Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

Comments

• 5/10

Mica Levi - "Lee Harvey Oswald" (Jackie OST)

• edited August 2018

4/10 Alright but not a lot really happens, probably better as an entire piece.

Smut Peddlers - Medicated Minutes

• edited August 2018

Alright, I've said many times that hip-hop is not my thing, but this is actually pretty decent! Great beat, great flow! Besides, I'm a sucker for half-step movement chord progressions, meaning in this case it moves chromatically from Bb to B to C, back to B and so forth. This pattern is very similar to the James Bond main theme. The main difference is they added more accents on the third beat.
    Overall score: 7/10

Now for one of my all-time favorite songs. This is so beautiful! Especially the piano solo from 3:17. Never fails to give me goosebumps!

Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone"

• 6/10

The Stone Roses - Fools Gold

• 3/10 - Not my thing

James Gang - Walk Away

• 5/10 Pretty alright, not sure about all the little drum breaks. But yeah, listenable.

RHCP - Minor Thing

• edited August 2018

It's less funky and more straightforward than what I'm used to hear from Red Hot Chili Peppers, but still a decent song. I do prefer the funkier stuff overall like "Can't Stop", "Aeroplane", "Dark Necessities", etc.
    Overall score: 6/10

The Romantics - "Rock You Up"

• edited August 2018

6.5/10 - Not my sort of thing really, so it wont find its way into my playlist - but a nice tune nonetheless. Seems like something I'd find on a GTA V radio in Blaine County. But that's just an idea that came into my head.

Phil Collins + Philip Bailey - Easy Lover

• 10/10 Probably the best track from Bailey, and one of the best from Collins, one of my all time favourite tracks from the genre.

25,000 Kittens - 25,000 Kittens (Put the whole EP as it kinda is one long track, split into 2, and it wouldn't do it justice if I posted the one track)

• 7/10 - Weirdly, as far as songs from you go, it was very nice

David Byrne (of Talking Heads fame) - I Dance Like This

• I don't know how to feel about this. I am not fond of the tone of his voice here, that I know. The transitions between the different parts could have been smoother maybe.
    Overall score: 5/10

Btw PFC Ixer, "Easy Lover" is an excellent song! I planned on suggesting it, but you beat me to it.

Talk Talk - "It's My Life"
    (You may recognize the chorus. No Doubt made a popular cover version, but this is the original.)

• 5/10 Meh, the video is ok.

2Pac - Never had a friend like me

• edited August 2018

5/10

The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio

• 2/10

Kasabian - Comeback Kid

• 6/10 Alright, not a massive fan of Kasabian though

Skepta - No Security

• 5/10

LAVA - "The Rhythm of Love"
    (A Norwegian band playing American West Coast music. The influence from Toto is clear.)

• 7/10 Pretty decent but nothing special really, quite generic.

Limp Bizkit - Pollution (Not sure if I posted this before)

• I know he's supposed to sound angry, but I am not a fan of these vocals. The only thing I like is the instrumentation.
    Overall score: 4/10

Now it's finally appropriate to post this:

Earth, Wind & Fire - "September"

• 5/10

Der Kommissar

(Falco's rendition, the original, is a tad better but I can't take the music video seriously.)

• 6/10

Here's a festive one for ya's
    The Cure - Disintegration

• edited September 2018

4/10 - Too much of an oldie for me I think

• 3/10, All for this but not this.

£50 if you know the show and can name me the State which Dawn and Lee moved to before the Christmas Special.

• Such a cliché kind of ballad, but the way he sings it cracks me up! I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.
    Overall score: 5/10

LAVA - "The Ratter"

• 4/10

Thom Yorke - Ingenue

• Beautiful piano playing, however his tone of voice doesn't sound right to me in this musical context.

Kenny Loggins - "I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)"

• 2/10 Can't help but find it very cheesy and silly.

Lightnin' Hopkins - Woke up this morning

• 6/10, a little too slow to listen to alone, I'd have to be doing something to make the track itself more enjoyable.

Tool - Intolerance

• Super-talented band, but metal (even prog-metal) has never been my preferred type of music to listen to on a regular basis. With that being said, I still recognize that Tool makes good music.

Paul McCartney - "Maybe I'm Amazed"
    (Fun-fact: Paul plays every instrument on this track. His wife Linda is credited with backing vocals.)

• 6/10

U2 - All I Want Is You

• edited September 2018

Solid 8/10 - I love the way it ebbs and flows, building from little into a soundscape reminiscent of Wilco. I can see where they got that vibe now. ~5:40 (+/-2min) really reminds me of something off Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

So.. Before Yellowcard became an emo band, they were str8 nardcore skate-punk. This album (Where We Stand) was one of my favorite back in high school. I got so, so mad when they got that new singer. If you are into this era (mid-late 90's melodic/skate punk), check out the album "Midget Tossing" as well - it's basically their "Cheshire Cat".