Pillars of Eternity

edited March 2015 in Other Games

enter image description here

What is Pillars of Eternity? Pillars of Eternity is an upcoming fantasy role-playing video game from Obsidian Entertainment who have also made games such as:

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, The Sith Lords
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 & Expansions
  • Alpha Protocol
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Wasteland 2
  • Fallout: New Vegas

And if you also want an added bonus, these guys came after Black Isle Studios who created such games like Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights 1 soon afterwards. If you've not played these games then to be best described they are a party-based RolePlaying Games that base around the character that YOU create from a list of races and classes, or mixed classes that can be used together to make some rather interesting builds (such as a fighter/cleric).

Where can I find this game? On Steam right now and also on their website for you to look at if interested. I would also recomended looking at a first-hand glance of the gameplay footage on youtube. Here is a link provided for you to watch a long introduction of character creation and gameplay. Included is a link to their website so you can take a look at screenshots and text rather than video.
- Official website: http://eternity.obsidian.net/
- Unofficial Wiki: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_Wiki

If you are more interested in the games that inspirtedthe creation of Pillars of Eternity, then you can find them on Steam as well named under:

1. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  2. Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal Enhanced Edition

What did you blind me with words and pictures? To get you interested! Nowadays people are more infatuated with games that push people in the direction of hand being held or First Person Shooters that throw fake rewards in your face to keep you playing. I played Baldur's Gate as a kid and waited so long to play the second game that followed, then nothing - Now I'm hoping to get more people interested in this game or throw attention on the games that inspired this one! Playing games like these inspired me to keep playing and daring me to finish it to the end.