Fallout 4

2»

Comments

• I have mine pre-loaded....my graphics card is the minimum requirement haha

• Honestly, those recommendations are rarely extremely accurate.

• edited November 2015

Some spoilers on this.

• How do people already have it!? I hope to not spoil anything for myself, gotta wait until tomorrow afternoon and the pain will be over (until I have to go to work.)

• People have it because either:
    1. Someone screwed up.
    2. They got a press copy of the game.

• It's a lot of fun so far. I have some problems with the fact that there is only one voice actor for the main character, I would rather have his dialogue in text only tbh. I mean I wanted to make an older scientist guy with a german accent, but that's impossible now, and in my second playthrough I want to play a japanese martial artist who makes people explode with his fists. The voice just doesn't fit.

The UI and menus are also very sloppily done for PC. You need to use E, Tab, Enter, T and a lot of other stupid buttons, as well as the key arrows.

Other than that I think I will enjoy the game very much. The gameplay is greatly improved over F3 and New Vegas and the Boston setting is very cool. It's Fallout after all, even though Bethesda hasn't impressed me with any game since Morrowind.

• @Cpl. Zenhenko said:
    Honestly, those recommendations are rarely extremely accurate.

Yeah..I tried to play and the graphics were God awful. Cannot stand medium quality. Looks like a graphics upgrade is in order lol.

• Ultra quality isn't that much better to be honest. It doesn't look bad but it isn't impressive at all. At least the graphic design is good?

• FPS is limited to sixty, apparently. You can remove the cap, but it messes up physics.

Not that it matters to me much; I barely get 40FPS on High.

• I'm having fun on Xbox One.

• This game fried my minimum requirement graphics card and now Im looking at my motherboard showing errors in my CPU too..this is some powerful stuff right here..posting now from my phone....:(

• Great game can it top Bloodbourne / Witcher 3 / MGSV for GOTY though? Time will see...

• I'm having tons of fun. I can see why people who expected more of an RPG (like New Vegas was) got disappointed but they should have known better. This is a bethesda game, not obsidian. For me it just feels like an upgrade from Fallout 3 in every way, but it doesn't have the same punch as New Vegas did.

Great fun 9/10. Not a masterpiece but still a great game.

• Oh god, the obsidian vs. Bethesda ; Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas arguments are coming.

• edited November 2015

@Sgt. Fritz said:
    Oh god, the obsidian vs. Bethesda ; Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas arguments are coming.

I'll nuke the thread and any replacement threads anyone makes if that starts up. Zero tolerance for pointless flaming.

• I agree with you Andersson, there isn't as many RP elements as there were in NV, and the majority of the quests are "go clear out x," but I still thoroughly enjoy Fallout 4. The sandbox elements in Fallout 4 more than make up for any missing RPG elements. Other than the simplistic quests and pretty basic story line, it's a huge improvement from the previous generation. The FPS issues are another problem, getting below 60 FPS on medium with a $1200 PC built half a year ago is unacceptable for a game that is on an engine this old and graphics so basic. Oh well though, still a definite 9/10.

I also already have over a day in the game and completed the main story line. Now onto expanding my empire.

• I always wait with the main mission for last (didn't even finish F3's main mission until all the DLCs had come out) so I'm still wandering around Boston. Still loving it, some quests are absolutely brilliant. Has anyone played "Secret of Cabot House" yet? That quest is definitely on par with some of the better New Vegas quests.

I also recommend people to play creepy parts and bigger mission with the radio turned off, because the ambient music is sick. I even suspect some parts of it might be written for specific missions and locales.

• @Pvt. Andersson said:
    I also recommend people to play creepy parts and bigger mission with the radio turned off, because the ambient music is sick. I even suspect some parts of it might be written for specific missions and locales.

Dunwich Borers... A throwback for those that remember the Dunwich Building in Fo3.

• annnd apparently there's a basic cover system that isn't mentioned in the game at all...

• Oh... yeah, probs should've mentioned. I found that out by accident one day when I was watching AI constantly duck out of cover at me all the time and figured I'd do the same. Hide behind a bit of cover and right-click with your weapon, heads pop out. Legit.

• @TSgt. Conrad said:
    Dunwich Borers... A throwback for those that remember the Dunwich Building in Fo3.

Haven't been there, but there's a LOT of lovecraft references in this game. I mean it makes sense since it's a New England setting, but I am still happy that they put a lot of focus on horror and morbidity in some of the quests. They really mix up the genres in this game, sometimes it feels like a noir gangster drama, sometimes it's post-apoc STALKER vibes, sometimes it's Weird Science Pulp action. Sometimes it even feels like Fallout!