Web Development Bug

This post is mainly for whoever maintains the webpage.

I'm not sure who else runs into this problem. I use the most updated version of Mozilla Firefox as well. Whenever I try to access anything in the Personnel drop down menu, I am met with a blank page. After restarting in safe mode with all add-ons disabled, I can load one page from the drop down menu, and then I am met with a blank pages later on.

First, I tried to see if a certain add-on was causing the issue. I mainly use uBlock origin (adblock), LastPass, and Reddit Enhancement Suite. I found that this issue persists through to the Google Chrome browser as well. It's mainly just a slight annoyance but I would like to know if anyone else has come across the issue and if they have found a fix for it.

In summary, I have seen this issue only with pages access from the Personnel drop down menu. If anymore information is needed, please feel free to contact me.

Comments

• Have you tried clearing cookies/cache? I'm running Firefox and have no issues. I know our personnel system sometimes freaks out if you have a bad cache of the site.

• @MSgt. Conrad said:

Have you tried clearing cookies/cache? I'm running Firefox and have no issues. I know our personnel system sometimes freaks out if you have a bad cache of the site.

MSgt,

I have tried clearing cache/cookies/data multiple times to try and isolate the issue. Still haven't figured out what it is though. Have you ever had this problem before? I'm going to try reinstalling a fresh copy of Firefox to make sure it just isn't something wrong with the application. I'll get back with the results.

Edit (30 Oct. 2018 @ 10:07):
    Problem persists only when I am logged in and try to view anything under the Personnel drop down menu. If I am logged out, I can view the pages properly but when I am logged in, no matter which page I hit login from, I am unable to view any page. No solution found besides to just be logged out.

• edited November 2018

@Rec. Elder said:

@MSgt. Conrad said:

Have you tried clearing cookies/cache? I'm running Firefox and have no issues. I know our personnel system sometimes freaks out if you have a bad cache of the site.

MSgt,

I have tried clearing cache/cookies/data multiple times to try and isolate the issue. Still haven't figured out what it is though. Have you ever had this problem before? I'm going to try reinstalling a fresh copy of Firefox to make sure it just isn't something wrong with the application. I'll get back with the results.

Edit (30 Oct. 2018 @ 10:07):
    Problem persists only when I am logged in and try to view anything under the Personnel drop down menu. If I am logged out, I can view the pages properly but when I am logged in, no matter which page I hit login from, I am unable to view any page. No solution found besides to just be logged out.

MSgt,

I am having the same issue, however I am on Google Chrome. I wonder if it could be a permissions (rank) viewing problem. Most forums (that I have worked with) it matters if the rank has viewing privileges in order to see the content. I am not very familiar with Vanilla Forums, but that is just a thought I had. If I log off I am able to see the content within calendar and other areas, however when I am logged in on my forum account I cannot.

Note: I have tried clearing Cache and it has not worked. As stated above, I can view it just fine if I am logged out of the site.

Rec. Dickerson