Guide to Level Up your Steam Profile

I've been faced with restricted Steam friends limit most of the time and I have to do some cleaning on people who I don't communicate that much on SF every now and then. Limited capacity on Steam Friends also prevents me accepting some incoming friends requests. So I decided to study how one can level up their Steam Profile (as one of the perks is added friends limit) so I wouldn't need to remove people only because I have to prioritize who to keep.

Luckily I found a nice guide about the perks, levels and everything involved in this process:

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212414540

So it's all about XP and gaining more XP to your profile. Here are some key points how to get more XP:

1) Buy games
2) Collect cards by playing the games (and trading) to complete card sets to craft badges
3) Participate in Steam Community Events and complete tasks/achievements there to earn badges
4) Each year of service in Steam will add XP

If there's someone more experienced about this, feel free to share your thoughts and tips!

Comments

• You could always put a bit of money in your steam wallet and buy trading cards from the Market.

• Yeah this is basically the point of it, also I have never added real money to my steam wallet but now I have 1.26 euros and am level 18 so no need to invest real money in it, just some time.

• If its really that big of a concern to you, spend 5 dollars buy cards for a badge set. The cards are 7 cents to 15 cents.

• Good points! Forgot to mention the obvious here; money can get you things faster :D

And it's not only about the friends count, also the tools to make own Steam Profile look more representing for the 29th which can be done by gaining enough levels and XP to obtain multiple showcase boxes to your profile. With level 10 you get 1, with level 20 you get 2 and so on... and on those boxes you can select what to show to the players viewing your profile; for example for now I've picked Cpl. Veld's amazing beginner tips video to be out there for the public: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tman29th/