Battlefield 1

2»

Comments

• The technollogy (engine, graphics, physics,...) put into this game is incridible. But damn, that's absolutly not a WW1 style game.
    SMG, LMG and snipers everywhere. Even paratroopers. Scopes on nearly each weapon. Firing a Lewis like a Thompson 360° yolo no recoil...
    They could have done something wonderful, but like Egelund said "I guess to make the modern warfare crowd feel at home"

• I think you need to take this game for what it is. If you want a truly accurate WW1 experience there are other options like Verdun. If you want a WW1 inspired shooter that is well done, balanced and looks great than BF1 is for you. You cant expect a Battlefield game to be running around with bolt action rifles hiding in the trenches. Yes I agree its not historically what youd expect from a WW1 game but they need to take an era that could be, quite frankly boring and make it a playable online experience and I think they have done that.

With that said I hope the franchise returns to WW2 in the next full BF game. Obviously wont be WW1 next time around as they have added just about everything they could in this.

• @Pvt. Willis said:
    I think you need to take this game for what it is. If you want a truly accurate WW1 experience there are other options like Verdun. If you want a WW1 inspired shooter that is well done, balanced and looks great than BF1 is for you. You cant expect a Battlefield game to be running around with bolt action rifles hiding in the trenches. Yes I agree its not historically what youd expect from a WW1 game but they need to take an era that could be, quite frankly boring and make it a playable online experience and I think they have done that.

Agreed. As much as it bugs me knowing that everyone is going to be running around with either semi auto's or Bergmann's I'm still going to play it and probably enjoy it.

• This fan made video showcases the graphical power of BF1.

• That was quite epic.

• @Pvt. Willis said:
    This fan made video showcases the graphical power of BF1.

Two things, first, not gonna look like that on Console ;). 2nd, when you upload videos to youtube it literally naturally makes them look better, it's something that youtube does to make the video gameplay look better, don't betray your eyes

• Noone will say is strange a black guy in the German side? XD

• I can't run it, my graphic card can't upload to 16.2.1 so bye bye battlefield 1

• Anyone else playing?

• Battlefield 1 beta is lit my dudes

• I've been doing pretty much nothing else, than playing this game since yesterday morning. I'm up for some squad-ups.

• @PFC Alan said:
    Noone will say is strange a black guy in the German side? XD

Nope.
    enter image description here

Not to even mention the fact that most of the German East Africa soldiers in WW1 were black. (Google search Askari)

• cringes internally

And that, my friends, is how history is rewritten, not by the victors, but by ignorant people (who of course have no fault in being ignorant, apart from not informing themselves. Which, after all, can be considered somewhat of a fault).

• What ? No missiles, no paratroopers, no hipshooting with the MG08 ? So much people will be disapointed with the reallity ^^

But the game is insanely beautiful: http://imgur.com/gallery/FQNy4 (RIP graphic cards) :)

• @PFC Dubois said:
    What ? No missiles, no paratroopers, no hipshooting with the MG08 ?

Well...

There are also rocket guns and parachutes in the game

The game looks pretty fun, although I find it ridiculous that they put red dot sights in the game. I was going to commend DICE on taking a chance on WW1 but they were too afraid of moving away from MW to really do it properly.

• What i said is a joke "game vs reality" :)
    That thing is 26,5 Kg + 4 Kg of water + ammo

• In any moment they said the game would be realistic, they just inspired in the ww1, even in Verdun there is a mg you can't shot by hip fire

• Game is fun as hell. Its a game, not a WW1 simulation. Its not Red Orchestra or Verdun, its Battlefield and it looks and plays awesome.

• edited September 2016

I have been playing since the beta expect for Friday to Sunday, you really need to get used to the weapons, but the first weapons are pretty bad, when you start unlocking weapons its allot better. At the moment on the last day they unlocked all the weapons that can be unlocked in the beta! The game can be allot of fun if you really want to play a arcade WW1 game. You will rage at moments when another sniper gets you but i had allot of fun flying with fighter planes and bombers, being inside a tank and killing so many people who think they can just run up to your tank from 30 meters away and expect not get hit. The performance is also very good, i can get 60 easy with V-Sync on but the frames dip to 40 when all hell is breaking loose in objective C aka the town. I posted some footage of the beta on the first day:

• edited September 2016

Yes please. Single player reveal trailer.

• Yep, there were colonial troops in Africa but its kinda strange to see a German colonial troop equipped as a late war stormtrooper fighting on the western front..by that time they had basically lost all their colonies! That is just them beeing lazy, they could have made different uniforms to identify different units, that way it would have been even more fun to roleplay for exemple as an ANZAC or a Turkish soldier..now every army is just a random mix..everyone qith the same guns and same faces :-(

But the real question is: where are the TRENCHES and the BARBED WIRE!

I DEMAND a passchendaele map as they hinted in the videos :-(

• For some first hand experience, I participated in the 3/4 day open beta and was pleasantly surprised by the refreshing atmosphere of the weaponry. The rifles and machine guns are "realistically" (i put quotes for relativity's sake) inaccurate and the general flow of the game feels like they're attempting to get back to the roots of Bad company. More Bang. More Grit. Less tediousness.

That being said. Do not in any way expect this to be a true WW1 experience. Buy Verdun if you want that. This is flashy. Fast paced. Action oriented shooter. It does that well in my opinion. The saturation and gun play is extremely satisfying along with the melee system (clubs and bayonet stabs).

Overall I believe battlefield 1 is a step in the right direction for Dice, I would recommend picking it up eventually to anyone who enjoys the Battlfield series.

To wrap up, this game in essence is not intended to replicate World War 1's realism in anything except showy flashy maps, guns, and whatever else they have. That being said, battlefield 1 as the next BATTLEFIELD game I would say deserves praise for stepping in the right direction for the series. A bold move, with plenty of new content and settings to keep it going. Better than what CoD is doing in my humble opinion.

• BF1 is out and its lit!

• Game is great /thread

• Footage from the first time i played BF1, jumped out of my bomber just in time, had zero damage, survived a bomber strafing nearby and than i got lucky and unlucky again.

• Premium pass with all DLC Will be free since today untill day 18, i think