Battlefield 1

edited May 2016 in Other Games

Battlefield 1 is called and would be on world war 1 !!

Comments

• Is a pitty wouldnt settle on second one

• edited May 2016

Here is the trailer:

Allot better than going into the futuristic stuff like COD is doing and is getting allot of hate for it online. The COD trailer has 200 thousand more thumbs down than up! But im liking it, its not WW2 but they can go to that era after this one!

• @Sgt. in 't Veld said:

Absolutly agree , i hoped a lot was on the second one , we will have to wait

• Battlefield 1 trailer got more likes in 3 hours than COD got in a day!

• I dont know what i expect of the game. After i saw the trailer i just thought it would be a average Battlefield/Call of duty style shooter. But i got such an assasins creed feeling of the trailer too.

• @PFC Storey that's is normal Hahaha maybe people start to getting bored of future warfare most of them would buy it only for cod 4 remastered

• @Sgt. in 't Veld said:
    Allot better than going into the futuristic stuff like COD is doing and is getting allot of hate for it online. The COD trailer has 200 thousand more thumbs down than up! But im liking it, its not WW2 but they can go to that era after this one!

Tbf, their mainly getting flak because they've decided to release the Modern Warfare remake as a part of the new games special edition instead of releasing it as a standalone game.

On topic, I'm intrigued by this but I got a major steampunk/Sucker Punch WW1 part feeling from it despite them apparently wanting to make it 'realistic'. Definitely on my watch list anyway.

• I'm the fan of modern era games so I'll have to play a bit more with BF4, however I guess we can give the credits to DICE for taking some risks and making a WWI game. It completely surprised me that after all the 1st rumors turned out to be valid. So yeah I'm excited for BF1, definitely seems like a nice refreshment for the FPS market but I'm a still bit concerned how they would give back the feeling of the trench warfare, I'm confident in DICE, and I can't wait to see more details revealed.

• Although this seems pretty neat, the historical inaccuracies and generalizations make my historian eye twitch.

• edited May 2016

This is a parody of the current state of Battlefield 1 news commentary.. all too accurate I fear.

• Ah. I love a good satirical video. It is hard for me not to believe that this game will end up like Battlefield: Hardline.

• edited May 2016

The announcement of the next Bf will be set up in ww1 is bad news for the Verdun pc game. Shame.
    About the official trailer thing - maybe it works for younger ages, but I am not excited in no way after seeing the trailer. The trailer music is terrible as well.

• Well after seeing an hour of bf1 gameplay on the ea stream, I think it's basically what every (history) nerd feared. In an hour I never saw one bolt action rifle which wasn't a sniper. Everyone has an SMG or semi auto (or running around at full speed with a lewis gun), and they're even try to incorporate optics (see pic), I guess to make the modern warfare crowd feel at home.

enter image description here

Not that it couldn't be a fun game, but calling it a WW1 game is almost silly. I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

• Well, after seeing some parts of that video, I got the same feeling as PFC Egelund, disappointment, I feel like calling this game a WW1 game was just a marketing action to drown CoD and get BF players excited about this new game, but in fact, it's just another Classic BF without any major change from what I've seen before. I probably won't buy it and if I do, it will be way after the official release to be sure about what I'm buying.

• edited June 2016

The hour long stream of footage:

It does not feel like WW1, it feels like WW1 in an alternate universe where more modern weapons are present. If only they would allow mods again, this game could become awesome as Project Reality: Battlefield 1.

But i am impressed by the engine, the big airship coming down and destroying any building it will land on is a great touch and the graphics look really nice and the weather system is a great touch as well, you can even see the rain on the weapons. I think the single player will be a great experience, if they make one that is.

• It seems like it could be enjoyable, but my main concern is that everyone will be using submachine guns, basically making every other gun in the game unusable

• I just saw this for pre order on Origin for $99.99. That is an amazingly huge sum of money for this type of game... The sad thing is, people are going to pay it.

• Its like, COD had its moments but for me everygame looks like a re-skin. BF Always innovates.

