Squad

1234568»

Comments

• V10 releasing today in a few mins

patch notes here

https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=252

• v10 is out! When is v11 coming out?

• Feb. Recap. I believe the British forces are coming sooner than later. New buildingstuff. Looks cool.

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=259

• http://steamcommunity.com/games/squad/announcements/detail/1660011838903088171

Pushed an update out today. One of these was probably why we were having so much problems taking out heavy armor as the Rockets were not doing correct damage.

Bugfixes and improvements
    Updated EAC SDK
    Complete rewrite of freelook to fix it not replicating on deployables and improve performance
    Fixed vehicles sometimes taking reduced damage from rockets
    Fixed occasional invisible gun on revive
    Fixed one hand getting detached in the 1p animation doing funny things
    Increased rotation acceleration and maximum rotation speed on 3p soldier animations
    Fixed bandaging not detecting other soldiers reliably
    Fixed bandaging animation not cancelling when moving away from the soldier that's being bandaged
    Set Medic's field dressings to be 25% faster to apply compared to any other role
    Fixed crouch-sprinting not having correct stamina cost
    Guns no longer get forced-lowered when very close to an enemy
    Fixed an issue with reloads having to be done multiple times
    Fixed rocket backblasts being too wide
    Fixed nametags disapperaing on prone lean
    Made nametags more transparant when aiming directly at them. The enemy won't be able to hide behind a nametag anymore
    Fixed an issue where enemy players could cap a neutral flag for your team
    Fixed inconsistent behavior when right clicking in the Squad-Leader's Fire Support sub-menu and enemy markers sub-menu
    Fixed invite list not being scrol-lable so it could not be collapsed when a lot of players were unassigned
    Fixed an exploit that allowed squad members to take more limited role kits than allowed
    Fixed part of the player's body showing above him on incapacitation
    Fixed MAT-V open top turret not blocking projectiles
    Removed one BTR-82A from Narva AAS v1,v2 and v3
    Removed two Strykers and replaced one BTR-82A with one BTR-80 on Kohat AAS v2
    Fixed a RUS transport on Gorodok Invasion v1 spawning half way into the map
    Fixed Narva AASv2 Old Barracks flag capture zone preventing leaning
    Blocked windows of a wip building on Narva that players could glitch into since climbing was introduced
    Fixed Mestia Tunnels dynamic shadow-casting light sources causing performance issues on AMD GPUs
    Removed attack markers on Invasion ruleset
    Fixed a bug that prevented un-muting a muted player
    Fixed logistics technical showing 2000 as ammo/construction point capacity
    Toggle lean status now gets cancelled on sprint so the player doesn't start leaning again by himself when stopping the sprint
    Fixed a rare bug where a player would be able to move at very high speeds after using a bipod
    Fixed a rare bug where players would launch into space after using bipods
    Fixed a bounds issue on the SPG-9 deployable making it invisible in 1p
    Fixed BTR's special blurred camo ability when ADS
    Minor tweaks on dozens of movement related animations

• Looks like a lot of major issues were squashed, awesome!

• Performance is still bad sadly, and apparently got worse in V10 for many.

• @"SSgt. Veld" said:

Performance is still bad sadly, and apparently got worse in V10 for many.

Not sure what performance you're referring to. The game has never run better for me than it does in V10.

• AMD users still suffer from some performance issues, but that is to do with unreal 4 not the game itself. I also have much better performance since the release of V10.

• Guns no longer get forced-lowered when very close to an enemy

Could probably be abused. I'd rather have them push out an update where you can disable force-lowering and set a bind to lower your gun.

• Squad discussion boards are lit with complaints about performance and fps drop. Guess this latest update has some issues it seems.

• Might as well link the monthly recap while i'm here, but i really just came here to point a thing from the small patch that rolled out the other day.

Squad kit roles that were being force-switched has been corrected. When squad members left a squad, kit roles were being force switched if the squad dropped below the min players for that kit requirement. This has been modified so that it will only force switch a player upon respawn. A less pervasive method to protect against players exploiting kit requirements has been implemented.

This also means that if you leave a squad now, you will keep your kit. Not like before when you became a recruit if you got kicked out the squad.

Other than that, here's the march update

• Squad is on sale now at -25% off.
    Until 23 APR 2018 at 12:00 EST

• Squad is now having a free weekend and is 50% off.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/Squad/

Also, the new update, V12, has just been released. Along with tanks, there are many other good changes to the game. Here is the list:

https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=317

I would recommend all of you who haven't played the game to give it a try (especially since it's free right now).