Call Of Duty: World War 2

2»

Comments

• edited August 2017

this game is a meme in comparison to other contemporary WW2 shooters, sorry folks but nah. COD 3 is where it's at

• Open beta will land in PC on 29th of September

Open beta

• edited September 2017

Single Player Story trailer:

They are going a bit too overboard with all the drama, but looks good, but i am not buying this game, the MP is not my kind of style anymore. (close quarters fighting, no recoil on weapons, half a clip/magazine to kill someone and the historical inaccuracies.)

• Game looks amazing, buying for sure. Again, its a Call of Duty game, not Red Orchestra.

• the video looks nice too ,some moments look like some war film i liked it , maybe someday gonna buy it if i like the beta ,and gets cheaper,i guess i will have to get used to play some arcade again. But it doesent look bad ,time will say

• Be advised that there will be no healing mechanics in the campaign, if you get hurt you'll have to see an AI Medic. Default difficulty will be hardcore, no more 1 man vs. the Wehrmacht bullshit.

I'd say it's pretty interesting.

• @PFC Thomas said:
    no more 1 man vs. the Wehrmacht bullshit.

Now its 1 man(and a medic) vs. the Wehrmacht haha

• Since yesterday you can predownload the game to play the beta on 29th of september

• Well sadly I can't run it, but I heard that is pretty fun,and enjoyable besides the errors for some people who keep crashing or getting disconnect by host

• nah it's not fun, it's the same as every other CoD but reskinned

• edited September 2017

I'll give them credit for not crapping an imaginary guided munition out of their corporate meeting room, the Allies use the Azon and the Axis actually uses the Fritz-X
    enter image description here

But this crap is pure REEEEEEEEEEEEEE material in the same vein as BF1
    enter image description here

Now I'm gonna attempt a review of the game from the POV of a dude who has had at least 5 months in CoD game time and has gradually shifted to BF and the more realistic games.

The key to approaching CoD is to forget about all thing realism, CoD is not meant to be realistic, the only ones who would enjoy it are people who aren't looking for tedious games. To be honest I've enjoyed every CoD I've gotten my hands on, and that is because I don't go into those game looking for tactical stuffs we usually do.
    Is the game fun? I'm gonna say yes. Will it keep people around? I'd say no. I always maintain that you always must have a CoD game in your Library for when one of your teammates teamkill you in a scrim and your SL/ASL does something that pisses you of and you don't wanna get a DD; or simply you just wanna play around for some short-term FPS fun.
    Don't just simply play the game carrying the mindset of a realism unit member, you gotta play it as a 15 year old kid just out of school and is looking for some fun, or in the words of PFC Danberg, "an mindless player".

• So Carentan is a map locked behind the season pass already, so much for sniping in Carentan.

• @CW2 Lagenbrunner said:
    So Carentan is a map locked behind the season pass already, so much for sniping in Carentan.

Haha ive never seen that before but its hilarious. On a side note I pre-ordered today.

Greenman Gaming has it 20% off today for those interested in saving some casholas.

• Saving the money by not buying the game :P

• Launch is in just about a weeks time. Pre-load on Steam begins tomorrow for PC at a whopping 90GBs. For those interested in the game, its a Call of Duty game with a WW2 setting. They appear to making some strides to appealing to PC gamers. Check out some of the pre-launch updates.

We’re a little over one week away from the release of Call of Duty: WWII! We’re incredibly excited for next week’s release and we cannot wait to head online to play. Pre-download begins tomorrow on Steam.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the Beta. The development teams sifted through all of the data and a ton of great feedback, and we have been hard at work to optimize the PC experience for launch. Here are several key updates.

Anti-Cheating & Hacking – As previously posted, for the Beta, we did not publish our full suite of anti-cheat and anti-hack measures. We’ve strengthened these systems for launch and are now ready to deploy with the release of the game. Please also be aware that we will actively ban starting on Day 1. It’s of the utmost importance to us that everyone has a level playing field to enjoy the fun. If you spot anything that looks malicious or suspicious, please let us know.

Performance – Since the Beta, we’ve continued to improve settings to better match various video cards. In addition, we’ve implemented a warning detection if users appear to exceed their video memory. We’ve made great improvements to the video options in the last month, and are excited for players to see for themselves at launch.

FOV Slider – We’ve increased the FOV slider range further for most aspect ratios. We maintain the following FOV limits based on aspect ratios so that ultra-wide or multi-monitor users do not get an unfair advantage.

