Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

Comments

• 3/10 Never got into that type of music doesn't float my boat

Dr. John - Such a night (The Last Waltz)

• 6/10 Nice

New Order - Leave Me Alone

• 6/10 Love the guitar tone and the drums, but there is too little low-end in the bass. Singer sounds like a discount Chris Martin (Coldplay). Overall it's decent, but not strong enough to end up on my playlist.

Kaizers Orchestra - "Aldri vodka, Violeta"
    Band from Norway (like me) and the song is sung entirely in Norwegian. Unless you are from Scandinavia you won't understand the language obviously, but that means you get to focus on the melody and the music. One thing I noticed is the influence from songs of Pink Floyd's The Wall.
    English translation of the lyrics: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Kaizers-Orchestra/Aldri-vodka-Violeta/translation/english

• 7/10

TVLKING HEVDS - This Must Be The Place (STOP MAKING SENSE)

• 7/10

Cold Specks - Elephant Head / Heavy Hands | A Take Away Show

• 4/10 i have not enjoyed this

(((haha who remembers this sick tune)))
    Dizzee Rascal & Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me

• edited June 2018

5/10

Shout Out Louds - Hard Rain (Heavyweight banga)

• edited June 2018

5/10
    Not my kind off music

gonna get shit on for country
    Luke Combs - When it rains it pours
    https://youtu.be/uXyxFMbqKYA

• 2/10 Country never floated my boat sadly

(I have to do another one by him)

Rory Gallagher - Do You Read Me

• 6.5/10 70s classic rock always works for me.

Within Temptation - Iron

• 8/10 I love Sharon den Adel and Within Temptation, some nice symphonic metal!

I recently got introduced to this band and I can't stop listening.
    Orden Ogan - Come with me to the other side feat. Liv Kristin (Leaves' Eyes)

• 5/10 Far from bad, just not my style.

The Beatles - "A Day in the Life" (one of their absolute best IMO)

• solid 7/10 not a big Beatles fan but they have earned their place in history

Frank Sinatra - One For My Baby

• Classic Frank Sinatra, smooth, soothing voice and beautiful instrumentation! However, at the time there were plenty of ballads like this so it doesn't gain points in originality. It's also the kind of song I need to be in the specific mood for. Perfect for relaxing and chillin' in the evening, but not so much outside of that for me personally. Overall I give it a strong 7/10.

Snarky Puppy - "Lingus"
    (Mike "the Music Snob", a.k.a. Become the Knight on YouTube gave this song +2 signs on his Song Suggestion Friday series which I suggested, which I feel good about. This super-talented band needs more public exposure, so here you go!)

• 7/10

Pathologic

• Dark, but at the same time it gets me pumped. Maybe not the kind of music I would actively listen to and put into my playlist, however I will still give it a high score of 9/10.
    Michael Giacchino - "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Main Theme"

nostalgia

• 10/10 Absolute classic!

Bobby Charles - I Must Be in a Good Place Now

• 2/10 not my style

so anyway, trippie dropped a fkin banger

Trippie Redd - How You Feel

• 5/10 (average) The song doesn't really go anywhere for me, but nice production for what they were going for.

Vulfpeck - "Welcome to Vulf Records"
    (Another super-talented band that needs more public exposure. Especially love the bass player! This is merely an introduction.)

• 6/10

The Cure - A Forest

• 8/10 Classic good song, nice.

James Brown - The Payback

• edited June 2018

Funky and in the pocket, but I miss more variation in the music. It repeats basically the same beat over and over for its 7 minutes. Overall: 6/10

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night!)"

• edited June 2018

2/10 not a fan of the genre

Night Lovell - Still Cold / Pathway Private

• 4/10
    One does not simply mix a piano, ecclesiastic organs and bloody rap

Uamee - Gop Stop

• edited June 2018

Obnoxious and repetitive beat. Glad it's no longer than 2 minutes. The synth melody at 0:47 is the OK part. At the 1 minute mark there's suddenly a random deep voice speaking. I can't figure out what he's saying. Maybe it's not supposed to make sense? Overall score: 2/10

Susanne Sundfør - "Fade Away" (She's a Norwegian artist. This genre is typically not my style, but I do like this specific song. Favorite part at 1:46.)

• edited June 2018

4/10 Meh not really my kind

A$AP Mob - Yamborghini High ft. Juicy J

• 6/10 Not the biggest fan of A$AP Mob

Here's one of my favorites, one of the best artists of our decade. If you haven't heard MBDTF, I can't recommend enough that you do, one of the best Hip Hop albums ever.

Kanye West - Lost In The World

• Man... F*** Auto-Tune! The vocals, especially during the intro, would be pretty nice to listen to if they actually sounded like humans. Instead they sound like broken robots. Then at the 1 minute mark this drum beat comes in and it feels totally out of place. In the second half they've added so many unnecessary vocal layers which gets progressively annoying to listen to. If I have some positive things to say, it would be that Kanye's rap flow is decent + the drums from 3:43 sounds cool. With that being said, it isn't enough to save this overproduced mess of a song. Trust me, I'm not trying to be this negative on purpose. Overall score: 1/10

Ole Børud - "Backyard Party" (Another Norwegian artist.)

• 4/10 I mean it's alright but other than having a good bassline it's just too poppy and not in a good way, it's just very underdeveloped to be totally honest.

Just to add too, that was the point of MBDTF, it was meant to be overproduced because that's how Kanye was living at the time, it's very autobiographical, and towards the end of the album he comes to terms with himself and accepts the life he's living and decides to do his own thing with it, instead of just living to please others. I totally see where you're coming from and if you don't like it you don't like it.

NAILS - Made to Make You Fail (Turn the volume down haha)

• 2/10

Bjarki – The Lover That You Are | трип