Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

Comments

• meh/10 generic distortion pop punk to me, but at least they're saying something.

Close Your Eyes And Meow To Fluff - Meow The Jewels

• I r8 4/10

OH YEAH FROZEN KRABZ - Eugene H. Krabs

• 10/10 best song ive ever heard

• 8/10 - i like "you're an all star" by itself, and this sounds good as well.

Coming Home - Diddy

• no/10

Rob Scallon - A very little guitar

• 7/10 Pretty nice

Death - Lack Of Comprehension

• 8/10 a very well mixed composition, nice and funky.

• 7/10 - it was a pretty good song.

Sabaton - Resist and Bite

• edited October 2015

2/10 - Ruined a good scene from a great TV series. Definitely not my type of music, but I can understand why people would enjoy it. Sounded like a crappy Iron Maiden cover band.

Liquor and Adventurous Women - Bubbles

Might have to skip a little bit into the video to get to the beginning.

• 2/10 - Didn't find it funny, or even remotely listenable

Tame Impala - Love/Paranoia

• 10/10 love 'em

Just back from the polling station
    Carleton University Students' Association - I'm Gunna Vote (language)

• edited October 2015

5/10 - For a university parody it's not bad. My older bro goes to Carleton for law, so I guess I gotta give it a somewhat reasonable rate.

And here's a working link.

Paul Baribeau - Ten Things

• i liked it 8/10

Brand New - Sowing Season

• 7/10, not bad, but would have scored higher if it was a little less hard

Magtens Korridorer - Milan Allé
    Though it is in Danish I hope you still will enjoy it

• it was okay, 7/10

Agent Stereo - Thinking Of You

• 2/10 - just wasn't really feeling this one.

Seether - Out of My Way

• Lyrics that truly capture the struggle of the modern man. The line "I can’t pass up this opportunity to make myself absurd," resonated wonderfully when juxtaposed with the chorus of "Nobody’s gonna stand in my way". I felt the whole song really captured the learned stubbornness surrounding the societal pressures to fulfill traditional concepts of manhood through a nuanced dance of concepts and emotion. Though I enjoyed the early stanzas, it's when the writer realizes that no man is an island "Did you, want to, be the one who pushed me off the wall, Did you, want to, be the one who let me fall." that the true fragility of our everyman is revealed and his concern with his perception in the eyes of society is confessed. The listener moves from inspired witness, to private confessor, sharing in the writer's private moments in a fourth-wall breaking aside. Here we see that the facade of the writer as the hero, full of confidence and gusto, has begun to slip and crack. Indeed as is so often the case from those who claim strength so loudly ("thou doth protest too much"), the responsibility for "pushing" and for the eventual "fall" are offloaded onto the generalized "other" and the protagonist, perhaps crippled by a growing inadequacy, clings to the mantras of strength imposed on him by repetitively chanting "You can’t hold me down..". The return of the repeated chorus "Nobody’s gonna stand in my way Give it up son, I’m doin’ this my way" is a edifying conclusion, solidifying the argument that the idealized ubermensch is an unreachable and unknowable goal.

2/10

Hey Rosetta! & Yukon Gold - Land You Love

• 6/10 - I like the sound of this song but am confused as to what the overall message they are trying to give with the lyrics.

Sabaton - No Bullets

• @2Lt. Bergstrom said:
    Lyrics that truly capture the struggle of the modern man. The line "I can’t pass up this opportunity to make myself absurd," resonated wonderfully when juxtaposed with the chorus of "Nobody’s gonna stand in my way". I felt the whole song really captured the learned stubbornness surrounding the societal pressures to fulfill traditional concepts of manhood through a nuanced dance of concepts and emotion. Though I enjoyed the early stanzas, it's when the writer realizes that no man is an island "Did you, want to, be the one who pushed me off the wall, Did you, want to, be the one who let me fall." that the true fragility of our everyman is revealed and his concern with his perception in the eyes of society is confessed. The listener moves from inspired witness, to private confessor, sharing in the writer's private moments in a fourth-wall breaking aside. Here we see that the facade of the writer as the hero, full of confidence and gusto, has begun to slip and crack. Indeed as is so often the case from those who claim strength so loudly ("thou doth protest too much"), the responsibility for "pushing" and for the eventual "fall" are offloaded onto the generalized "other" and the protagonist, perhaps crippled by a growing inadequacy, clings to the mantras of strength imposed on him by repetitively chanting "You can’t hold me down..". The return of the repeated chorus "Nobody’s gonna stand in my way Give it up son, I’m doin’ this my way" is a edifying conclusion, solidifying the argument that the idealized ubermensch is an unreachable and unknowable goal.

I tend to not pay attention to all the lyrics of every song i hear sir, Which in this case you found the lyrics to be a bit controversial while i just liked the way the music sounded as i listened to it at the moment i put it up. So i did not exactly have a full understanding of the in depth details you have stated of those lyrics probably because i don't try to go that in depth and post what i am listening to at that moment. So i did not know of any meaning to the lyrics other than i liked the way the song sounded and put it up here because it was what was playing in my ears at that given point in time.

• "The enemies spotted, hurry up, rearm and refuel." I sure hope that by the time you've spotted the enemy you're refueled and rearmed! Overall I'll give it a 4/10, I don't like this type of music. It seems like all of these songs sound very similar to my ear but I'm sure if I spent enough time listening and appreciating them I'd change my opinion on that.

Also you're missing a ton from music if you aren't interpreting the lyrics! A whole world of semiology is waiting for you! I giggled when reading 2Lt.'s joke :P

Wingnut Dishwashers Union - Proudhon In Manhattan

• yup, good. 8/10

Jonathan Richman & Julia Sweeney - Just because i'm Irish

• edited October 2015

@PFC Jenkins oh I didn't find it controversial at all! Mine was more controversial than yours by far.

7/10 cute

Car Seat Headrest - "Times To Die"

• 9/10 Liked it a lot

Subhumans - Subvert City

• 11/10 for 40 seconds of solid static. 7/10 for the song itself.

AngelMaker - Godless

• 0/10 - i tend to take a bit of a disliking to most songs where without those lyrics in the video, I wouldn't have understood a word they were saying.

Otherwise - Soldiers

• 6/10 - Honestly not that bad but can you imagine the writing process to this song? I like a little more depth to the lyrics. Closer to the type of music I like than that heavy rock stuff :D

Paul Baribeau - Never Get to Know

• 3/10 - Is this a clip from Portlandia?

Craft Spells - Nausea

• 1/10 - ???

Skylar Grey - Coming Home

• 4/10 - Bit boring, uninteresting singer.

Big Mac Attack DeMarco - No Other Heart