What GPU is everyone using?

Just interested in what graphics card everyone uses to run their games. Personally, I'm using a Nvidia GeForce 940M. It may not be brilliant but it can handle ArmA 3 at standard settings.

Comments

• My baby, R9 280X
    Would swap to RX 480 or Fury once I found a job, tho
    enter image description here

• EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ GAMING ACX 2.0+ 6GB GDDR5 DVI-I HDMI 3 x DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card.

Totally copy+pasted that in through the email I got for it. I'm not using it to the max 'cos the crappy processor I have but I hope to remedy this in the future.

• GTX 970 MSI 4GB

• enter image description here

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

Got lucky and instead of running at a top of around 1860 MHz OC, it runs at about 2100 MHz OC.

• ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970

Hoping to swap it out for a 1070/1080 soon, though.

• I like your style Neve

• edited November 2016

Alright, well I clearly need an upgrade. xD

I feel like a goldfish in a group of sharks.

• @Pvt. Laird said:
    Alright, well I clearly need an upgrade. xD

I feel like a fish in a group of sharks.

Me too, Pvt. I'm using an HD 7770 :(

• @Cpl. Lacey said:
    Me too, Pvt. I'm using an HD 7770

Hey that's my old card :D

• edited November 2016

@T5 Brand said:
    ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
    Got lucky and instead of running at a top of around 1860 MHz OC, it runs at about 2100 MHz OC.

Pretty damn good OC for a 1070, how's the stability at ~2100MHz? Also what's the cooling like on the ASUS ROG AIBs? I'm guessing the triple fan setup helps a fair amount. Apparently the memory clocks quite well, you should see if you can hit +700 on the memory clock, seems to be the most commonly quoted stable number.

• had to go a little cheap on mine D: Geforce 750. Hopefully with christmas and tax time coming I can upgrade to a 1070 or 1080.

• Currently a painful GTX 750ti, runs with an AMD FX 4300 which as you can imagine isn't great. For Christmas im buying myself an FX 8350 Octa-core at 4.0 GHz, and a few months after that I plan to buy an MSI GTX 1060.

• you dont buy christmas presents for yourself @PFC Plumbley thats not what christmas is about pal

P.S I have a bad one, something from like when MW2 came out

• @PFC Plumbley said:
    Currently a painful GTX 750ti, runs with an AMD FX 4300 which as you can imagine isn't great. For Christmas im buying myself an FX 8350 Octa-core at 4.0 GHz, and a few months after that I plan to buy an MSI GTX 1060.

Save the money, Zen CPUs are coming next year and they are tons better than the current 85xx CPU of AMD

• @PFC Thomas Unfortunately that would require a new mobo and DDR4 RAM, which would add like £150 that i have to spend, no can do :(

• Better to save up then to bottleneck yourself later!

What's wrong with an I5?

As someone who likes AMD and owns an 8350 I still wouldn't recommend one over an I5/I7. Though is performs just as well for most games and even better on some, alot of games are just so badly optimised for AMD CPU's (Arma, Squad) that you will wish you went with Intel or waited for Zen.

• @Cpt. Patty said:
    Better to save up then to bottleneck yourself later!

What's wrong with an I5?

As someone who likes AMD and owns an 8350 I still wouldn't recommend one over an I5/I7. Though is performs just as well for most games and even better on some, alot of games are just so badly optimised for AMD CPU's (Arma, Squad) that you will wish you went with Intel or waited for Zen.

I thought about buying an 8350 but then my i7 laptop yielded more FPS than my PC (albeit lower resolution) so I decided to save up for Zen and all subsequent upgrade
    And judging by the live stream yesterday, seems like I made the right decision

• I have a (pretty bad, ik) GeForce GTX 645, saving for a RX 480 though.

• In MY computer is a GTX 960. just my ram isnt high enough to cope with ARMA 3 So instead i use a freinds pc. no idea what he as but it runs arma at about 40-50 fps in online play and a flat 60 in singleplay.

• I use a GTX 960, runs arma 3 just fine.

• edited May 2017

@Pvt. Gradidge I'm intrigued as to what PC has a GTX 960 but not at least 4Gb of RAM. :D

• The 900 Series has dropped down in price, a 980 is very good, I get around 70 fps with the Asus Strix OC'd in Arma 3 High-Ultra Settings

• lel am only guy here with shit GPU AMD Radeon HD 5450 1024mb but still running GTA V on low without lag