Car Thread!

Post about cars! Whats your favorite? What do you drive? What have you seen? Any crazy car storys? This is the Thread!

I'll start with a picture of one of my Dream Cars.
Rolls Royce Phantom

A $500,000 car! If you've never been in one you wouldn't understand. They are amazing, and they are fast as a sugared hummingbird. nicest interior ever.

Edited by: SSgt. Berg

Comments

• Lada. A byword for quality. Russian engineering at its finest! I had the privilege of being in one when it broke down!

enter image description here

• Until I can get an updated picture of her clean and with her tint, here's Belle.

My car

• What does good fuel economy feel like?

• edited March 2015

I see you Maj! that better be a 6Speed!

I'll post some pictures of the beaters I've owned and own lol. Just let me get them on my computer.

Also, here an awesome video of Ken Block in a 1965 AWD Mustang. It'll melt your face.

• This is my "weekend" car - 2005 Lotus Elise in Krypton Green.

• edited March 2015

enter image description here When i get my drivers license imma hop on one of these, give it a nice colour and some nice rims, and further down the line give it some under the hood upgrades. Can't wait.

• Looks like the EK Civic (6th gen). Can't go wrong Civics because of the plethora of aftermarket support. Just do me a favor and don't get one of the "fartcan" exhausts and especially don't have it exit at an angle. I live in California where you can't go 2 blocks without seeing (hearing) an overdone Honda. Heh.

• I'm pretty sure the overdone Hondas are everywhere lol. I See a ton here in Kentucky, and I seen a lot in Virgina when I lived there.

I myself am more of a fan of RWD cars. 3rd Gen Camaros are top of my list, with the fox body 5.0 mustangs, Nissan 240sx, mk3 toyota supra, there are just so many awesome cars that people just over look. If you want something that looks awesome, goes fast, and is worth dumping upwards of 10 grand into, I'd recommend staying away from FWD cars. RWD and AWD, are where it's at!

• I won't put a fartcan on it, just a bunch a bs if you ask me, i'm not one of those people that just completely trick out a car and do nothing under the hood, Performance>Aesthetics.

• Just gonna be that guy and remind people about 4x4. Just an idea

• Big trucks are fun Sarge, fast cars is where it's at tho :D

• enter image description here

Not an actual picture of my car but the same model. Peugeot 106 3-door that I bought for £500 from a lad that lived just across the way from me and gave it to me quite cheap considering that it had all sorts of new fittings.

• @PFC Stear said:
    Big trucks are fun Sarge, fast cars is where it's at tho :D

You know, I would love a GT-R. Favorite car, give me 5 please.

• American motorsports are boring. Rally is where the real driving is at.

• For those of you not familiar with rallying, the drivers are (usually) driving the course sight unseen. The co-driver is provided with a set of course notes that they read to the driver during each stage. Here is a video of Ari Vatanen and his co-driver in the 1983 Manx Rally.

• edited March 2015

You boys need real cars!

1986 Landrover 90 with a 200 TDI Diesel under the bonnet. Its my toy and my project, the plan is to rebuild it but at the same time play about in it, I do quiet a lot of Green laning in it and its certainly good fun in the snow!!

• Reminds me of the old land cruiser truck. So pretty to me, but rare and expensive in the US.

• Holy cow! this Mk3 Supra is FAST!

Comparing these two monsters

• I used to go offroading (green laning) in my mod'd '00 Nissan Xterra 4x4. That is until I ran into an adult buck deer at freeway speed which resulted in the truck being totaled (insurance write-off). I like to say that I ran into a deer and we both lost.

• Just seeing if anyone here loves the Nissan GT-R as much as I do

• GTRs are so sexy.

• edited May 2015

Mmmm... GTR....
    But here is our bad boy... 1950 Jeepster with a chevy 350 under the hood. Fast is all I can say.

• edited May 2015

69' El-Camino ss

Loving the El-Camino

• enter image description here

This is my first car, Ive had it for about a month and a bit now and im loving it. I plan to do some work on it such as tinting sound system and maybe some performance upgrades.

• 2Lt. Greenshields, that rally footage is amazing, that countryside in the fog.

Favorite car for sure = Minerva TT

The car I drive : Range Rover Discovery 1999

• @Sgt. McDonough said:

This is my first car, Ive had it for about a month and a bit now and im loving it. I plan to do some work on it such as tinting sound system and maybe some performance upgrades.

I'm not good at telling those apart, what is that? A lancer? Evo? I'm not sure. Either way I'm sure it's quick and fun to drive.

• @PFC Stear said:
    I'm not good at telling those apart, what is that? A lancer? Evo? I'm not sure. Either way I'm sure it's quick and fun to drive.

Its a Lancer SR, Evo is like another 6k price jump or more. It isn't as snappy as it looks though, its pretty standard under the hood. That's the reason I'm considering to do some upgrades under the hood but, I dont want to invest to heavily in my car :P.

• Gotcha, maybe just throw a turbo in it, that would give it that boost to make it just a little more fun to drive.

• I got a 2007 civic right now. But one day I plan to buy a late 1970s or early 1980s corvette stingray. I know I can get a decent one for maybe 10-12 thousand. One day...