SWTOR - Star Wars: The Old Republic - MMORPG
Big changes are coming to SWTOR, highly recommend anyone who spent time in this game to read up on it.
A major update called United Forces will merge servers into 5 megaservers
As always SWTOR doesn't support duplicate names, so characters may be subject to the renaming policy.
- Subscribers get full priority to keep their names.
- Further dispute will be settled by character playtime.
The following conditions will have no priority to keep their names. Will be autoflagged for rename
- Characters under level 10 will lose their names
- Characters who haven't logged in the past 90 days will lose their names
By "lose their name" the game will ask you to name your character again upon logging in. If your old name is not taken after the merger, you could successfully rename your character to the old name it used to have.
If you want to keep your existing character name, subscribe and log in to your character before the update.
Otherwise, you'll be give a "free name change" :P
The merger supports overflow
- legacy cargo bays will be merged. Extra items that didn't stack will go into a new overflow tab.
- legacy currencies will overflow past the limit.
- Characters will overflow past the 52 character limit.
- Strongholds will overflow. (including duplicate strongholds) Decorations won't be affected.
For more details, please read the official posts:
Reddit posts on United Forces in the 30 days after announcement