Star Wars Battlefront

2»

Comments

• That right there is me being an alpha tester!!

• How did you manage that?

• I've been an alpha and beta tester for Origin since Battlefield 3....by filling out some forms...way back when...I forgot how I did it...it was a long time ago. As for the game. I have a report...

Pros:
    Gameplay is definitely a lot of fun. Playing with my snow speeders and my imperial walkers have been kick ass and so much fun. The Star Wars Nostalgia is there. The music, the sound effects match everything and I do enjoy it. There's a lot of fun with vehicles. I find that to really be the bulk of the fun. The teams turned out to be incredibly balanced. The vehicles are very well balanced so there's no unfair advantage. I used to be an Imperial player all the time for the other battlefront games...but this game...Im digging the Rebels.

The Cons:
    It's only in Alpha Stages. My task manager said the game was using over 2 million K of Memory. My teamspeak wont function because of that. Lots of computer lag trying to minimize it but the game does not lag at all for me.

Final Analysis: I wouldn't buy another COD and Battlefield, Im iffy about but I'd buy this game.

• but is it a star wars battlefront game.

• So I wasn't going to buy this game, but my Ex bought it for me, before she was my ex. So for anyone who gets it, I'll have it :D

• @PFC Stear said:
    So I wasn't going to buy this game, but my Ex bought it for me, before she was my ex. So for anyone who gets it, I'll have it :D

Hence why she is you're ex now, right ;P

• The beta starts soon. I'll be playing it if my computer can even run it on low graphics.

• edited October 2015

This beta footage looks amazing:

And i started up Origin to see if i have the beta and it seems i do! Can preload it already and becomes available tomorrow!

• In my opinion, this game has the potential to be a great game if they remove the cards system, unlock system, and add a class system. The only thing Battlefront about this game is the name.

Unfortunately, EA seems to think progression systems are the way to go, which I wholeheartedly disagree with and wish death upon(the progression systems, not EA, I really despise progression systems, which is why I hate RO2.). There's singleplayer, but that's not available(well, technically it is, but it's only one mission.). It's basically a Star Wars reskin of Battlefield 3/4, a game which I loathe.

All-in-all, it's a potentially great game, but the way they went about doing it(Battlefield 3-style gameplay, Star Wars models and textures.) basically killed it.

• Beta for pc i got to play today, it's once again a crappy beta build (Squad is in Alpha and works better). High CPU load, crackling sound that comes around that i have seen pop his ugly head since Battlefield Bad Company 2 on pc. And the Empire always wins. I hate unlock systems and of course you even have to unlock grenades when you start. :S

• @Cpl. in 't Veld said:
    Beta for pc i got to play today, it's once again a crappy beta build (Squad is in Alpha and works better). High CPU load, crackling sound that comes around that i have seen pop his ugly head since Battlefield Bad Company 2 on pc. And the Empire always wins. I hate unlock systems and of course you even have to unlock grenades when you start. :S

We'll see if they get it into their heads that Battlefront players don't want this at all.

I doubt it will be a good game. Might as well play Battlefield 4, which is basically this but without the Star Wars reskin.

• Do you have to use origin?

If you do that is a deal breaker for me.

• You do D: To me, it looks great, but plays to battlefield.

• edited October 2015

So far the beta has not sold me to buy it, i already got sick of it after 3 days. Could be mostly because of the only map on Walker Assault (i never cared for the other mode, that basically is a king of the hill mode). Maybe when the full game is released and we will see what more maps we will get and how the release build works i will consider it.

• Those times I played it(on Xbox) I got tired of it after a round or two. The only thing which kept me playing it the beta through was that it was Starwars and I got the feeling of Starwars playing it.

• Yeah hasnt been very fun IMO.

• A lot of people have been saying this game is fun. It's really not. All they did was port the gameplay from BF3/BF4, slap Star Wars models and textures on it, and called it Star Wars Battlefront.

• I had fun playing the beta...

• edited October 2015

I did enjoy playing this game but it has issues. Walker assault is unbalanced. I had feeling that the rebel spawn is much further away from the beacon than the empires one and the spawns were so bad sometimes.

Health regenerates too fast and blaster don't do enough damage. Blaster also overheat too fast.

I din't like that you had unlimited grenades. Din't like that you had protection shield which you can activate anytime you want and almost everyone having jump pack annoyed me.

The game is fun to play and enjoyable but knowing what this could have been (whit it's missing content and features) makes me sad.

• What could have been...

• @2Lt. Bergstrom said:
    What could have been...

Okay... I'm utterly heartbroken...

• I remember a few years ago to see a some tiny bit of footage being leaked of Battlefront 3 and than it got cancelled.

• edited October 2015

@PFC Schraff, now you understand our angst. Lucasarts failed us and died, only to be sold out to Disney, EA, and Dice. The leaders of producing games that are absolute crap with missing pieces that are sold as DLC. Already rumors that Clone Wars will be put out there as DLC. I mean, Dice could have done an easy conquest mode, the staple of Star Wars battlefront series and they can't even do that. Yet this game will be heralded by critics as GOTY and it'll make $$$. Good thing I have a hard copy of the glorious first game.

• edited April 2016

I have this game :) but yes , like this game it woulded be amazing....or just improve battlefront 2 :(