During our free time

edited June 2016 in Off-Topic Forum

Now I know most of us love to game and be in the 29th community. However I purpose that we can share some experiences/hobbies while on "free time" away from gaming. Can be stories, or pictures, or videos just of things that you enjoy. I think it will be a awesome way to connect and maybe see what other's interests are and possibly build stronger relationships.

I may start off with some of my other loves.

enter image description here

Comments

• edited June 2016

@PFC Vos it seems you have wonderful scenaries to walk in, my city don't have much to do the same but I like to explore too, and I like play basketball and read about ww2

• Recently I've been doing woodsball/paintball during the weekends; it's a very difficult at times, but it's rewarding and satisfying - especially when you plant the flag or kill a bunch of enemies!

• edited June 2016

@PFC Weston play paintball and airsoft is a task I still have pending this

• I used to play a lot of woodsball back home. So much fun! Currently my area doesnt have much for paintball. I still have all my gear though! I was thinking of maybe getting into airsoft, woodsy style, but again. Doesnt seem like a hot topic in my neck of the woods.

• That being said. If your ever in Ontario... CANADA... I highly recommend checking out Wasaga beach paintball. By far the best setup for paintball I have ever seen or heard about over the interwebs They have sooooo many indoor/outdoor courses and scenarios you could play there for a weeks and never do the same thing. from wild wild west stuff to zombie apocalyptic scenarios or actual wars

• edited June 2016

I prefer punching holes in paper:

This was 600 yards on the Century range at National Shooting Centre Bisley, rifle is a 1930's Kar98K Russian capture.

More recent shoot, 900 yards on the Stickledown range at National Shooting Centre Bisley, rifle is a 1909(?) Schmidt Rubin M1911

• Holy hell! 900 yards with iron sights?? I'm lucky to hit 250-300 yards.

• Where I live we don't have shot ranges but someday I will shot in one

• Nothing too fancy from my side. I got into reading books finally and I'm cooking sometimes.
    Here's a homemade pizza I made a couple of weeks ago:

Next to that I just love riding my bike, it's a 2009 Aprilia SR 50 Factory "Spiderman 2" limited edition, there were only a few hundred made from this. This year I'm getting the licence for something a bit bigger though. :)

• Sweet ride Santa, that thing is CRISP. Im not much for road warriors. I simply just find them.... boring. However, I enjoy many 2 wheeled sports offroad! Moto or using my own horsepower.

Recent picture of getting radical enter image description here

• I spend a fair bit of time writing/recording music for my band in Leeds
    It's all really rough and not well made but they're just demos

• edited July 2016

Nice Cpl. I am a huge fan of tunage. what's your part in the band? its got a good gargage punky or punk blues sound to it and it is catchy. I listened to the other songs as well. How long have you guys been playing?

• I really enjoy mountaineering

In my free time I do fitness and I also like mountainbiking but not nearly as serious as you Vos

• Well serious vs non serious is a silly term. We may just have different levels of what is fun. You MAY take mountain biking a lot more serious then I do. But my fun level is a lot more risky... if that's the right term. However. I see a building in that second picture. Please Please PLEASE tell me that is your house. AANNND THEN, tell me what would be best time for me to show up and visit... Beautiful country.

• @PFC Vos said:
    Nice Cpl. I am a huge fan of tunage. what's your part in the band? its got a good gargage punky or punk blues sound to it and it is catchy. I listened to the other songs as well. How long have you guys been playing?

Actually every instrument + (bad) vocals on those tunes is recorded by myself - left my old band in london when I moved to Leeds so I've been writing stuff for a new band that I'm starting up north

• @2Lt. Dashwood said:
    More recent shoot, 900 yards on the Stickledown range at National Shooting Centre Bisley, rifle is a 1909(?) Schmidt Rubin M1911

I have a similar rifle (http://i.imgur.com/O4LnHcS.jpg), I have a bunch of ammo for it but have taken it to the range

My favorite rifles are these two though:

I take them to the range pretty frequently. I have a snapchat video of me shooting the SVT today but no idea how to post it

• @PFC Egelund You have no idea how jealous of you I am right now. Here in the UK we are no longer able to get semi-automatic rifles (Except for in .22cal), I can get both of these as straight-pull rifles which are reproductions manufactured without the gas system but they are expensive/awkward.

• @2Lt. Dashwood That's a shame, although I suppose if you can own a Kar98 things aren't all bad. Out of all the guns out there, a K98 has to be one of the best things you can ever shoot. I hear .22 semi-auto guns are quite fun too actually, never tried one though

• Today I played paintball with a group with 16 and it was pretty fine and even I got some paint kills, it was a awesome game

• @Cpl. Judge Really enjoyed that song bro, keep it up

• edited September 2016

Im a member of www.Zertnation.com

Its a worldwide community of prior law enforcement, military, security, paramedics, fire, etc and everyday civilians. 16,000+ members worldwide. Hundreds just in my locale. We have meet and greets at private range facilities where we Barbeque our favorite foods, listen to tunes, and unload our toys downrange onto some paper or my favorite, watermelons.

If Im not training or hanging out with Zert guys, Im building websites, creating graphic logos, teaching classes, working, fishing, or hunting.

Any of you hunters here like the fresh taste of good ole squirrel meat cooked over a wood fueled fire? Mmmmm protein.

• fresh taste of insects....and protein...tasty

• @PFC Alan Played paintball for a friends birthday a couple of months back at this place called Skirmish in Exeter, great fun :D

• Love hunting. I haven't done much for big game in a while (moose, elk deer), but I often go out and grab me some bugs bunnies for some stews or stir fries every once and a while

• During my free time, I go shooting (mainly target and skeet, looking to get into competitions) I find it very enjoyable, and something that everyone should try at least once in their life.

• edited September 2016

@PFC Matsuzaka said:
    fresh taste of insects....and protein...tasty

Insects? What? Lol You should research what it is that squirrels do all day.

@PFC Vos said:
    Love hunting. I haven't done much for big game in a while (moose, elk deer), but I often go out and grab me some bugs bunnies for some stews or stir fries every once and a while

Yeah Ive got a couple rabbits with the ole daisy air rifle. Im planning on taking my AR15 w the 10rd mag to find me a whitetail this winter.

@PFC McLean said:
    During my free time, I go shooting (mainly target and skeet, looking to get into competitions) I find it very enjoyable, and something that everyone should try at least once in their life.

Absolutely man. Im getting my shotgun here soon. I spent the last few years working to save to build my AR, and purchase training courses from basic to combat. Decided to save the shotty for last.

Something recommended for all parties. Spend more money on your training than your firearm. A badass gun does no good when you are a clumsy carl. As they say... " keep your booger hook off the bang switch".

• edited September 2016

I do urban exploration, might post some pictures/videos soon.

• Besides playing Total War in my free time I'm a semi-professional historical researcher
    I made a bit of money hosting tourist groups for a museum near my high school.