Squad

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015

Squad has gone from Closed PRE-Alpha to Closed Alpha! This means that everyone who backed up the game via kickstarter or their website above Squadleader tier will be able to get in now, servers are up 24/7 and there are allot more players! First you had like 10 servers with only 2 that were full, no we got 20 servers and 10 mostly full!

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=48

They also added the healing system from PR, so bandages and the medic can heal and revive now!

• Options

Heads up! Squad will go to Steam on December 15th, 2015!

And also:

As of Midnight PST November 30th 2015, we are ending pre-purchasing of Squad. You have between now and the end of the month to pre-purchase the game at the Squad Leader Founder level, which grants you access to the following perks on Steam:

Founder Patch in-game on your soldier (Delivery date TBD)  
    Founder Tag in the Community Forums  
    Exclusive Alternate Weapon Skins (AK74 and M4)  
    Digital copy of the Squad soundtrack  
    In-game name in Credits   

Or at the Rifleman level, for USD 30.00.

This release will came with two new factions added, Russians and Militia (Russian based).
    http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=58

• Options

Can't wait for this game, think i'll cave in and buy it this weekend

• Options
    edited November 2015

If anyone picks this up, I will be playing on it periodically when it comes to Steam on December 15th. It would be a pleasure to play with some of you to get a more tactical experience rather than lone wolfing it like I have been. I'll try to give a heads-up on here when I'm starting to get a session going.

• Options
    edited November 2015

Totally forgot to add this video of mine from the beginning of the month:

• Options

I want to have drills in Squad.

• Options
    edited December 2015

Why don't we get a head count of who's all gonna be getting this and get an event going. It was suggested to me that we have some one from quartermasters to film it and Cpl. Noye has offered to edit the footage,
    and once we get a finished product put it up the CoC. And also if anyone who knows how create mods and maps could analyze the game to see how hard it would be to make a BCT map and mods that we might need to use, that'd be great.

• Options
    edited December 2015

It won't be hard to make anything regarding maps, it's the Unreal Engine 4 and RO2/RS is the Unreal Engine 3 and the 4th engine's editor has had allot of improvements and i believe less buggy. I think once we see how this game is when released it could be a really good game to be supported by the 29th.

• Options

I think I'm going to shoot for doing something next week. I'll try to do two events, one for GMT, the other for EST. I'll keep you all in the loop. So far, the people I know that have this are the following (I'll update the more people I find out about)

• Myself
    • Cpl. Veld
  • Options

This has my interest. As soon as the game is properly released I'll buy it and pop on when anyone else is up for it.

• Options
    edited December 2015

@2Lt.Fritz I'll be in as well as soon as it comes out. Did they say it was going to 45$ for people who didn't preorder?

• Options

I will start playing it as soon as it is released on steam. 15th I believe?

@"PFC DuBose" said:
    2Lt.Fritz I'll be in as well as soon as it comes out. Did they say it was going to 45$ for people who didn't preorder?

I heard 40, but it will probably vary by region.

• Options

I'll be checking it out

• Options

Just picked it up, should be ready for some matches later today!

• Options

Sounds good, Yesterday we had a solid few rounds. I'll be on later as well.

• Options

I brought it and unfortunately struggle to run it. From what gameplay i manage to get before my PC keels over and dies turns out to be pretty good, upgrading soon so hope to play with some guys in the coming months!

• Options

I gave in. I bought it.

• Options
    edited December 2015

You can try these performance tweaks, gave me 5 extra frames in the most unoptimized maps: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/5869-performance-tweaks-for-extra-fps/

• Options
    edited December 2015

Bought it and I'm really enjoying it. If you liked Project Reality you'd like this game for sure. Really want to play with some 29thers though, playing with crappy squads sucks.

• Options

playing it aswell really great game. On some maps performance is a bit meh. but then again they said they will focus on improving the performance coming months.

• Options

I am playing it as well! Really would like to play with 29ers... who is up for that?
    Ad me on steam!

• Options

enter image description here

Sniper is really fun

• Options

Recorded some footage when we played:

• Options

I have been playing SQUAD since closed Alpha, it's pretty cool, great potential to be something great.

• Options

@"PFC DuBose" said:
    Why don't we get a head count of who's all gonna be getting this and get an event going. It was suggested to me that we have some one from quartermasters to film it and Cpl. Noye has offered to edit the footage,
    and once we get a finished product put it up the CoC. And also if anyone who knows how create mods and maps could analyze the game to see how hard it would be to make a BCT map and mods that we might need to use, that'd be great.

As already pointed out mods/maps wouldn't be very difficult to make if supported by the devs (otherwise it would be pretty difficult to modify things without permission). I have quite a bit of experience with UE4 myself I work on it almost everyday. It sure offers a lot more possibilities than with UE3.

• Options

It'd be really cool to have a 29th server in this game, I think it fits really well into the 29th style of realism and since there is a distinct lack of NA servers we'd probably get a ton of traffic. Then again, it is another server to moderator (but from what I've experienced there is currently very little in the ways of griefers)

• Options

@"Cpl. Zenhenko" said:
    It'd be really cool to have a 29th server in this game, I think it fits really well into the 29th style of realism and since there is a distinct lack of NA servers we'd probably get a ton of traffic. Then again, it is another server to moderator (but from what I've experienced there is currently very little in the ways of griefers)

I would gladly moderate a Squad server if we ever got one. A server on this game would probably be a good investment because it will draw in players who like communication and teamwork, and from what i've gathered there are tons of RO2 and Arma players (or at least owners) playing Squad.

• Options

Apparently this game won't run well on AMD systems even on lowest?

• Options

You can still run the game, just probably around 30 FPS on low graphics.

• Options

From what i gather its a problem with Unreal Engine itself, but the next UE update will focus on performance. Right now they need to improve the lobby systems so that we can get good pings.