Promotion (Kelly J. Fritz)

TSgt. Dethfield said:

Sometimes in the 29th, we forget just how daunting the path of one's progression can seem to a new private. One need only look at the average time in service of a junior NCO and be wide-eyed at the prospect of being a private or PFC for months on end before attaining that coveted first step of leadership and double-chevron sleeve, especially when one is used to other communities with a much shorter timeframe for advancement. It can seem like one might as well resign themselves to never reaching those higher positions up the chain of command.

People like 2Lt. Fritz, however, should be proof that this is not necessarily the case. He is one of those people who just shot right up the chain of command so quickly it felt like he was barely out of SLT before he completed OCS. His service throughout the 29th should be obvious, but maybe what isn't so obvious is how he achieved such success so quickly. The truth is that he took it upon himself contribute in huge ways to the 29th when no one else would. He stepped up, ran events, pushed for and implement changes and improvements and set goals and achieved them. He didn't just sit around, talking about it. He made it all happen. In doing so, he himself was responsible for his meteoric rise through the ranks.

Even after he left us for a brief time, his return to the unit and assuming of the role of Easy Company Executive Officer has been nothing but a benefit, constantly pushing for exciting new ideas and helping the company deal with the many issues that inevitably occur. It is this initiative that allows people to go where they want to go in the 29th and sadly, is something lost on less experienced members. There is no one I would rather have as my XO today and I am pleased to announce today that Battalion HQ has authorized his promotion to First Lieutenant. Glad to see you get back your silver bar, sir!

CERTIFICATION OF PROMOTION

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and
confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

Kelly J. Fritz       047232271       Easy Company HQ

I do promote him to First Lieutenant in the

UNITED STATES ARMY

to rank as such from the 18th day of October 2019 .

You are charged to discharge carefully and diligently the duties of the grade to which promoted and to uphold the traditions and standards of the Army.

Effective with this promotion you are charged to execute diligently your special skills with a high degree of technical proficiency and to maintain standards of performance, moral courage and dedication to the Army which will serve as outstanding examples to your fellow soldiers. You are charged to observe and follow the orders and directions given by superiors acting according to the law, articles and rules governing the discipline of the Army. Your unfailing trust in superiors and loyalty to your peers will significantly contribute to the readiness and honor of the United States Army.

Kyle J. Wheatley

Comments