• French as DLC but America in release? It's like they're working WW1 in reverse...

• edited June 2016

@2Lt. Bergstrom said:
    French as DLC but America in release? It's like they're working WW1 in reverse...

And Russian army nobody knows if they will appear

• Just noticed that the German sniper is black. :D

• @T5 Junnila that's curious xD

• @2Lt. Bergstrom said:
    French as DLC but America in release? It's like they're working WW1 in reverse...

You pointing this out made me cringe.

• @2Lt.Bergstrom then we still can save the archduke

• enter image description here

Developer: EA DICE
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Release date: October 18th, 2016 (Deluxe Edition), October 21, 2016 (Standard Release)
    Open beta/Alpha: TBA

SYNOPSIS

Battlefield 1 is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by EA DICE and published by Electronic Arts. Despite its name, it is the fourteenth installment in the Battlefield franchise, the first main entry in the series since Battlefield 4 (2013). Similar to previous entries in the series, Battlefield 1 is a first-person shooter that emphasizes teamwork. The game is set in the period of World War I, and is inspired by historical events. Players can make use of World War I weapons, including bolt-action rifles, automatic and semi-automatic rifles, artillery, flamethrowers, and mustard gas to combat opponents.[2][3][4][5] Melee combat was reworked, with DICE introducing new melee weapons such as sabres, trench clubs, and shovels into the game. These melee weapons were divided into two groups: heavy and light.[6] Players can also take control of various armored vehicles, including light and heavy tanks, armored trucks, biplane aircraft, battleships and zeppelin, as well as ride horses into battle.[7] Destructible environments and weapon customization, features present in the previous games, return in Battlefield 1 and will be more dynamic.[8]

According to the game's designer, Daniel Berlin, the campaign mode has larger and more open environments than those in previous installments in the franchise, with more options and choices in terms of paths to completing levels and how to approach combat.[9] Players can control several characters in the campaign.[10]

The game's multiplayer is planned to support up to 64 players.[11] The new squad system allows a group of players to enter and leave game servers together.[4] According to Berlin, playing without joining a squad would make gameplay significantly more difficult.[12] Multiplayer maps are to be based on locations around the world, including Arabia, the Western Front, and the Alps.[13]

FEATURES

Play as one of many different classes including:

• Assault Class: The primary anti-vehicle class. Assault players have SMG's and automatic rifles at their disposal.
    • Medic Class: The Medic class is primarily focused on reviving fellow teammates, healing them, and repairing their vehicles. The primary weapons in this class are semi-automatic rifles.
    • Support Class: Supports have light-machine guns at their disposal. They also contribute to the team by replenishing their fellow team-mates' ammo.
    • Scout Class: Scouts use sniper rifles. The class contributes to the team by spotting enemies, and by firing the flare gun, which places nearby enemies in the vicinity on the mini-map.
    • Tanker Class: Players choosing to spawn into a tank will now automatically spawn as the tanker class. The class is new to the series, and features a hammer that can repair vehicles.
    • Pilot Class: Players who spawn into a plane will now automatically spawn as the pilot class.

TRAILERS (most recent first)

MEDIA

• All the info plus the most recent trailer which came out today. Pretty excited for this....

• @PFC Egelund said:
    Well after seeing an hour of bf1 gameplay on the ea stream, I think it's basically what every (history) nerd feared. In an hour I never saw one bolt action rifle which wasn't a sniper. Everyone has an SMG or semi auto (or running around at full speed with a lewis gun), and they're even try to incorporate optics (see pic), I guess to make the modern warfare crowd feel at home.

Not that it couldn't be a fun game, but calling it a WW1 game is almost silly. I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

I completely agree. I think it's an appalling idea by the developers. WWI was mostly sitting in a trench trying not to die from disease or the cold... I don't think any game could ever depict this, except maybe a This War of Mine WWI version wouldn't be too bad ;)
    But yeah, the first trailer I saw disgusted me, it looks nothing like WWI and I will never play this game no matter how good it is as a game.