Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

Comments

• 8/10 - I like Bob Seger

Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic

• This is a Latvian folkmetal group i love listening to, even though i agree that the vocals ar kind of hard to understand even for a native speaker, the message and history of their songs will get the blood pumping of anyone who takes a minute to appreciate them. So here i bring you Son of the mare.

• edited September 2018

9/10 Cpl., love Hendrix.
    6/10 Rec., seems like they could have done a fair amount but did nothing, pretty generic as far as Thrash goes but the Folk was a pretty nice addition.

Drake & Jay-Z - Pound Cake (00:00-04:10) (Also adding the little speech at the start is pretty ironic, now that Drake is the one making trash tracks that are incredibly forgettable. His new album, in my opinion, was pretty decent for the amount of wack tracks it had on it.)

• 6ix/10

Tears For Fears - Break It Down Again

• edited September 2018

Decent! There are some cool parts here, but not melodically strong enough for me to actively seek it out again, especially when compared to their big hit "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".
    Overall score: 6/10

Vulfpeck - "Beastly" (Live Bass Solo)

Joe Dart on the Fender bass!

• 8/10

Lil Peep & XXXTENTACION - Falling Down

RIP X, RIP Peep

• I just don't like the heavy use of vocal effects. It's unnecessary and the way it sounds here turns me off completely! The only thing that prevents me from giving the lowest score is how strong the bass feels.
    Overall score: 2/10

Pink Floyd - "Goodbye Blue Sky"
    (Although I do recommend listening to the whole album if you haven't yet.)

• 7/10 Something from you I liked which makes a change lol

xxxtentacion - FIND ME

• 3/10

The Blaze - She (just found this track and wanted to know what you guys thought about it)

• edited September 2018

It sounds nice (vocals and production), but the club beat is so generic and overused. Not for me personally.

Bigbang - "Wild Bird"

• 6.5/10 Not bad

The Antlers - The Universe Is Going To Catch You + The Carrying Arms

• edited September 2018

I really like the arrangement and the instrumental variations they put in. Makes it not boring to listen to. I'm just not sure if I'm gonna actively seek it out again or not.
    Overall score: 7/10

Bigbang - "Girl in Oslo"

• 8/10 reminds me of them Wallenstein the new order songs

Ode to S1 and Able

• 4/10 Not a big fan of Dylan, never striked me as anything special nowadays, but he may well have been in the 60s/70s

Jawbox - Savory

• 5/10

Josh Klinghoffer - Eye Opener

• Lots of reverb here. Not my kind of song, but it was pleasant enough.

More Norwegian-made music:

Bernhoft - "Stay with Me"

• Bernhoft is a sick one 8.5/10

Coming at ya with the cheesy, 80's goth pop.
    Pale Waves - Kiss

• edited September 2018

It is indeed very cheesy, but at the same time the melody is so catchy!

Toto - "Girl Goodbye"
    (I know it sounds very 80s for 1978.)

• 6/10

JOY DIVISION - NEW DAWN FADES

• 2/10

No Doubt - Spiderwebs

• 3/10 Eh although I like the genre, this song is pretty bad.

The Killers - Shot At The Night

• It's alright. Nothing particularly interesting about the melody or instrumentation, though.
    Overall score: 5/10

Glen Campbell - "Southern Nights"

• 4/10

The Sea Urchins - Sullen Eyes

• edited September 2018

I don't really like his voice, but it's a pleasant melody and instrumental.

Pink Floyd - "Lost for Words"
    (From the underrated The Division Bell album.)

• 3/10 - Not much a fan of PF, I like The Wall and Animals, but that's about it.

Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody

• edited September 2018

What a crooner! I can't listen to Dean Martin without thinking of Christmas. The only thing that prevents this from being a Christmas tune is the lyrical subject. Nice song either way.

Madrugada (ft. Ane Brun) - "Lift Me"

• 6/10

The Smiths - Girlfriend In A Coma

• edited October 2018

4/10 I've heard worse from them, probably one of the best of a bad bunch.

2Pac - Young N*ggaz

• Not my style, but I recognize 2Pac's talent as a rapper and writer. Nice production and perfect flow throughout!

Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Someday Never Comes"
    (The final song for Creedence before they broke up in 1972.)

Fogerty has stated that the song is about being left and not being able to learn much as a child.

"Someday Never Comes" is simply a song about my parents undergoing a divorce when I was a child and me not knowing many things. When my dad left me, he told me to be a man and someday I would understand everything. Now, I'm here basically repeating the same thing really. I had a son in 1966 and I went away when he was five years old or so and again told him "someday" he would understand everything. Really, all kids ask questions like "Daddy, when are we going fishing?" and parents always answer with "someday", but in reality someday never comes and kids never learn what they're supposed to learn. - John Fogerty 1973
    When I wrote this song, my life was pretty chaotic. I knew my marriage was going to break up. My band was falling apart. I was beginning to sense the darkness that was Fantasy Records. This song was inspired by my parents' divorce when I was a young boy and the effect it had on me. At the time, they told me, "Someday, you'll understand." The truth of this is that you never do and I found myself facing this as a parent. The irony was painful and inescapable. - John Fogerty, liner notes to "Wrote a Song for Everyone", Vanguard Records, 2013

• 7 - Not their best song, but that's just like, my opinion man.

St Vincent - Strangers