The Rocket League!

Comments

• Any day open for people besides Wednesdays? Or perhaps a 9 PM start time?

• I'm happy with Wednesday at 9pm EST, and Monday was mentioned in teamspeak, which is also open for me.

• I get home a little before 9 on both Mondays and Wednesdays.

• edited September 2015

Any players in AP2 will be unable to make Wednesday matches at that time due to drill.

So Stear...

• Monday at 9 seems like a good fit then?

• edited September 2015

Wednesday's and Thursday's I have drills for the 29th at 8pm. So those won't work for me. I could do a match before or after drills no problem. But 29th is always first

I'm good Monday thru Friday after 6pm till midnight. Except for my drill times. And I'm usually around most days Saturday and Sunday.

• Monday at 9pm is looking good for sure.

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

(mods can delete this: see post below)

• edited September 2015

Monday isn't the 9th

• Thanks for catching that! I just copy/pasted my previous post and forgot to change it.

• is it possible to move the time up or back for Royal Jovian ? Typically this time and date will not be an issue for me but tomorrow night I have a fantasy football draft that begins at the same time.

• If someone can't make it his spot will be filled by a tard AI

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

How long is this draft? It wouldn't add that much time if we delayed the four Royal Jovian matches until 9:30pm. For example:

approx. 9:00

Moon Palace v Neo-Coventryshire / private match name: mpnc
    Oort Cloud City v Mars Rocket Club / private match name: occmrc

approx. 9:10

Moon Palace v Oort Cloud City / private match name: mpocc
    Neo-Coventryshire v Mars Rocket Club / private match name: ncmrc

approx. 9:20

Neo-Coventryshire v Oort Cloud City / private match name: ncocc
    Mars Rocket Club v Moon Palace / private match name: mrcmp

approx. 9:30

Moon Palace v Royal Jovian / private match name: mprj
    (Oort Cloud City, Neo-Coventryshire, & Mars Rocket Club rests)

approx. 9:40

Oort Cloud City v Royal Jovian / private match name: occrj
    (Neo-Coventryshire & Mars Rocket Club rest)

approx. 9:50

Royal Jovian v Neo-Coventryshire / private match name: rjnc
    (Mars Rocket Club rests)

approx. 10:00

Royal Jovian v Mars Rocket Club / private match name: rjmrc

• I'd really like to join you guys, but I don't think I can make those times :(

• Thus far I have had no way to contact Giruvagen, the third player on my team. Does anyone know if they will be attending the matches tonight?

• PM sent.

• PFC Peroni: There's a chance a team will need substitutes in the next matchday. Watch this thread.

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

MATCHDAY 1 UPDATE

Emergencies: I'll be checking the forums before 9pm EST, but if you need something you can contact "Trv" on Steam (you can find me via Berg's Steam friends list).

9:00pm EST (20:00), Monday, September 7th

Teams on the left are blue, teams on the right are orange. The blue captain should create a private match. Nobody pick a team until everyone has joined. Picking teams seems to start the match. The last player to enter should be the orange captain, and when their name shows up: everyone pick a team. After the match, don't leave right away or else the screenshot won't capture proof of your awesome hat-trick.

The image below shows the setup for the first leg of the league stage. For this example, the teams are Neo-Coventryshire and Oort Cloud City.

enter image description here

STADIUMS: Beckwith Park in the day or night (first leg of league stage), Mannfield in the day (second leg of league stage), and then DFH Stadium (cup stage).

PLAY SCHEDULE (All times are EST. There could be overtime or technical difficulties.)

approx. 9:00

Moon Palace v Neo-Coventryshire / private match name: mpnc
    Oort Cloud City v Mars Rocket Club / private match name: occmrc

approx. 9:10

Moon Palace v Oort Cloud City / private match name: mpocc
    Neo-Coventryshire v Mars Rocket Club / private match name: ncmrc

approx. 9:20

Neo-Coventryshire v Oort Cloud City / private match name: ncocc
    Mars Rocket Club v Moon Palace / private match name: mrcmp

approx. 9:30

Moon Palace v Royal Jovian / private match name: mprj
    (Oort Cloud City, Neo-Coventryshire, & Mars Rocket Club rests)

approx. 9:40

Oort Cloud City v Royal Jovian / private match name: occrj
    (Neo-Coventryshire & Mars Rocket Club rest)

approx. 9:50

Royal Jovian v Neo-Coventryshire / private match name: rjnc
    (Mars Rocket Club rests)

approx. 10:00

Royal Jovian v Mars Rocket Club / private match name: rjmrc

• OCCvsMRC is live

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

Thank you everyone for your patience! Special thanks to Cpl. Rogers for turning into a human radio when we learned there's a limit of two spectators.

