In Memoriam: Jeffrey Hauser

This is a post Battalion HQ hopes they never have to write again. We were informed this morning that one of our members, T/5 Hauser, had passed away unexpectedly last night. For those that didn't have the opportunity to know T/5 Hauser, he was an integral part of Charlie Company and CP1, always helping out any way he could. T/5 Hauser was involved in Lighthouse, stepping up in times of limited ADI/DI availability, as well as helping members of the unit troubleshooting issues with their PCs through the Medical Corps. Though he had just returned from a brief retirement, T/5 Hauser had big plans for his future in the 29th, looking to return to his beloved job of Drill Instructor in addition to working with Company HQ to ensure proper server operation. Battalion HQ asked T/5 Hauser's current and previous leadership to say a few words and those are offered below:

2Lt. Nelson said:

Men like T/5 Hauser are few and far between when it comes to dedication and sense of community. We became good pals over our years of service together, and he was always there to lend a helping hand when we needed some extra elbow grease. The guy was talented, reliable, dedicated and brought a lot to our community, both in combat and in TS. His technical skills brought forth numerous patches and videos for CP1, and he was regularly able to help Cpt. Hill with some of the finer bits of coding behind customizing Arma 3. I cannot stress enough how great of an asset T/5 Hauser was to CP1; a true brother-in-arms, he gave us his all.

The sting of his loss is particularly hard for us now, seeing as he had just re-enlisted into CP1S2 after a brief hiatus, and his boys were eager to receive him back into their squad. We are all stricken with grief knowing he has been taken from us yet-again, but this time it's for good. May he rest in peace knowing he was loved for his youthful spirit and gritty game-face, with the character to go to the end's of the earth for a friend. What a guy, what a loss. Ever Forward.

2Lt. Bergstrom said:

I regret that I didn’t get to know Jeffrey Hauser better during my time as his Platoon Leader and I hold myself to task for that. One of the facets of being a leader in the 29th is the well-being of your troops. In the virtual world, our priorities of attendance and performance can become all consuming and we can become only semi-aware of the human side. It is terribly important to remember that all of us have our real world lives that we “go home to” after drills end. We have our real world wins and losses, our successes and heartbreaks that shape how we are when we sign in on Teamspeak that night - or if we sign in at all.

But by being a member of this group we must never forget that we are not alone. The squad-mate next to you, the ASL and SL at the front and end of your line, the Platoon Sgt and Leader at the head of the Platoon, the Company standing around you and the Battalion surrounding all of us are with you. We may not all be support workers, but we can be a friendly ear you can blow off steam to. We can offer suggestions and advice to those who seek it. We can share in our real world knowledge and experiences that may help you work at overcoming something that you are struggling with, or we can direct you to those who can.

Hauser was a young man full of potential, he will be greatly missed.

FSgt. Balzer said:

T/5 Hauser was one of those individuals that make this all worth while. His attitude and his personality were positive and infectious. In a fire fight he was a force, and a teammate. I will for a long time remember him laughing after drills about success and failures equally. He was that exact type of guy you wanted to be on a team with. He is the 29th member we all want to be in a squad with. Others will rightly extort his technical skills, time and effort he put in to his 29th career. There are a million times he approached me, excited, asking about things he wanted to build. He did so many things for us. Yet, I will remember his bright personality, giving far more enjoyment than he could ever get.

I have lost a few friends in the last few years. I am sad to say one more has gone to rest. All we rightly wish for is that we could have enjoyed more time. He was a gift to us. He had to step away from the 29th a few times, from us. It was nice to hope he would come back and he did. His loss is especially painful because he had just returned to us. Our only comfort can be in knowing he is at rest. I hope his friends and family outside the 29th will get some solace knowing he brought joy to so many, and will be missed by each and everyone of us.

This is a friend we will miss, Ever Forward!

Battalion Headquarters is saddened by the sudden loss of such a shining member of the unit and would like to recognize his dedication and contributions to the unit. As such, Battalion HQ will be promoting T/5 Hauser posthumously to the rank of Technician, Fourth Grade and will also be adding "Hauser" to the Historic Names List, thus being retired and unable to be duplicated in the future.

Ever Forward, T/4!