Aspect Ratio / (Maximum FOV)
    4:3 / (100)
    16:10 / (100)
    16:9 / (95)
    21:9 / (80)

21:9 / (70)

Additional Features – In addition to multi-monitor support (we’re having a lot of fun in the studio lining up three monitors to get a single render across all three, by the way…), we will also have HDR support ready for Day 1. We’re also creating Steam Trading Cards to collect as you play.

These are in addition to previously stated PC specific features, which included:

• Native 4K Support
    • Framerate Cap Slider (up to 250FPS)
    • Keyboard/Mouse Fully Re-mappable
    • Controller Support
    • Nvidia G-Sync Monitor Support
    • FreeSync Monitor Support
    • Ultra-Wide Monitor Support
    • High-Resolution Mouse Support
    • Advanced Video Settings

Beta Learnings – In addition to the overall performance tuning improvements and anti-cheat updates already listed, we’ve also implemented numerous fixes following the PC Beta:

• Extend FOV (noted above)
    • Scroll bars on options that scroll
    • Allow numerical entry to mouse and controller sensitivity options (in addition to slider)
    • Streamline the exit of the game
    • Option to hold for scoreboard, instead of default toggle
    • Option to hold for sprint, instead of default toggle
    • Option to bind lean left/right keys in multiplayer
    • Option to bind inspect weapon
    • Making the resolution options more clear and consistent
    • Video option previews
    • Add a video option video memory indicator
    • Warnings about video memory over-commitment (noted above)
    • Investigated and fixed input smoothing problems with high-resolution gaming mice

Aim Assist – We have disabled Aim Assist for launch. As we mentioned during the Beta, we believe this will further ensure an optimal gameplay experience natively for PC players.

Specs – Following the Beta, we’ve updated the Specs. Here are the final minimum and recommended PC Specs.

Recommended PC Spec:
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
    RAM: 12 GB RAM
    HDD: 90 GB HD space
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 / GTX 1060 @ 6GB or AMD Radeon™ R9 390 / AMD RX 580
    DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Minimum PC Spec:
    CPU: CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 3.3 GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400
    RAM: 8 GB RAM
    HDD: 90 GB HD space
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI® Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550
    DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Networking – PC Beta data from the top 20 participating countries confirmed that nearly 100% of all matches were hosted on dedicated servers. For launch, our infrastructure is ready to provide our players the best possible online experience with high tick-rate dedicated game servers globally.

We’re all incredibly excited for next week’s launch. We’re going to keep up the dialogue across a variety of channels – for our PC fans, look for us to engage on Reddit and Steam as things get even busier once we launch. And for everyone, as always, you can follow Sledgehammer Games and Call of Duty on Twitter.

Cheers,
    Sledgehammer Games & Raven Software

• Call of Duty WW2 is 15% off on Greenmangaming. I got my code today for those interested in saving a few bucks.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/call-of-duty-wwii-digital-deluxe/

• Today is the day! Anyone else get it?

Call of Duty: WWII is probably one of the most polished & feature rich Call of Duty titles in years. HQ has lots to do + MP is so much fun. - CharlieIntel

• I had pre ordered it for my PS4 before i fixed my PC.

• edited November 2017

Only tried the single player, was your typical COD campaign, allot of over the top action and such, they kept to one nation only unlike in COD1 and COD 2 where you would also fight as the British and Russians so you could get some variety going on, but they tried to make it like a Band Of Brothers story in the campaign with you following a single squad around, but they did add two missions where you are in a Sherman tank and a P47 fighter and a resistance fighter going, in disguise, inside a German HQ to add some variety. The thing that annoyed me the most is that the performance is not the best, as expected in a COD launch, i am just in the Recommended System Requirements and sometimes still dip below 40 fps. I can expect with my pc not always get above 60 fps but sometimes it just dips the frames even though i even tried lower settings and it did not help much.

I did notice that some smg's do have allot more recoil than in the previous games, but it's still very much arcade recoil. The enemies also take way too many shots to die, like 5 in the chest or something, some even need two shots in the head with a sniper rifle. Like, they are trowing waves of enemies at you, do they really need to be such bullet sponges if you can just throw more bodies at the player?

The sounds are also pretty bad for some weapons, during the Omaha Beach landing some sounds were barely even there, like i saw bullets flying over me, but heard no bullet cracks and such. Explosions are also pretty low, and i got a 7.1 Surround Sound HD soundcard and a Sennheiser headset.

So i thought, let's see if i can fix that!! Tried my hand at these video's where i improved the sounds, more clearer, more punch to them! Explosions will rip your ears as they should!

Overall the single player is something just like the previous COD's, i think you should see it like a cheesy hollywood action movie and just set your mind at zero, and play it.