Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Double Elimination 1V1 Tournament

Hello guys, recently I have got into the game Men of War: Assault Squad 2. I really enjoy it and that is why I would like to host a tournament open to all 29th members. The tournament will be a Double Elimination 1V1 tournament.
Format:
1st - Round Robin: You will play against anyone you want until 1/30/16. You will follow the rules and regulations below when you play. Just find someone that is online in the steam group and comment with the format below in the steam group after the match. Note: Both players will need to comment
You can only play someone 1 time only

2nd - Double Elimination Tournament: The tournament will start on 1/31/16. You will find your opponent when you are both online, and play them in a BO3. If you happen to lose a match, you can play your opponent in the loser bracket as soon as your are matched with someone.

Maps:
Winter Hills
Road
Farmstead
Crossroads
Red October
Trainyard
Frozen River

Round Robin:
-It can be BO1, BO3, or BO2 if there is connection issues you both host 1 game
-You will both decide on one of the pre-determined maps
-Whoever chooses the map, the other person chooses the faction

Rules:
1. Competitive mode only - default settings

1. Host of the game will be decided amongst you (you can get USA hosts). If there is disagreement a you must play the 2 match format where you both host each game. (Draw will be possible).

2. B03 or B01 can be agreed upon. If there is disagreement you must play the 2 match format where you both host each game. (Draw will be possible).

3. Nation selection - ONLY axis team vs allies team, you must choose an axis team and an allies team. If it is a B03 or 2 match format you have to swap being allied and axis at least once. If on the 3rd match there is a disagreement, you will have to use - http://cointossr.com

4. The side is your default nation’s side, you can only change if your opponent allows you.

5. Match deadlines – after the cut of date the scores will be tallied. Play most of your matches to have a good chance of making it through.

6. Spectators are okay if both players agree.

7. Bandwidth must be set on min at request.

8. You cannot avoid playing players on purpose. If challenged you must make an effort to play. Constant ignores will result in a instant loss with 0 points gained for that loss.

9. You can choose to forfeit a game on challenge and you will get the points for a loss. (speeds up the tournament)

Disputes

1. If there is a dispute, a screenshot will need to provide with some sort of date proof. Steam screenshots are fine, or you typing the date in the game with the results on screen.

2. Crashes, there is zero tolerance on this sorry. If you crash it’s up to the opponent to decide if it was on purpose and to forfeit that game for you.

Match Option:
Fog of War - On
Lock Units by Level - Off
Units - Competitive
Assault Zones Only

Reporting:
Both players need to comment in the steam group under the discussion "Tournament Round Robin Matches" for the Round Robin in the format below. There will be another discussion labeled "(Just copy and paste)

Winner: Put the Winner's name here
Loser: Put the Loser's name here
Format: BO1, BO2, BO3
Final Score: 2-1, 2-0, 1-1

EXAMPLE
Winner: PFC Bapple
Loser: Pvt Reichenba
Format: BO3
Final Score: 2-1

Prize:
The winner will have bragging rights over everyone that competed in the tournament. Anyone who wants can donate a game to the tournament that will be given to the winner of the tournament.

How do you get started?
Go to http://challonge.com/mowas29id, sign up, and enter in the tournament to get started. From there, you will be invited to a steam group for the tournament, so if you don't have me added on steam, be expecting an invite.

Dates:
Round Robin: 1/22/16 - 1/30/16
Tournament: 1/31/16 - 2/14/16

Sometime after the final match I will record the game and commentate it with one other 29th member and post it on Youtube.

Comment if you are going to sign up and I will add you to the steam group.

Thank you for checking this out
-Pvt. Reichenba

Comments

• I'm Signed up, this should be lots of fun! :)

• edited January 2016

Question, do we choose between what game type we do? Like Assault zones, Combat. etc..?

Also there is no winter stream map, Did you mean Cold stream?

Also, Fog of war rules and Lock units by level on or off?

• I am only assuming but, for fairness and just an even competition Fog of war will be on and level restrictions would be off. As for the game type I think it will be just Assault Zones, this is just me guessing though.

• Sgt. McDonough is right. Fog of war on, level restrictions off, assault zones only, and sorry about the map mix up. Instead of "Winter Stream" it is now going to be Road. I will add better clarification in the main post.

• Good luck and have fun guys! The Round Robin is now underway!

• Sorry Guys, I'm going to have to withdraw, this is a very busy week with Exams and I'm not able to make it to the matches.