What mouse do you have?

I've currently got a 10 year old mouse lol. I need to upgrade. whats out there? whats worth looking into? what do you guys have?

my current mouse: Mouse

Comments

• "WARNING HIGHLY VENOMOUS" I hope you're being careful with that Gillam.

• I live in the heat of danger Zen, it's nothing new

• May sounds silly, but what are all those extra buttons for?

• I have this one for about 10y. No need for upgrading, still good for long range and 360noscopes

enter image description here

• Used to have SteelSeries Ikari Optical few times in a row but the MMB always broke for me :(

So I changed to Razer's Imperator

Any mouse with side buttons is great as it gives you option to bind actions to those. Like push to talk and tactical view on RO2/RS. Something you need to use fast without disturbing your gameflow by pressing some key from the keyboard.

• Oh that is a good point. Have push to talk, map, and tactical view on the mouse. Would make things much simpler. I've been looking at mouses and the thing that I'm really confused about
    It this DPI setting I keep hearing about. What's that?

• edited March 2015

my mouse, won it with a raffle at a LAN party 5 years or so ago still works like a charm.
    The side buttons are used for in game team voice chat (teamspeak push to talk wont recognize the side buttons) and melee (still left over of my prefered key bindings from games were having the melee close by was actually usefull).

DPI means how many pixels (Dots) your cursor moves Per Inch you move your mouse so its sensitivity. Unless you are really into tweaking your sensitivity it doesn't really make a difference. But the most accurate results are achieved by only changing the DPI of your mouse so you dont have to move the sensitivity sliders of windows/games around.

• edited April 2015

My shiny

Daedalus Prime from Logitech.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/moba-gaming-mouse-g302

The button right behind the wheel can adjust the DPI so if you want to swivel fast or go very very slow, you can do that. plus its all customizable which is nice. It's my first gaming mouse and I've been rather pleased with it so far.

Plus it glows blue and is pretty. haha.

• enter image description here

The razer death adder chroma love this mouse thing has lasted me for quite a while now before my original death adder craped out on me.

• Logitech G9x

but the cyborg RAT is suppose to be amazing

• @Cpl. Selleck said:
    Logitech G9x

but the cyborg RAT is suppose to be amazing

Those Rat 7s look nuts! I don't know how that would feel.

• Before you get a mouse you need to choose a grip style Palm / Finger / Claw, wwther you want macros or not and a price range, then I can start recommending you dem mices.

• The 5 D's..
    Dodge
    Dip
    Duck
    Dive and
    Dodge

• @1Lt. Patterson said:
    Before you get a mouse you need to choose a grip style Palm / Finger / Claw, wwther you want macros or not and a price range, then I can start recommending you dem mices.

What do you mean by Palm, finger, claw? I'd like Atleast my 2 mouse buttons, scroll wheel with click, and at least 3-6 extra buttons. I'm not sure about the whole DPI thing as I've never used one with it. Price range, I'd prefer not to spend more than $80 on a mouse. If you know anything about keyboards I'm open for those to, as I have the basic Microsoft keyboard of 10 yrs as well. As far as the combo id prefer not to spend more than $180

• This is what the 1Lt. is talking about. It's all about how you hold your mouse and what feels most comfortable to you. For instance I'm a bit of a fingertip guy.

picture thing

• I mostly Palm myself, but I catch myself doing the claw as well.

• I was using an A4Tech X-750 with a custom MSI skin (came with our old MSI GX710 laptop) for 6 years.

But I switched to an MSI Interceptor DS100 this year. I'm a claw/palm guy and I think it's really comfortable. Plus it's accurate and it looks amazing.

Product site

• The RAT Is Fully customizable to fit your hand.if you can go to the nearest best buy or gaming store an see if you can feel them in your paws first.

Other things you may want to look into our dpi, macros, wireless or wired, durability

• I prefer wired myself, and I've never used a mouse with the DPI settings, I'm open to it, just not sure about it. With macros,
    I don't play many games where I need them, but it'd be nice if my mouse had 3-6 programable buttons.

• I hardly used macros on the mouse myself personally. But Dpi is nice when you want to switch mouse speed on the fly

• Redragon M601
    6-button, on the fly sensitivity button, 2000 dpi.
    $13.99 on Amazon
    Cheap, works great.

• I've been looking at the RAT mice. The TE, 5 and 7 all look really nice.

• So I ordered a Rat 7 today. Should be here Wednesday.

• Just on my way on getting Razer Imperator replaced. The Left-Click stopped registering the first click and MMB became a bit oversensitive by causing unnecessary double clicks. Lasted in my hand for about 1,5yrs - luckily warranty is for 2 years.

• I don't have this mouse, but it is my aim to get it if still possible.
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-molten

• edited May 2015

@Cpl. Vlad said:
    I don't have this mouse, but it is my aim to get it if still possible.
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-molten

It's been out of production since late 2012, i got lucky to get a normal 2012 naga.

• Oh, I thought so, that is shameful, there might be some other stuff I will find nice out there. With lots of buttons so I can play ArmA 3 easily.

• So PFC Spears
    how is the RAT ?