Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

Quote from Cpt. Hill on December 2014 who quotes from TSgt. Thompson on August 8, 2008:

“Alright this is a simple little game I saw on another forum and thought I’d bring it over here,
basically you just rate the track the person above you is listening to on a 1-10 scale
and explain your reasoning if you like then post your own song.”

The rules:

1. You must post artist name and track name.
  2. You must provide a URL to listen to the track (YouTube, MySpace, etc).
  3. You cannot rate your own tracks.
  4. And of course no extremely negative comments if you don’t like a persons song.

I’m continuing this thread from the old forums since I posted last there: old thread

Kurosuke - Moscato

7/10 - I like the plucky guitars and the jazzy vibe of the melody and chord progression.

Daði Freyr - “Where We Wanna Be”

8/10 Heard this guys stuff in I wanna say Eurovision? really like it and this one is a bop too.

Lukas Nelson & the Promise of the Real - Find Yourself

7.5/10 I like the style and the soft feel of the song, but it’s not my cup of tea

Wavey - Fade

5/10 - Insane drumming here. Filled with complex rhythms. I like some prog, but this was just too much for my ears to take in, thus the mediocre score.

The Black Mamba - “Still I Am Alive”

(Soul music from Portugal.)

8.5/10 Big alabama shakes vibes. thanks for posting this will have to give them more of a listen!

Keeping the whole soul music thing going with the king himself.

Otis Redding - Cigarrettes and Coffee

6/10 - Impeccable vocal performance, but this song lacks a hook I can grab on to.

Here’s some Earth, Wind & Fire type stuff. One of the few mainstream chart songs which actually is quality:

Silk Sonic - “Leave the Door Open”

(A super duo consisting of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak)

8/10 - I was definitely down with Bruno Mars’ pivot towards motown/funk styles. It’s too bad the trend didn’t stick.

This one has infected me, and now I must spread the disease.

Igorrr - Very Noise

(There is no God for you here.)

2/10 - This is anything but easy-listening.

Time for some Norwegian funk:

Ole Børud - “High Time”

8/10 - I started lip singing, you got me man.

Eagles - “Take It Easy (2013 Remaster)”
Note how I didn’t say The Eagles

10/10 classic vibes - feels like riding a harley down route 66. Can’t deny the feelin.

Covet - Falkor

PS

PFC Callan, that was absurd. It’s like Aphex Twin on crack. Cool.

7/10 - Good soft guitar vibes. Perfect music whenever I’m checking up on 2nd Battalion’s AWOLs.

David Glen Eisley and Bob Kulick - “Sweet Victory”

Thank goodness for Spongebob, otherwise it would’ve been a lot longer until I discovered this.

7/10 - Great guitar and vocal performance.

Ole Børud - “Heaven Is on My Side”

8/10 - Pretty swag, love the vibes

Great Big Sea - “When I’m Up (I Can’t Get Down)”

7/10 not really my style but good none the less

Pantera - Domination live in moscow

5/10 - They’re talented for sure, but I’m not into that style of hard rock/metal.

Brand new song:

Bernhoft - “Say It Isn’t So”

7.7/10 - Kinda make me feel like sitting in a room with industrial interior and large glass windows while it is cloudy outside. (it says the specific video is not available in my country so I had to search youtube for non pseudo video version).
Now since we’re cruising the nordic lands:

The Cardigans - Carnival

8/10 Something that sounds good to me but for some reason it doesn’t sit super high up with me. I like this style of music but this song just isn’t particularly my thing.
Here’s a nice rock song (with a weird album cover):

And So I Watch You From Afar - Mullally

7/10. Feels like an opening for Dragon Ball, which is pretty cool, the beat to it is awesome, and this is something I would listen to if I was writing a fight scene. The cover gives off chaotic energy.

Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger

10/10 Remember blasting this in the car with my dad as a kid. Absolute killer use of brass and wish it was something done more in rock.

Jerry Lee Lewis - What’s Made Milwaukee Famous