EVE Online

With my new school schedule I find myself with a lot of time on my hands and a bit of money saved from not having to eat at the cafeteria, I decide to have a try at this game which I've been itchy to play for quite a while
What I want to ask is if it's worth it and/or pay-to-win? Is it grinding enough or too much?
Thanks a lot and hopefully with your input I'd have an account setup for this weekends

Comments

• No it's not pay to win in the slightest what gave you that idea?

And there is grinding in sense but be prepared to spend a long time making bumpkin change before having the skills to do the real money making stuff.

If you skill correctly it's still going to take you several months before you can get into the game and only if you get your skill training done right.

• edited May 2016

I've never understood why anyone would pay a subscription to play a game.

Activating an account for the first time costs a one-time activation fee of $/€ 5.00 or £ 3.00. This fee is waived for activation using CD-Keys, Starter Packs or PLEX, as well as within certain promotional offers for account activations.
    USA and countries in regions not listed below:

1-month-plan $ 14.95
    3-month-plan $ 38.85 ($ 12.95/month)
    6-month-plan $ 71.70 ($ 11.95/month)
    12-month-plan $ 131.40 ($10.95/month) 

Europe (VAT included):

1-month-plan € 14.95
    3-month-plan € 38.85 (€ 12.95/month)
    6-month-plan € 71.70 (€ 11.95/month)
    12-month-plan € 131.40 (€ 10.95/month)

UK (VAT included):

1-month-plan £ 9.99
    3-month-plan £ 27.99 (£ 9.33/month)
    6-month-plan £ 49.99 (£ 8.33/month)
    12-month-plan £ 89.99 (£ 7.50/month)

Russia:

1-month-plan RUB 559
    3-month-plan RUB 1469
    6-month-plan RUB 2659
    12-month-plan RUB 4899

Japan, via NEXON:

1-month-plan 1500 NXP
    3-month-plan 4000 NXP
    6-month-plan 7000 NXP
    12-month-plan 12000 NXP
  • Especially in this day and age. I've had plenty of opportunity to try this game in the past, but I didn't because of the subscription system

• I mean, if you're buying a retail game more often than once every 5 months, you're spending more than MMO subscribers are paying.

• Theres a reason that WoW and EVE are still popular is because you aren't paying $10 a month for the same game, it is continually updated. You're paying for the continued development of new content. It's like saying I don't get why people pay for electricity when you can just buy a bunch of really big batteries.

List of Eve expansions

• Alright I've been playing the trial for the past week and so far so good
    The UI is a bit confusing, and the grinding is barely bearable, but it's been fine so far

• Also with eve it is possible to play the game for free