Battalion 1944

This is a new WW2 game coming out on Steam/XB1/PS4. It uses the Unreal Engine 4 and is slated for a May 2017 release. Bulkhead Interactive aims to revitalize the WW2 shooter genre. I'm excited for this, as I'm sick of the futuristic shooters/CoD games. You can check out the announcement trailer here

Comments

• oh wow, this is the first I've heard of this, Game looks amazing, I'm a huge fan of the first 2 Call of Dutys, and this looks likes its ganna be that style of game play just look a lot better. I'm pretty excited for this!

• Should the development studio reach all their Kickstarters donations or the game is very successful. There will be added new playable scenarios, like the Eastern Front, Pacific and Southern Front. Just imagine this content with graphics on our time (:

• It seemed a bit raw at the moment, much more of an arcade shooter...

Thing is, I've never played a complete shooter such as Darkest Hour. Good maps, different variety of textures and camo, a good hit detection & damage system (which was much much better in 5.1) and the best is game makes impossible to allow a single player to dominate the entire gameplay (ofc if you play a team-work based game)...

If they work on the aspects which makes DH a good game and install it to their own, then why not a Dog Company for Battalion 1944 ^^ ...

• edited March 2016

After watching that gameplay I just don't know how I Feel, To me, it doesn't look great....I know its still Pre-Alpha etc.. but maybe a new video down the line will change my thoughts.

• I never got into gaming during those early COD days, Halo CE is my throw back nostalgia. Though I can see how this might interest some. The only reason it has my interest is simply because its WW2, I'll wait and see how this continues to develop.

• for my point of view it looks like a heroes and generals but with better graphics , but i love ww2 things so lets see

• edited August 2016

enter image description here

Hey guys figured id chime in on this since ive been watching it pretty closely. So this game is supposed to be a Medal Of Honor Allied Assault/ Call of Duty successor. Not a Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra or Heroes and Generals type game. They have recently relaunched their website at http://www.battaliongame.com/ They have also opened up their store again so you can buy into the Alpha, Beta or Early Access version of the game. Yes its pay to play earlier.

Ive been doing some reading and there are lots of cool things they are implementing in this. The early game footage you saw is not the game. It was a demo video put together to give you an idea what the game is going to be about. The developers have flat out said the footage has nothing to do with the game. One cool thing I read was that new players hjave a brand new uniform, clean shaven type appearance. The more you play, the more grizzled you look, gear gets worn, uniform gets worn. Its a pretty cool small idea I thought was interesting.

In any case, updates are coming and new footage. The game has garnered the attention of some big name Publishers (im guessing EA as one of them since the Medal of Honor series was put to rest). The developers seem keen on continuing on their own and are pretty into their project always emphasizing the quality of the game.

Projected release is May 2017. Here is a quick render video they released to show the attention to detail they are going for.

• Beware. Based on dev gameplay footage released this is more quake arena shooter than "realism". Jump strafe no scope headshots and changing direction in the air etc. Totally lost my interest..

• @2Lt. Bergstrom said:
    Beware. Based on dev gameplay footage released this is more quake arena shooter than "realism". Jump strafe no scope headshots and changing direction in the air etc. Totally lost my interest..

Call of Duty announced a WW2 game this year
    This shows up
    Cues X-Files music

• edited April 2017

@2Lt. Bergstrom said:
    Beware. Based on dev gameplay footage released this is more quake arena shooter than "realism". Jump strafe no scope headshots and changing direction in the air etc. Totally lost my interest..

Yep , i was expecting another kind of game not this , they f#$&* up xd

• @2Lt. Bergstrom said:

lol oh god, what have they done

• Oh my god

• Not even in COD/MOH you could jump and run around like that.

• I find it funny. Everyone was saying "authentic" and all these more realistic terminology to describe the game, but they threw in CoD and MoH in there as a "return to form" for the ww2 genre. Like, what were people thinking they were going to get? Authentic and CoD don't go together at all. Like, based off what I'm seeing, just play UT99. Don't make a WW2 game out of it.

