Steel Division: Normandy 44

Seems Paradox Interactive, (known for games like Hearts Of Iron, Stellaris, are creating a new RTS that takes places in WW2:

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-normandy-44

Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a Tactical Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game, developed by Eugen Systems, the creators of titles like Wargame and R.U.S.E. This new game puts players in command of detailed, historically accurate tanks, troops, and vehicles at the height of World War II. Players can measure their tactical skills against several opponents in big multiplayer battles or against enemies in a challenging single-player campaign. Steel Division: Normandy 44 allows players to take control over legendary military divisions from six different countries, such as the American 101st Airborne, the German armored 21st Panzer or the 3rd Canadian Division, during the invasion of Normandy in 1944.

enter image description here

Looks mighty interesting!

Comments

• Certainly going to nab this when it comes out.

• Paradox isn't creating it. Eugen Sytems it (Developers of the Wargame franchise, R.U.S.E, Act of Aggression)

• Some of the first footage has been posted, Bluedrake warning:

Their twitch channel if you want to watch it without Bluedrake:

• edited March 2017

Or you can just go to Paradox's Youtube channel.. They will be playing it weekly every Wednesday.

• edited March 2017

@PFC Thomas said:
    Paradox isn't creating it. Eugen Sytems it (Developers of the Wargame franchise, R.U.S.E, Act of Aggression)

This. Paradox is just producing it, but the project seems promising nonetheless.

• I am excited for this. Def liking the game-play. Thanks for posting.

• Anyone know if this has some type of 'Campaign mode'? Oh, and multiplayer. Don't know much about the game but it looks interesting, something I'd definitely consider buying.

• @PFC Ixer said:
    Anyone know if this has some type of 'Campaign mode'? Oh, and multiplayer. Don't know much about the game but it looks interesting, something I'd definitely consider buying.

Considering the last 3 Wargame games have had campaigns, and definitely multiplayer, I don't see any reason why this game shouldn't have those features coupled with the fact that they're gonna stamp a $60 price tag on it.

• edited March 2017

Steel Division: Normandy 44 - Battle groups

• Watch a 2v2 on a Colleville map.

• Pre-Order Available now, comes with a beta build you can play on immediately.

• I did some streaming of my second match vs AI:

• I have this game and I'm sure several others do, too.
    So if any of you want to hop in and do some Co-Op or PvP then I'm down.
    Need to keep trolling, anw, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I really feel like buying the game, but I think I will not play it a lot as well... pretty much like it happened with red dragon

• Is this worth 16 USD?

• When this game first came out it was a ton of fun. Playing with other people against bots was the most fun. Due to some network problems with their game we kinda phased out from playing as much as it was kinda filled with lag. I have not checked it out in almost 3 months though so it could be fixed for all I know.