U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Signature
James T. Kear
Name (Type or Print)
Second Lieutenant Platoon Leader Charlie Company, Second Platoon HQ
Rank Position Platoon/Squad
Member has requested honorable discharge.
Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved
Commander Signature
7th of February 2019
Date

Comments

• Take care Lt!

• Take care, Sir

• edited March 7

Thank you for all the time, energy and effort you put into the 29th, 2Lt. I am a lucky man in the fact that you were part of my 29th experience. Take care.

• edited March 7

Perhaps the most solid 2Lt. I've had the honour of serving under and with. Outstanding attitude, outstanding ability and outstanding leadership.

It's a horror to see you go. Thank you so incredibly much for the ridiculous amount of work you've put into the 29th, and each and every member of CP2 over the last few years. We'd be nowhere near where we are, without you.
    CP2 though, is in good hands!

Best of luck in your endeavours, Sir!

Salute

• 2Lt. Kear, Thank you for all the efforts you have put into this unit and Charlie company/CP2 especially. Also the time and trust you took with me and cared for me as a clerk and outside that also just having good conversations together on Steam, we will still continue this. Sometimes we just need a break from the 29th and get back to reality. I hope you as you did before return after a few years of taking it easy and perhaps come back even stronger. Take care for now, i will surely see you around and hop into TS from time to time :).

• It is a sad day to see this. I want to thank you for your time served, and it was a pleasure working with you, Sir.
    I hope you come back again one day, feeling more refreshed.
    Take care, my friend.

• CP2 has a long tradition of excellent leadership. Lt. Kear is definitely in the hall of fame. When he took CP2, it was having trouble finding its way, he rebuilt it from the ground up. He managed the Platoon for several years, participated in several community events and won its first Official Scrimmage in a long time. Always steady, cool under fire and confident. CP2 is infinitely better because of him. His professionalism has inspired those above him, those below him and his peers alike.

Thank you for your time. Thank you for what you turned CP2 in to. While we have had our professional disagreements, I hope you have always sensed my respect. You are always welcome as a guest, and your return would be met with the joy of many. Including me.

And thanks for Pappy's.
    Salute

• Hope to see you back ASAP mate

• Thanks for your personal guidance and general, genuine care for the platoon. Peace lad.

• Truly terrible news. I appreciate all the kindness you showed me and so many others in your time here.

• The 29th and you will always be interlinked, El Tee

• Won't be the same without you 2Lt.

• Thank you for everything you've done for helping me, and everyone else reach the position we all have today, your guidance and wisdom has made me a better person, as well as a solider. I will never forget our countless wurm and days to die hours, and will look forward to seeing you in the future. Take care, sir.

• Thank you 2Lt. for all your hard work for the platoon. I've enjoyed working with you and you will be definitely missed. Take care 2Lt.

• Thank you very much for all your effort and hard work you have done for us 2Lt, I hope you do return and dont be a stranger. Take care!

• Thanks for the time and effort you did in the 29th. I hope to see in the future back, take care 2LT!

• edited March 9

If I tried to list everything you've done for the platoon and me personally I'd be typing for weeks, this really is awful to see. I never would have gotten through SLT and my time in leadership if you weren't there. Hell, I don't think I would have ever gotten into leadership if you weren't there to nudge me towards it. Thank you for everything and all your hard work, I wish you the very best.

• An Irish Exit.

A True Gentleman.

"I swear to you, I will, be there"

• It was truly an honor to serve under your command, LT. salute

• edited March 12

Very disappointed and very sad to see a capable member of 29th ID leaving :neutral:

Take care my friend, I hope to see you back here someday!

Salute

• It's been a long road, buddy. Go tend to your fields and other whimsical imagery... You will be remembered throughout the ages. Songs will be sung of your triumphs. Children will be read stories of your feats! Go on, young soldier, and conquer life! Ever forward into greatness :)

Don't be a stranger!

Salute

• Take care and I wish all the best in life, sir!

Salute

• It may not be the exact same image I used the last time you retired, Lt., but it's the same idea:

• I thought I'd replied to this thread way back when it was posted, but apparently not.. It sucks that you had to leave Sir. You've been a great inspiration ever since the DH Days and Always a good guy to be around. You also did Amazing work with recruiting older members into the platoon and it wouldn't be as good as it is without your efforts. Really hope to see you back soon again! Hej sålänge din best! ;)