Elite Dangerous

1.2 is around the corner and with it a slew of news ships and multiplayer assets that will make flying together much easier!

I've been running a group of 12 or so under the name Purple Armada. At the moment I'm a Lord in Imperial space (Lord Zhark has a nice ring to it) and I'm flying an Asp kitted for bounty hunting/short haul freight. Next purchase will be a Fer de Lance or a Vulture.. not sure which will be cheaper/easier to outfit! Current assets are 21.3 million credits though so I've got some room to maneuver I think.

Here's some pics I snapped a while back and forgot to post!

Scooping fuel off a star..
enter image description here

Heading to a planetary ring to meet up with my Armada-mates

Playing some "follow the leader" through the belt.

Hunting some pirates

Comments

• A beautiful fan video from the recent community newsletter
    (Elite_Dangerous_Newsletter_65)

• Verdant - An Elite:Dangerous Video

• The new patch "Wings" has been released. This enables co-op play wherein up to 4 Commanders can link up and complete jobs and missions together and share in the rewards. It also enables voice comms, signal beacons and many more features.

Here's their trailer!

• Rushed video from my first Wing outing. It's fun. VERY fun.

• enter image description here

Just got this today. Very fun. Have no idea what to do, though. Right now I'm just flying around aimlessly.

• @PFC Gillespie said:

Just got this today. Very fun. Have no idea what to do, though. Right now I'm just flying around aimlessly.

Hit me up on Steam and I'll walk you through the basics! The "how-to" guide to making the money to get your first Cobra MkIII (after that you can pretty much do anything!).

• edited April 2015

T5 Phariss in his Cobra MkIII and I in my Vulture moving into a Resource Extraction Site to work over some pirate scum and claim some bounties - FOR THE EMPIRE!

• edited April 2015

I'm picking this up on the 20th of this month if you want someone to run with Berg, oh but you are working for the empire......:( I plan to work for the Federation

• @Gutsche said:
    I'm picking this up on the 20th of this month if you want someone to run with Berg, oh but you are working for the empire......:( I plan to work for the Federation

You will perish in flames in the name of the Emperor!

• edited April 2015

A short film, a compilation of time lapse imagery from the PC game Elite: Dangerous, featuring astronomical things... spinning, and stuff.

For those interested, most of the sequences were shot at a rate of 1 frame every 4 seconds, and for the longer sequences the recording went on for anything up to an hour.

• edited January 2019

• @T5 Elbayed said:

Applied.

Took me a bit; I've busy, sorry. :tired_face:
    Accepted.