CERTIFICATION OF PROMOTION

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and
confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

Jeffrey Hauser     161491571     CP1S2

I do promote him to Technician, Fourth Grade in the

UNITED STATES ARMY

to rank as such from the 6th day of July 2018.

You are charged to discharge carefully and diligently the duties of the grade to which promoted and to uphold the traditions and standards of the Army.

Effective with this promotion you are charged to execute diligently your special skills with a high degree of technical proficiency and to maintain standards of performance, moral courage and dedication to the Army which will serve as outstanding examples to your fellow soldiers. You are charged to observe and follow the orders and directions given by superiors acting according to the law, articles and rules governing the discipline of the Army. Your unfailing trust in superiors and loyalty to your peers will significantly contribute to the readiness and honor of the United States Army.

Comments

• Hauser was a great guy. I had just talked to him on Tuesday and he seemed like he was super excited to return to the 29th and Charlie, and would pester just about anybody he could to get his reenlistment processed quicker. He was a guest at our squad drill Tuesday night but had to leave early due to computer issues and didn't rejoin. It's a surreal feeling hearing this about a person you just talked to, and especially with us in the 29th who might talk to each other multiple nights a week. I never met him in person, but Hauser was definitely a guy anybody would be lucky to have shared a beer with.

o7 there buddy. Have fun up in the stars.

• Rest in peace

Salute

• I don't think you can get any worse news involving a member of the 29th. RIP Hauser

• I'm gonna miss you more than you'll ever know buddy, a great teammate, DI, and most importantly an incredible friend the likes of whom I've yet to meet again, and the midnight shootin' the shit, absolute havoc and fun in the platoon server after BCT I probably wasn't supposed to mention, and competitiveness over who could get the shinier service coat, I don't think I'll get the opportunity to, or be able to bring myself to ever replicate again. but I'm both absolutely miserable, yet simultaneously happy to say that with your promotion to T/4, however god-awful the circumstances, you win bro.

Rest in peace, I'm gonna miss you man.

• It's never easy hearing about the death of someone you know, especially as unexpected as this.
    Hell, I still remember being your liaison and helped you on your career in the unit. It has been tremendous for me the whole yesterday, and although I don't think being remembered by a bunch of internet weirdos will do you any good up there, just know that we've considered you a friend and will always be toasting to you from now on.

One hell of a ride, you glorious absolute unit of a friend.

• edited July 7

bad word bad word bad word bad word bad word bad word bad word bad word bad word bad word

Salute there buddy. Have fun up in the stars.

• Ever forward into infinity buddy. One last "Solid hustle".

• When I joined this unit, I never imagined that I would end up taking it serious and actually staying more than a few months. I never imagined that I would consider members of this unit as friends.
    But I was wrong.. so wrong.. A lot of people that I ended up meeting in here, somehow marked me, and will stay with me forever.. you are one of these people.
    You T/4 Hauser, always surprised me with how dedicated you were. The amount of love you had for this unit was unmatched... I remember when I added you on facebook, I saw that you would always stream the drills.. Showing everyone how proud you were, for being part of the 29th.
    I still remember the day when I saw your discharge, I was like "man.. it sucks that Hauser had to leave.. hope he gets back soon". And last week when I saw your reenlistment, I suddenly felt a surge of happiness, "Hauser is coming back, that is awesome"..
    Hauser I trully admire you and I hope you have fun up there. I wish that one day we will be able to play ArmA again in the heavens.
    Rest in Peace friend.

• I've spent the whole damn day trying to put into words what I wanted to post when this announcement went up. I still can't find the words. I don't think I ever will. I wish there had been more time to spend with you. You were one of the best, and I dare someone to try to match the miracles you worked.

• edited July 7

T/4 Hauser

To know that you were returning to CP1S2, to everyone was huge bundle of joy, of rainbows and bubble gum drops is a understatement. Everyone was sooo ecstatic to hear the great news. Everyone wanted your return to happen so much faster then it did. The things you did for the 29th can never thanked enough. You were a great guy. Among the best we all strive for. The time you spent helping others can never be repaid. Your knowledge of so many things will be unmatched. Your personality lifted oh so many people up. The times I spent with you were always amazing, and I was always wanting more. Thanks for everything!

