Promotion and Badges (Joshua D. Merrill) 

Cpl. Newton said:

"Every once in a while you get a Pvt that makes his way into your squad that has a rough time adjusting to the 29th playstyle. Then you get guys like Pvt. Merrill that show up on day 1 and start dominating from their very first drill. I experienced this with Pvt. Evarts back in EP2S2 and I have noticed many similarities in the two. Merrill has distinguished himself in EP4S3 with his rifle, and has since become my go to man for our squad's optic. Not only does he frequently end up with the most kills in the squad, and even the whole drill, but he uses his optic to benefit those around by reporting enemy positions. I can frequently trust Merrill to go off on his own and work his magic behind enemy lines. Not only that, but since helicopters have come out with v16 he's become what I think is the best pilot in the platoon, and possibly even the company. Although there may not be a lot of competition at the moment, I think that's a title he surely has. Because of his skills, and because of his dedication to EP4S3 I think that he has outgrown his current status as a Pvt. and I believe he has earned his Rifle Marksman Badge, his EIB, and a promotion to the rank of PFC. Congratulations PFC Merrill!"

CERTIFICATION OF PROMOTION

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and
confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

Joshua D. Merrill       018564903      EP4S3

I do promote him to Private, First Class in the

UNITED STATES ARMY

to rank as such from the 10th day of November 2019 .

You are charged to discharge carefully and diligently the duties of the grade to which promoted and to uphold the traditions and standards of the Army.

Effective with this promotion you are charged to execute diligently your special skills with a high degree of technical proficiency and to maintain standards of performance, moral courage and dedication to the Army which will serve as outstanding examples to your fellow soldiers. You are charged to observe and follow the orders and directions given by superiors acting according to the law, articles and rules governing the discipline of the Army. Your unfailing trust in superiors and loyalty to your peers will significantly contribute to the readiness and honor of the United States Army.

Comments