Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh

edited June 2017 in Other Games

Post Scriptum: Website Under Construction
Post Scriptum is a WW2 modification for the acclaimed tactical shooter SQUAD. Players will relive the events of ‘Operation Market Garden’ across the fields and towns of Holland. This massive Allied assault consisted of a coordination of the British and American Airborne to capture key bridges while the British XXX Corps moved to reinforce them through Highway 69. However, consecutive delays in consolidating ground from the north of Belgium through Nijmegen forced the 1st British Airborne Division in Arnhem to make a stand much longer than anticipated. With no successful link between the XXX Corps and the Airborne in sight, the seventh and final bridge in Arnhem was considered lost.
‘The Bloody Seventh’ is our name for the initial focus of the project as we feel it succinctly details the struggle that the British paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the Lower Rhine.

Players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.

enter image description here

Comments

• This looks really good had a lot of fun in Squad so far and now with WW 2 coming to it , it will be even better.

Thanks for sharing!

• Wow, looks like I finally have a reason to get Squad.

• It looks like DH with next gen graphics!

• I'm excited to see some gameplay

• An Alpha within an Alpha. Alpha-ception

• This is starting to look so awesome. My hopes are officially up.

• that 42' though... <3

• @T5 Saerens said:
    It looks like DH with next gen graphics!

Couldn't have said it better!!!

• Next update. It looks so good.

• As someone who is Dutch, when he was driving through that little village, it really feels like a Dutch landscape. Whoever is making that map is doing some damn good research.

• Looking very promising, some very interesting features.

• Hope this keeps moving along. It has my interest.

• Is there an alpha or beta out?

• new video out. More of an interview.

• New Devblog! Tanks!!

• Impressive. Looks promising so long as they keep up the work.

• edited January 2017

I'm pretty sure the Enfield No 2 Mk 1 Revolver was double action only with no protruding hammer, someone will have to correct them on that.

It will be interesting to see if they can get that gritty WW2 feel in the battles, a big problem with Squad for me is that most of the battles feel like extended skirmishes rather than large scale battles.

• @Cpt. Patty said:

It will be interesting to see if they can get that gritty WW2 feel in the battles, a big problem with Squad for me is that most of the battles feel like extended skirmishes rather than large scale battles.

I think that's just the nature of the game during public play. Naturally squads tend to split up into tight groups to accomplish different tasks or approach different flanks, so it can often have a smaller feel despite the actual scale. I would like to think that when you actually get some experienced leadership and players playing and working together(moving as one) it will change the feel of the game to what you desire.

• edited February 2017

The game has gone into Alpha and they broadcasted some footage, also some footage is available from other youtubers, there is a rumor going around that the game will be paid content, take it very lightly as i see no mention of it anywhere beside Bluedrake making a video about it. It is gonna be a full standalone game so that its nice so you will not need to buy Squad first.

Footage from French youtuber TypeX:

Footage from PsiSyndicate:

more footage:

• some nice development on the track physics.

• edited June 2017

Post Scriptum has officially announced they will be stand alone. Looks like they are aiming for an early access release in 2018.

The sandbox mode sounds very interesting...

• Looks pretty dope.

• edited June 2017

The DNA of Squad mechanics can be seen throughout, but they do have some very interesting differences. Take a look at this video for a breakdown of this one game mode Offensive.

• It worth to buy squad or is better to wait to this standalone?

• @PFC Alan Squad is great and readily available now, while this game could be a good while before its available to purchase and play. I would suggest getting both, but its really determined by what interests you and whether you want to spend the money. Squad is still on sale for the steam summer sale I believe, so its cost is reduced for the time being.

• edited July 2017

Towed AT guns? Good heavens!

• Sandbox mode sounds promising.

• I really like how this game mode differs from the usual realistic shooter. We already have the usual attack defend with their Offensive game mode. This one seems very structured and arcade like in a good way. Take a look at their reveal of the game mode Stratagem.