It's always hard to hear such tragic new of a fallen man. It's even harder to hear when you know how dear he was, to so many and for what he has done. Life can be taken in a blink of a eye, and for this we should all charish every moment that we have.

We will miss you dude. Rest in peace. You will never be forgotten!

Salute

• I am speechless...

Rest in Peace

• Words... such feeble things, they somehow always... always fall short compared to the gut reaction and sensations that flow through ones head. Feelings no matter how one may try to say it, those words will never effectively convey it.

Ever Forward T/4 Hauser - gone but not forgotten with the soldiers of our past .

Snaps to attention firmly Saluting

• edited July 7

When I got the chance, I always liked fighting along the side of T/4 Hauser and I will definitely miss him,
    even though I did not know him personally . I want to extend my deepest condolences to everyone here in the 29th, but most of all his family, may they find peace.

• edited July 7

I find this too hard to believe, it was only last weekend (I believe) the T/4 joined a TS channel that 2Lt Kear and I were in to announce he was "coming back", it was extremely welcomed news.

I never knew him well, but I knew he was a pleasure to have at my side in drills, I express my deepest condolences to his family, and to everyone that knew him on a personal level within the 29th.

This is truly sad news.

Salute

• Will miss you T/4 Hauser. You were the first person in the 29th I ever had an extended amount of contact with as my DI, and the example you set there eventually let to me becoming an ADI myself. You graciously offered to answer my questions after graduation, which was perhaps a bigger task then you realized, and that positivity kept me active when a lot of Pvts. get overwhelmed and leave. My biggest regret is that I never got a chance to know you better. Rest in Peace.

• edited July 7

Upon returning T/4 Hauser was a name that stood among the rest, you didn't need to know him to know about him. This news saddens me deeply.

Rest in peace T/4, you will be missed.
    Salute

• My deepest condolences
    May you rest in peace

Salute

• I'm speechless...Rest In Peace T/4.

• I didn't really know T/4 Hauser. But I know he meant a lot to many people.
    My deepest condolences to his family and his friends.

Rest in Peace T/4.

Salute

• edited July 7

Rest in Peace, a person never to be forgotten.

Salute

• No man is an island,
    Entire of itself.
    Each is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thine own
    Or of thine friend's were.
    Each man's death diminishes me,
    For I am involved in mankind.
    Therefore, send not to know
    For whom the bell tolls,
    It tolls for thee.

Rest in peace, T/4.

• He sounds like a great guy, and now I'll never have the pleasure of meeting him.
    Rest in peace...

Salute

• Rest in peace T/4 Hauser

Salute

• He was my DI during my BCT, and him along with PFC Carlson became a big reason why I stayed in the 29th and wanted to do more in the community. He was the type of man that inspired you to embrace whatever task you were doing. I have not yet met another 29th member that was as kind and helpful as him. He will be sorely missed.

• edited July 7

I'm having a hard time finding any words for this, Hauser, but you will forever remain in our memories as the vibrant, capable person and friend that you were. You never hesitated to learn or teach, always offered aid and did more than was expected of you and on top of all that did a hell of a job at it. I'm glad of the time we've spent together, and can now only wish for more. Rest well, T/4.

• RIP
    Salute

• I only spoke to him a few times, first through Operations before he discharged and then when he guested CP1S3's squad drill less than a week ago but it was instantly clear that T/4 Hauser was a prime example of a stand-up guy always willing to go the extra mile and do more than what anyone asked of him. CP1, Charlie and the 29th as a whole is significantly worse off without him, of this I have no doubt.

My condolences to his friends and family. Rest in Peace.

• This truely is sad to hear, the few times i met T4 Hauser he has always been a pleasure to be around with positive energy, strong will and superb skills.
    We may all just play a game in the end, but the people we play with and the connections we make are real.
    I hope he finds peace wherever he may be. And i will leave this with a quote from one of my favorite songs.

Bring me home in blinding dream
    Through the secrets that I have seen
    Wash the sorrow from off my skin
    And show me how to be whole again
    Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
    Hardly anything there for you to see.
    For you to see

Linkin Park, Castle of Glass

Salute

• All my respect and condolences to his relatives and his family. Rest in peace T / 4 Hauser.

Salute

• RIP T/4 Hauser

Salute