Promotion and Award (James P. Sarsfield)

SSgt. Newton said:

PFC Sarsfield is someone that I have had my eye on ever since he transferred into my platoon. He’s always been an enthusiastic guy. He really seemed to always keep a positive attitude, and to get after and get good at whatever his role at that time may have been. During his time as a grenadier he really picked up on the FP1S3 tradition of splattering people against walls with HE, and he really dedicated himself to the AIT. That wasn’t enough for Sarsfield though. Shortly after that got involved with lighthouse and eventually made his way into leadership, while carrying that same enthusiasm to get good. Well, get good he has. PFC Sarsfield, while a little headstrong and maybe too enthusiastic sometimes has had a pretty stellar run as far as SLT candidates go in my opinion. He really put the effort into learning from the NCO’s around him and to put the time in on his own to practice and guest and develop himself and his skills. I must say that it’s been a pleasure seeing Sarsfield learn and grow throughout his time in SLT, as he’s successfully taken on each task and lesson and even the ASL spot of S1. For that I think it’s high time he be done with SLT and be awarded his NCO Development Ribbon and a promotion to the rank of Corporal. Congratulations Cpl. Sarsfield.

CERTIFICATION OF PROMOTION

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and
confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

James P. Sarsfield       002336268      FP1S1

I do promote him to Corporal in the

UNITED STATES ARMY

to rank as such from the 2nd day of January 2022 .

You are charged to discharge carefully and diligently the duties of the grade to which promoted and to uphold the traditions and standards of the Army.

Effective with this promotion you are charged to execute diligently your special skills with a high degree of technical proficiency and to maintain standards of performance, moral courage and dedication to the Army which will serve as outstanding examples to your fellow soldiers. You are charged to observe and follow the orders and directions given by superiors acting according to the law, articles and rules governing the discipline of the Army. Your unfailing trust in superiors and loyalty to your peers will significantly contribute to the readiness and honor of the United States Army.

Matt R. Newton

Congratulations buddy, well deserved!

Congratulations Cpl. Sarsfield!

Congrats i cant wait to see all the amazing drills to come!

I’m lucky to have such a fantastic ASL.

I remember when he was just a young, [REDACTED] PFC. Those were the [REDACTED] days I’ll never forget. Congrats Cpl., and keep up the good [REDACTED]!

Congratulations Cpl. !