U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1. I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the
    United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,
    AR 135-175.

2. I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an
    honourable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge
    Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

David M. Vogel
Signature
David M. Vogel
Name (Type or Print)
Technician , Fifth Grade Rifleman Charlie Company, First Platoon, First Squad
Rank Position Platoon/Assignment
T/5 Vogel said:
It is with a heavy heart that I feel I must request a discharge from the 29th at this moment in time. As of late, my attendance has been infrequent and lacking to the standards of the 29th due to a variety of IRL commitments. I had hoped these would be limited, but more opportunities keep arising and both into the summer and the upcoming school year I simply do not see myself having the constant availability to maintain proper eligibility in the 29th. I also do not wish to diminish the reputation of CP1S1 who has had stellar attendance rates in the entire time I have seen them. I hope to remain casually active and return as a guest from time to time when the opportunity arises.

I have had many fond memories both good and bad, from those who have moved on and those I’ve known from my beginning, from being thrust into positions of leadership, from the evolving nature of our gameplay, Charlie Co. and the 29th gave me a reason to explore a game I might never put more than 15 hours in quickly into my highest played game logged on Steam. It was interesting to see the game from a unique and focused perspective outside of what you might expect from the Arma experience that only this unit could provide. There are dozens of stories you’ll never be told unless you were there and about a thousand screenshots that will never be made public, but the internal comradery of these events passed around through Steam messages are the lifeblood of what makes this unit come together, the chewing gum and bailing wire of it all, are the people in it and the stories they tell.

I wish the best of luck to everybody going forward and I’m sure ill see them around.
Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved
Commander Signature
17 APR 2019
Date

Comments

• Awww man.

I better be seeing you reenlisting in the future. Best of luck!

• You will be missed. Thanks for your service. Don't be a stranger.

• I'll for sure be around from time to time. I just had to make the big boy decision to see the writing on the wall before id be forced out from my attendance.

• Being a man of limited time myself, I know the feeling. Keep working hard IRL and hopefully the opportunity for you to come back to us on a more permanent basis will arise. Take it easy, buddy.

• I'll see you around Vogel. You were a hell of an ASL and are an even better friend!

• Shiiiiit. Now thats some bad news... I hope you gonna guest as often as possible and eventually reenlist my friend! Take care about your stuff, The Dirty First will gonna miss you and especially I will miss our conversations after Drills. See you around!

• Shame to see you go, T/5. Come back when you can and make sure to visit us some time.