Planetsaturday! (29th Planetside 2 event)

enter image description here

Planetsaturday event!

We are looking to expand our outfit within Planetside 2 and we need numbers! The more the merrier!

Every Saturday at 10:00PM GMT (5:00PM EST) we will have a squad going on Planetside for however long we can. The more boots on the ground we can get the more fun we will have, so if you want to drive, shoot, fly or knife your way across whole continents BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!

Server: Emerald (US East)
Faction: New Conglomerate (The Blue guys)
Outfit name: 29th (Tag: 29NC)

For those of you unfamiliar with PS2, it is a MMOFPS (Massive Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter) which boasts persistent warfare over four continents with differing climates and environments. There are crew operated vehicles and aircraft and excellent squad oriented battles with three major factions.

Planetside 2 is a Free-to-play game which does not have pay-to-win elements, everything you can buy can be unlocked through progression (With the exception of cosmetic unlocks).

We already have a small community that we are looking to expand on, enlist today and fight for the 29th on Auraxis!

Planeside 2 is available free through Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/218230/

If this becomes really popular we will definitely make this a regular event, so tell your friends!

Edit The first event went so well we will now be running it every Saturday. There is still a chance to join and anyone can jump in at any time, not just Saturday!

Comments

• hehe, this is awesome :)

• So we going red? Yeah? Yeah? Aw, blues... And will there be any specific 29th Teamspeak channel made for this event?

• @PFC Tyson We could use Squad channel rooms if we needed admin or just use a public room. If we get loads of people we may be able to ask for a temporary room to be set up.

• I'ma definitely be down for this.

• We are blue because blue and grey duhh. ;)

It is alot of fun playing as a group and with planetside 2 it literaly is more the merrier. The more people you have the more stuff we can do by ourselves.

• I'll be there!!

• At this rate I better start getting it installed and updated again. I'd advise others to do the same if you haven't already!

• I'll be home a little after this so if anyone is still playing, hit me up!

• So far we got 12 people on! We've gotten our outfit up to around 20 members now. If anyone else is interested just let us know!

• Great night tonight, we managed to get a full squad and we captured some bases and got our tags out in the open!

• will this be happening again?

• @PFC Jenkins Given the large turnout last-night and the potential for more participants, we will be running this every Saturday at the same time for the foreseeable future!

• Couldn't make it last night or the next Saturday. Working both long shifts. :(

• I will definitely play again on saturdays, if I'm free. It was a lot of fun and I am sure that we will be able to dominate once we get a good flow. However, I had some problems:

1. I couldn't see who was talking on TS. Is there an overlay that works with PS2 that I could use?

2. It can be hard to tell who is who (and, as a medic, who needs a heal/revive) since most of us use nicknames instead of rank and surname. Should we pin a list of nicknames in the thread? Does anyone have a better solution?

Anyway, great fun! I hope I can make it next week!

• To at least answer question 1, use Overwolf for Team Speak. I was able to get names to pop up while playing.

• The only way I can think of to make things easier for comms is to have people use a similar name to their TS names e.g. mine is Poshwood29. That would mean recreating characters with new names which some people will naturally be hesitant to do.

We may find a better system with more practice at the game but for now as Cpl. Fritz suggested, try Overwolf.

• PlanetSaturday is running again this weekend, same time and same place!

Once more unto the breach!

• I'll be coming in late, 6:30ish. I hope some of you will still be on!

• Game update 36 is out today, make sure you are updated and ready to play by Saturday!

Apprx. 600MB download.

• I would love to participate once I'm back! Hoping there are still people playing.

• It has been a while since we last ran one, but if interest flairs up again I would be more than happy to get it running again!

• Would be nice.
    Let me know in time when you are organising this again, Corporal!
    So I can get to the reinstall button in time!

• edited January 2016

When we had this running we had a steady but small group of people, I will spread the word and see if I can get that group together again!

We can run at the previous time or if anyone has other time preferences I am always open to suggestions.

• Yes, yes, triple yes!

• I'd be down to give it a shot again. I can probably get a few squad mates interested as well.

• @PFC Dunford,@SSgt. Vandewalle,@PFC Verbruggen,@PFC Stear. I might not be able to run tonight as I am out, however, if you are up for it we can do same time Sunday (31/01/16). That time should fit in-between everyones drills and can be a good warm-up/introduction to the event.

• Sunday 22:00 GMT is fine for me

• Ah, those times. I won't be able to make that.

• It isn't an issue if you can't make this weekend, interest seems sufficient that I will start running them every weekend again. If anyone has suggestions for new times we could always start a PlanetFriday event or whatever!

• I'd be good for anytime on Friday and non drill times on Sunday.