The Rocket League!

Comments

• I do like the list of "stand-by" substitutes to draw upon. And I'd be okay with a longer league.

• edited September 2015

Stand-bys for substitutes, longer league, more teams (if possible), more reliable attendance (looking at you Royal Jovian), Conrad isn't allowed to choose his own subs. You know, improvements...

Also, SSgt Frank is officially unable to make any games on Monday. We will either need to change the date of the finals or (oh god I'm going to say it) I can have one of my substitutes fill in for him on Monday.

• Let's decide on the final matchday. We'll pick the day that: 1) the most Super League players from the original rosters can attend, and 2) won't require more than one substitute per team.

Monday the 21st at 9pm EST is the current proposal. (If you are silent, this is your presumed preference!)

The most UK/sleep-friendly days Frank can attend are: Wednesdays after 7:30pm EST, Thursdays after 9pm EST, Friday nights, and Sundays before 9pm EST.

I, Trv, can attend: all of the above.

• I'm good with anytime Monday thru Friday after 6pm. Minus my drills posted earlier in the thread. Not completely reliable for weekends. But if I get at least a 24 hour heads up I should make anytime on weekends.

• I am available for all times where Frank has said he is available.

• I have a case of the Mondays on Mondays. So.

• Berg votes for Thursday night, as he just learned he can't attend tomorrow.

But unless we hear from lots of people in the next few hours, it looks like the majority can only play tomorrow (Monday) after 9pm EST.

• I can do Thursday

• (Thursday would be at 10pm EST, due to drills.)

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

So teamspeak gossip is that everyone has confirmed they're available for Thursday at 10pm EST except: Scriz (OCC), Giruvagen (RJ), Wheatley (MP), and... maybe Rogers (MP) but I can't recall now. I've messaged them all just to be sure of the final tally.

Monday has 10 people available, but missing 1 from NC and 1 from RJ.

Thursday currently only has 8-9 people. In fairness, we should have 11 people available before switching days at the last minute. We'll see what happens in the next few hours. (Proposal: If we do another season/competition, we'll have active confirmation for attendance. Also, more matches would also make absences less impactful.)

• I can do Thurs

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

I'm told we've also heard from Cpl Rogers.

Monday has 10 available, but short 1 from NC and 1 from RJ

Thursday has 10 available, but short 1 from OCC and 1 from RJ

If one more person declares availability for Thursday, we'll do Thursday instead of tonight. But we need to hear from someone by 5pm EST.

• Official! Matchday 3 starts at 10pm EST, Thursday, September 24th.

MATCHDAY 3 SCHEDULE (CUP STAGE)

10:00pm SEMI-FINALS (best-of-three)

Oort Cloud City (4th seed) vs Royal Jovian (1st seed)
    Moon Palace (2nd seed) vs Neo-Coventryshire (3rd seed)

10:30pm FINALS (best-of-three)

• Good luck to everyone tonight!

• TrvTrv
    edited September 2015

Congratulations to Royal Jovian for winning the cup and the league in our first season. The final was contested by Royal Jovian and Neo-Coventryshire, who were sitting bottom of the table after matchday 1, but improved their position week-by-week.

Thank you everyone for your patience and participation.

Stay tuned for stats and discussion of the second season.

• TrvTrv
    edited March 2016

ULTRA-COMPLETE PLAYER STATS: 1st SUPERLEAGUE SEASON

a.k.a. making-it-up-as-we-go-along-a-thon

All league and cup matches are included, minus the very first NC-RJ game. Substitutes are noted by an asterix. Quenching my stats thirst will also help even out the teams for a longer second season. (Stay tuned.)

AWARDS
    Cosmic Super Car: Conrad with 4 mvps
    Golden Wheel: Conrad with 15 goals
    Golden Mirror: Conrad with 9 assists
    Golden Wings: Phariss with 25 saves (24 recorded, but actual number higher)

MVP:
    4 Conrad (RJ)
    3 Wheatley (MP)
    2 Berg (NC)
    2 Giruvagen (RJ)
    2 Phariss (NC)
    2 *Peroni (RJ)
    1 Scriz (OCC)
    1 Trv (MP)
    1 *Kartov (RJ)

GOALS (SHOTS)
    15 (38) Conrad (RJ)
    12 (25) Giruvagen (RJ)
    8 (11) Balzer (NC)
    6 (18) Wheatley (MP)
    6 (9) *Peroni (RJ)
    5 (14) Berg (NC)
    3 (12) Rogers (MP)
    3 (10) Stear (OCC)
    3 (9) *Moonbot (MP)
    3 (7) *Kartov (RJ)
    2 (10) Scriz (OCC)
    2 (4) Phariss (NC)
    2 (3) Trv (MP)
    1 (5) Zim (OCC)
    1 (4) Frank (RJ)

