Promotion (Matt Shields) 

SSgt. Robles said:

There are times when individuals in this unit grow up and become more than just a "regular member." Indeed this day has finally come for the one, the only: PFC Shields. How did we get here, however? The PFC's story in the 29th goes a little bit back to our first expansion into Squad, when Easy Company was just a newborn company. He joined us during our first Christmas in Easy, and was in one of the first TPs. Growing up, he was a Pvt. and young PFC that spoke little; however, he had another forte: his AR skills. Before we had the Cranes and Whiskeys of Easy, we had the Shields of Easy. His AR skills were some of the best the company had seen at that point; even now, he ranks high with his AR skills. Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure to have him under me until we expanded to EP3. Here, he was a stand out SLT candidate and when the time came, he became an excellent ASL in EP3S1. His time in Easy Company, from AR to SLT to ASL, has really been impressive to, not only me, but to everyone who has observed him. His professionalism throughout the SLT process makes him, in my opinion, a good role model to all those who enter SLT. With all this said, I am proud to announce his completion of SLT. With this, he will be awarded his Army NCO Professional Development Ribbon. I also believe that "PFC" is no longer a rank fit for him; as such, we will be promoting him to the rank of Corporal. Congratulations, Cpl. Shields!

CERTIFICATION OF PROMOTION

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and
confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

Matt Shields       301565621      EP3S1

I do promote him to Corporal in the

UNITED STATES ARMY

to rank as such from the 17th day of March 2019 .

You are charged to discharge carefully and diligently the duties of the grade to which promoted and to uphold the traditions and standards of the Army.

Effective with this promotion you are charged to execute diligently your special skills with a high degree of technical proficiency and to maintain standards of performance, moral courage and dedication to the Army which will serve as outstanding examples to your fellow soldiers. You are charged to observe and follow the orders and directions given by superiors acting according to the law, articles and rules governing the discipline of the Army. Your unfailing trust in superiors and loyalty to your peers will significantly contribute to the readiness and honor of the United States Army.

Comments