kickstarter campaign in the next few weeks where you will be able to show your support by pre-ordering Vanguard. The game is now virtually ready for launch so this money will be used to cover the necessary upfront server and licensing fees costs that come with releasing a game.

• Interesting.

• Of course they seem to have gone back to the silly "Lee Enfield can't charge the bolt without lowering the rifle from the cheek" that Post Scriptum once had. I'd love for one of these games to actually have the ability to rapid fire with the Enfield (as it was used historically in both WW1 and WW2 and probably Korea too). Though it seems Post Scriptum has at least enabled you to hold the sight picture, there doesn't appear to be any ability to rapid fire.

• New vid covering the "Raid" game modes.