Honorable Discharge (Sven S. Van Middel)

HONORABLE DISCHARGE

FROM THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

This is to certify that

Sven S. Van Middel     Sgt.     BP1S2

was Honorably Discharged from the

UNITED STATES ARMY

on the 26th day of February 2018. This certificate is awarded

as a testimonial of Honest and Faithful Service

ARPC-OPM-O

DATE: 26th of February 2018

MEMORANDUM FOR Commander,

U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Signature
Sven S. Van Middel
Name (Type or Print)
Sergeant Squad Leader Baker Company, First Platoon, Second Squad
Rank Position Platoon/Squad
Unfortunately our time in Darkest Hour is coming to an end and so has my time in the unit. After 7 years and 4 months in the unit with more then 6 years experience as a squad leader, almost 3000 hours in the game and the closure of Darkest Hour I have decided the time has come to leave as im unable to move over to another game at this current moment.

The amount of stories that could be told of the many amount of drills/scrims I took part in are litterly in the hundreds. From flipping tanks over, building human towers to clear a building, jumping out of windows, nothing was impossible. Shenanigans like these are something I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Members of BP1S2 and old BP2S2

Thank you all for the many adventures we shared and for keeping the great bunch that you are. You already won a brilliant reputation in the history books of the unit , with reaching the finals in DH and RO2 BBots (several times) and putting fear in the hearts of any opponent cause we were unpredictable. Time and time again we surprised friend and foe of our abilities not only in drills, but also in friendship, motivation, reliability and craziness. Many hilarious moments have been shared and will be remembered. Now that you guys are going to split up I wish you all the best in the future and I surely hope we stay in touch. It has been an honor to lead you guys into battle, anytime, anywhere.

29th

Thank you all to the guys who stayed to the very end of Darkest Hour and the ones who left earlier. The many stories wouldn't have been told without you. It was an honor to fight alongside you or as the opposition. I wish you all the luck in your future movements. With a special thanks to the members of BP2 and the old AP1. Not to forget the friendly rivalries that occured during the years. You know who you are! And last but not least the people who supported and helped me over the many years.

Many thanks to all!

The future is what you make it out to be so it could be that our paths will cross again. But for now I have to say "goodbye".

I end this message with the follwing question. "Since when does the fire burn?"

Good luck and thanks for the many adventures!

Sgt. Van Middel
Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved
Commander Signature
26th of February 2018
Date

Comments

• Huge loss for the unit.. hopefully in the future we will have even more stories to tell, until then take care Sgt.

• A name I knew when I left and a name I knew when I returned. Take care Sgt., you will be missed.

• Since when does fire burn... Don't stand on burning tanks :P It's been an honor serving in BP2 with you Sgt. Good luck and take care bud!

• edited February 26

I knew this day would come some day. Take care Sgt. Thank you for creating great memories out here. Good luck :). Hope to see you again sometime.

• Take care Sgt you will be deeply missed :(

• You were some kind of diabolically cunning SL, thanks for raising the bar on so many drills, Sgt van Middel!

• You may leave but the legend will never die.

• edited March 1

"Good luck and thanks for the many adventures!" to you as well and take care!

• Awwwww..... the days of team killing with shotguns and doing completely unpredictable things is at an end.
    It was an honour to serve and learning the ropes under you Sgt.
    Now get some more spare time and upgrade that potato of yours! ;)

• You were always a staple in Baker company from when I joined Baker in 2013 to when I left last year. Best of luck in life!

• Sad to see you go buddy, take care!