Warhammer: Total War

enter image description here

As anyone who is a fan of a Total War game and fantasy Warhammer or maybe 40K in general, this upcoming game is probably going to grab your attention. It's been rumoured for years and I remember first hearing about it college since I started my course but myself and all of my mates thought it was just good too good to be true since we've seen what the board game is like, units have their specific rules and there are huge units from giants to dragons with nobles riding on the backs of huge plated up griffons.

Some of the main races that'll definitely be in the game will be the Empire; human foot soldiers led by nobles with secondary lines of gunpowder units from musketeers to the odd cannons and a few steam tanks with some possible wizard support.
Orkz: Huge greenskin creatures that relish on fighting and apparently they have a whole mix of races blended in to their ranks from the lowly goblins that rely on sneaky flanks and retreat at the first sight of danger, to the common foot orc armed with the simple home-made weapon and shield and behind them or amidst their ranks will be huge giants that can grab smaller units and toss them around, bite their heads off and generally cause a huge amounts of mayhem.
Chaos will be in the game as the trailer shows but not enough detail has been given in about them yet.
Elves/Dark Elves may be in the game but it wouldn't be completely Warhammer Fantasy if they weren't; no information has been heard of at this time. If it has, anyone who knows may dish out what they know.
Vampire counts, this'll be the most interesting of all the factions since they have a mix of undead and vampire warriors with some rather disgusting creatures for support.

Magic will be included in the game and apparently the amount of magic the players will be able to use or how effectively they can be used will vary from battle to battle. Magic can be used to buff a unit or saved up during the course of the fight to cast some very large spells that could go awry.

Here are a couple of videos or trailers leaking to the game itself with a few screenshots mixed in:

Cinematic Teaser Trailer:

Interview with the devs from TheXPGamers:

Interview with the devs from AngryJoeShow:

Comments

• We want Total war: Medieval III!

• The first in-engine trailer looks amazing. Can't wait! I just hope it will take place in the old world, not in the Age of Sigmar...

• I agree with Junilla here, I'm not too fond of Creative Assembly going out of the books of history and into Fantasy - It reminds me a bit of how Gearbox Studios went from the historical story of Matt Baker and abused the Title a bit and tried to create "Brothers in Arms: Furious 4" and how we still haven't gotten the sequel to Brothers in Arms the fanbase deserves :/

Anyways, I hope they make the game good and don't end up abandoning it. I never really got into the Warhammer universe now that I think of it. Maybe it's time to get into it...

• Anyone got any beef, criticism, positives or just outright love for things this game has brought out that anyone wants to give a gander at? Just for those that are still skeptical about it at the moment.

I must admit I'm still getting the swing of things but so far I've already downloaded a mod or two for the game when it was released because the heroes were absurdly big in comparison to the normal units to try and make them stand out. The siege battles are quite fluid now that they've made the walls a hell of a lot bigger. And all the maps, scenery is absolutely gorgeous even if you won't have much time to admire it at first when the battles kick in.

• Game is awesome, battle is awesome
    Now the charge mechanism has been totally revamped I'm spamming Reiksguard

• I am playing Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times, and it is amazing.

• edited May 2016

Wanted to give that a go but I tried the Rome 1 version instead. It was very fun playing as the Border Princes... javelin spam.

And for those of you wondering, the games work very well. I have not found any bugs in the time I've played the game and people have actually said the game works better than Atilla. And the factions work SLIGHTLY different from one to the next but the skill trees for all heroes are pretty much the same but fancier name for units.

Empire relies on a hierarchy tree for lords that you hire and as they gain experience they go further up. Whatever lord you put in a slot provides bonuses for your faction. Mobs of humans and their tech tree relies on what buildings you make.

Dwarves are given a book of grudges that you must complete to get rewards. These are gained from people doing violent, agent or simply annoying things to your faction and if too many grudges build up you'll have an unhappy population.

Vampire Count units do not rout. Instead they are "binded" and will keep on fighting until they lose morale and they'll slowly drop one by one. They also cause fear so it makes them very hard to fight and I've had the joy of going in blind against them one time. Never again. Go in full force when you face these dudes.

Orkz I've yet to play and same for Chaos, which requires DLC in which I have.

• Chaos is pretty much brute force, hit them with everything you've got
    They can be hard to master, especially with their model of economy. They are best played as the motto of Warhammer "Maim! Kill! Burn!"