• http://mailchi.mp/7032078417d3/battalionbeta

There you can sign for a change to get get into in the closed beta

• I Kickstartered it and got it, ill play with anyone.

• Battalion 1944 will launch in full this month - May 23, 2019.

Full Release Feature List

Russians Join The Fight
    Say hello to the Russian faction.

Russian Weapons
    PPSh-41 Drum Magazine
    SVT-40
    Baikal 21 Double Barrel Shotgun
    PPS-43 Stick Magazine
    Fedorov Avtomat
    Mosin Nagant
    Mosin Nagant Scoped
    TT-33
    RGD-33

New Maps

New Map: Vanguard
    Play on the new russian snow map - Vanguard. This map has long open lanes & lots of buildings to duel across with your mosin nagant & kar98 rifles.

New Map: Docks
    Take the fight to Italy in this homage to the rooftop rifle duels of toujane. A mix of tight & open angles and a smaller map layout make fast rotations & clutches nail biting.

New Map: Goldrush
    This new map focuses on its free flowing arcadey layout within a french forest on the border of the german defensive line. Follow the train track into the heart of axis bunker system for close range combat - or snipe from the barn tower overlooking a key domination point. This map is open for many player choices.

We’ll be covering all of the new maps in more detail over the next few weeks.

Improved Gamemodes

Introducing Faceit 5v5 Competitive Matchmaking
    Faceit’s competitive matchmaking toolset is integrated directly into the game for free. Stats, rankings, matchmaking, tournaments and hubs are all built into the game menus.
    More info coming soon...

New gamemode 1v1 Showdown
    Run through Faceit matchmaking - prove you’re the best in 1v1 small deathmatch arena. More info coming soon…

New Gamemode - Free For All
    This mode is accessible via the community server browser.

Improved Capture The Flag
    Extra time & overtime make this overhauled mode extremely fun!

Improved Domination

Improved... Just about everything else!

New Challenge System
    Get cosmetic rewards for completing quick fire, daily, weekly and community challenges.
    More info coming soon…

Improved Character Visibility
    Our new character shaders allow you to actually see who’s sniping at you!

Stat Tracking
    In depth stat tracking lets you see your progress from season to season.

Leaderboards
    Track who’s the best on your friends list at Battalion 1944.

Ingame Medals & Rewards
    Be proud of your achievements and show off your collection of accolades.
    Get a sick 1 tap or 5 man clutch? There’s a medal for that.

Match History & Replay System.
    Competitive Wartide, Arcade all supported with full playback.

User Interface Overhaul
    Much clearer and slicker ingame and main menu UI.

Audio Overhaul
    Hear the snaps of bullets hitting beside you and hear your teammates warnings of incoming grenades - alongside new music triggers and voice lines, Battalion 1944 has never sounded better.

BattleRank Season 3
    We’re launching a brand new season of Battlerank, our free ‘battlepass-like’ system, which lets players gain cosmetic rewards simply for playing the game. Every level rewards a free war chest This season brings brand new weapon skins for players to work to unlock through our reworked XP system that rewards how well you play - with a beautiful STG44 at the highest diamond rank.
    More info coming soon…

New War Chest - The ‘Red Star’ Russian War Chest
    Packed full of shiny new russian weapon skins & can be earned for free through our new ingame challenge system.

General Fluidity & Gameplay Improvements
    This one is so big! We’ve made so many improvements to counter ‘bunny hopping’ and diversify away from the old ‘corner jumping’ meta alongside feedback from the community. We’ll be breaking this down more over the coming weeks - in the meantime ask our closed beta players their thoughts.

Much, much more!
    These points only cover a small amount of the full changelist for full release.
    Many minor quality of life changes have been worked on & we can’t wait for you to try the full version of the game.

• Game is great with a solid core and steady player count. Its 20% for the next few days!