ASSISTS
    9 Conrad (RJ)
    5 Berg (NC)
    5 Giruvagen (RJ)
    3 Scriz (OCC)
    2 Wheatley (MP)
    2 Rogers (MP)
    2 Frank (RJ)
    2 Phariss (NC)
    2 *Kartov (RJ)
    1 Balzer (NC)
    1 Trv (MP)
    1 Stear (OCC)
    1 *Peroni (RJ)
    1 *Moonbot (MP)

SAVES
    25 Phariss (NC)
    24 Trv (MP)
    6 Berg (NC)
    5 Scriz (OCC)
    4 Wheatley (MP)
    3 Zim (OCC)
    2 Balzer (NC)
    2 Frank (RJ)
    2 *Peroni (RJ)
    1 Giruvagen (RJ)
    1 Conrad (RJ)
    1 Stear (OCC)
    1 *Kartov (RJ)

TEAM STATS
    goals (shots) - assists - saves

RJ 37 (83) - 19 - 7
    NC 15 (29) - 8 - 32
    OCC 6 (25) - 4 - 9
    MP 14 (42) - 6 - 28

AVERAGE PING
    greens: Frank, Berg, Trv, Wheatley, Scriz, Stear
    low yellows: Conrad, Kartov, Balzer's low range
    high yellows: Giruvagen, Phariss, Balzer's high range
    red-oranges: Peroni, Rogers, Zim

• Let's get hyped for a second season. I propose we get started sometime between October 19th and 25th.

Two things:

1) Can we agree on a regular day of the week? (We'll do more matches this time, so missing a day won't be as big a deal.)

2) Fielding five (or more) teams would be amazing, so please invite more players. If you're not interested in continuing, let us know.

(Team rosters will be sorted out later.)

• I'm still here! Pretty much any day will work with me. After around 6-7pm EST.

• I'd be interested. I'll be gone the entire first week of November though.

• I'd be happy to join if the matches are going to be played around 5 pm EST. Otherwise, I can't join.

• Sorry for the lack of leaguing y'all. My will-to-organize has gone into hibernation with the cold Canadian weather. For now.

• Its all good mate, would love to see it started back up tho!

• Clubbing seals were you?

• I tried to challenge T/4 Phariss to a 1v1.... didn't end up well for me :(

• Good against console jockeys is one thing - good against the living? That's something else...

• TrvTrv
    edited March 2016

ROCKET SUPERLIGA: 2nd season sign-ups

It's happening! (Fellow cars, your patience moves me.) Let's try to start in late March or early April. All 29th members and friends are welcome. Teamspeak/PC/boost required. (Forum registration is public. They should've stopped me.)

Want to participate? Please PM me or reply here.

Players from the 1st season: Let us know what times/days of the week you're usually available. (Sorry to those who already replied.)

New players, please include:
    - times and days when you can usually play
    - ping colour (green, yellow, orange, etc.)
    - player level (rookie, semi-pro, pro, veteran, etc.)
    - best ranked division (Challenger I, Bronze III, etc.)

If you end up unable to commit, we're also building a substitutes list.

(We're balancing teams based on ping and experience.)

League format:
    - 3v3, Beckwith/Mannfield/DFH, normal weather
    - round-robin, playing each side at least 3 times, 1 point per win (goal difference is tiebreaker)

Cup format:
    - 3v3, home advantage (bizarro custom settings determined by the higher seed)
    - knock-out tournament, seeding determined by league placing

I'm thinking upwards of 7-8 matchdays (we can play several matches in an hour). Last time we had 4 teams. We can do 2v2 if our numbers are low, but this game's gotten popular, so hopefully we can get a big competition going.

Once we get the ball rolling (ha ha) we can talk about forming teams, substitute lists, cross-season rewards, etc.

p.s. Maybe it'd be handy to make a new topic when we launch, so I can edit the first post.

• Im totally in for this! as of right now I don't have a job and am available anytime other than Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursdays at 9pm to 10pm Due to drills. Other than that I'll be around and ready to play :D
    pretty sure I'm green ping, PRO level, and best ranked division I'll update next time I'm in game and look at it.

Looking forward to this new Tourny!!!

• I'm in. No Wednesday or Sunday because of drills. We're probably going to be looking at Saturday because of various drill things.

This discussion has been closed.