LEAGUE STAGE: 1ST LEG RESULTS (SO FAR)

Points (goal difference)

3 (+5) Royal Jovian
    2 (-1) Moon Palace
    1 (-1) Oort Cloud City
    0 (-3) Neo-Coventryshire

RJ, MP, OCC, and NC can still win an additional 3 points. (For the second leg, each team will play each other again.)

In the league standings, tiebreakers are decided by goal difference. This determines seeding for the final knock-out cup stage (which includes all four teams).

MEANWHILE:
    1. Send me your screenshots, please and thank you. (So we know goal difference, etc.)
    2. Are we good with next Monday the 14th at 9pm EST?

• Update: Mars Rocket Club has withdrawn. Theoretically there's still time for three people to form a fifth team and join us by next week, if anyone's late to the party. I've mapped out the match schedule for all variations.

• Unluckily I can't reliably make EST times, but if any of you wants to team up and play just add me on steam

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

INDIVIDUAL RECORDS (SO FAR)

For now I'm just listing people who've got 2 or more.

MVPs
    2 Conrad

GOALS
    4 Conrad (from 7 shots)
    2 Berg (from 2 shots)
    2 Rogers (from 3 shots)
    2 Balzer (from 3 shots)
    2 Wheatley (from 4 shots)
    2 Stear (from 6 shots)

ASSISTS
    2 Scriz
    2 Frank

SAVES
    8 Trv
    3 Phariss
    2 Scriz
    2 Wheatley

• LTC Wheatley got 2 MVPs, no? And are these just records for single games? (with the exception of MVP)

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

The full MVP count so far is 2 for you, 1 for Lt. Col. Wheatley, 1 for Pvt. Scriz, 1 for myself.

I'm still waiting for the screenshot from the Neo-Coventryshire vs Royal Jovian match, but here are screenshots from the other five matches (in no particular order).

One of the screenshots (Oort Cloud City vs Royal Jovian) doesn't have the MVP symbol, because I took the screenshot before the symbol popped up. It's the first time I've seen MVP go to someone based solely on shots, clears, and centers. Maybe you played mostly midfield?

• Lots of centers. The missing MVP was Giruvagen in RJ's first game. I don't think any of us got a screen shot.

• MATCHDAY 2

The second leg of the league stage! Meet in the Glorious Army teamspeak.

We can use parties to make matches, since we have no PS4 players or spectators. All matches are played at Mannfield (DFH Stadium next week), 3v3, all-star bots.

SCHEDULE (blue v orange)

9:00 pm EST

Neo-Coventryshire v Oort Cloud City
    Royal Jovian v Moon Palace

9:10 pm EST

Royal Jovian v Oort Cloud City
    Neo-Coventryshire v Moon Palace

9:20 pm EST

Oort Cloud City v Moon Palace
    Neo-Coventryshire v Royal Jovian

• NC is blue team for all 3 matches. Was this intentional?

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

Yup. It's a reversal of last week's. (Similarly, Moon Palace was all blue last week, but now they're all orange.)

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

Thanks everyone for participating! Congratulations to Royal Jovian for winning the league stage. They were reduced to a single player, but quickly found two substitutes, which has allowed us to test out the substitution rules. (Note that Royal Jovian worked within the rules posted on September 3rd.) But the first season is a test-run. Having 66% of your team absent should pose more of a challenge. In the future, I propose a limit of one human substitute per team, and if we do more seasons we should have substitute lists to draw upon. (Feel free to discuss! If there's a dispute, we'll vote.) Berg's also suggested we have more league matches in the future, which I agree with (we were thrown off by losing our fifth team).

LEAGUE RESULTS

6 Royal Jovian
    3 Moon Palace
    2 Neo-Coventryshire
    1 Oort Cloud City

NEXT: CUP STAGE

Starting approx. 9pm EST next Monday, September 21st. First there's a best-of-three semifinal round...

Oort Cloud City (4th seed) vs Royal Jovian (1st seed)
    Neo-Coventryshire (3rd seed) vs Moon Palace (2nd seed)

...and then the winners play a best-of-three final for the cup. And then it's over!

(And people decide if they want to do another season, if we want a new format, a draft, if we want to shuffle teams, etc, etc.)

This discussion has been closed.