Marksman Quick Range Finding & Leading

INTRODUCTION
Hi 29th, this guide will help you quick range targets, lead shots to make sure you get the best use of every bullet has a marksman. (Take notes, it’s a non-official guide from the 29th)

We will talk about range finding using your Mill-Dots in your scope (Medium size and small size lines in the scope crosshair). Even though you can now range find with the binoculars (guide coming to you soon)

Take notes, English is not my first language.

VOCABULARY
MILL-DOT:
A MIL-Dot reticle refers to a standard, specific pattern of duplex crosshair reticles with four small 0.25 mil diameter dots placed along each axis. … The distance between the centers of any two adjacent dots (lines in SQUAD) on a MIL-Dot reticle scope equals 1 Mil, which is about 36" (or 1 yard) @ 1000 yards, or 3.6 inches @ 100 yards.
Google Vocabulary

We will use this word referring to ‘‘lines’’ in the scope

BASIC DESIGNATED MARKSMAN ROLE
In Squad as a DMS your role will be to communicate clearly with your squad leader for these following;

• Enemy vehicules

• Enemy Habs & Rally point

• Enemy movement

• Any intel you can provide

The primary objective of the marksman is to provide long-range combat support for the squad. The secondary objective of the marksman is to conduct scouting operations in tactical vantage points against the enemy. This role is equipped with a rifle featuring a high-powered optic for long range engagements, a sidearm for emergencies, a field dressing for wounds, grenades (two variants), and a shovel for construction of deployable. This role is strongly recommended being used in large, open maps with little cover or urban maps with tall buildings. It is strongly discouraged to use the marksman in close quarters combat. If used correctly, the marksman can be the most lethal member of the squad and can inflict heavy casualties on the enemy when least expected. Resupply costs 50 ammo points.

You will also have to mark on the map (if your squad leader gives you a fireteam lead)

There’s way more to it, but this is the basics

RANGE FINDING
We’ll go over the distance you will need to cover in Squad as a marksman.

100 Meters
At a 100 meters, the target will cover a full set half of your corsshair;

200 Meters
At 200 meters, the target will cover 3 Mill-Dot (2 large lines) (1/4 of the entire crosshair)

300 Meters
300 meters will be the part where shooting someone can be tricky. This means the target will have a length of 2+ Mill-Dot.

400 Meters
Your target will be at 1,5+ Mill-Dot.

500 Meters
The half kilometer is where leading is really hard and hard to spot targets. Your target will be at a full hafl of a Mill-Dot.

750 Meters
For the 3/4 of a kilometer your target will make half (1/2) Mill-Dot (which is a large line on your crosshair)

1 Kilometer
The kilometer shot is a hard one, not only because of the distance but because your target will be impossible to hit if you dont ZERO your scope to 1 click (1 km)

LEADING A SHOT
Leading Shots at running targets
The ballistic of EVERY riffle in the game is actually pretty close to reality, which means when it is coming to leading your shot to running targets, it’s kind of easy; let me explain.

The vocabulary needed for this part of the guide is simple, but here’s some definition for some of you less familiar with it.

Leading a shot: Shooting in front of the target. By the time the bullet travels in the air, the target will move towards the bullet.
Silhouette: Here what i mean by silhouette is the shoulder span facing you.
Side Silhouette: Body span, seen from the side.

Leading Shots
The rule is simple, to lead shot:

EVERY 100M YOU WIN A SIDE.

That’s the trick you’re given in training for long range riffle shooting [in real life] and it works, let me explain.

If you take a look in the intro, you’ll see a male model with a measure on him. This measure is a side MILDOT. This means, every 100m your target is at, you have to measure 1 side. 1 Side is equal to half a chevron, since a full chevron is a facing silhouette (triangles in a x4 scope)

Example
If a target is running left to right, and is 400m away. You will have to aim 4 side spam a head of him.

Why?
1 side is a Mill-Dot.: 4 x .5 = 2 [4 x a side for 400m] x [.5 Mill cause 1 Mill is 2 side] = [2 Mill a head of the target]

Make sure you don’t measure your side with a player facing you, it’s not the same thing. If you do that, you have to divide your Mill by 2.

I know it’s hard to understand since I have so many difficulties explaining it, but once you’ll get it, you’ll be unstoppable.

CONCLUSION
Thank you for reading, I’ll provide other useful equipment guides soon.

REC. Gallagher