Battlefield V - WW2

edited May 2018 in Other Games

Co-op will be a thing (4 players).
War Stories seem to be an ongoing thing starting with Fall of Europe (1939-1941?).
Conquest is back in some form.

Operations ("Grand Operations") will be a multi-map game mode which seems to track a single battle over a few days.

Instead of gas masks it appears a "Tool Box" will be used to develop fortifications and weapon emplacements.

No Premium Pass and no pay2win.

From Concept Art it seems like Eastern Front, Africa, Norway, France, Netherlands/Belgium, Germany are all locations.

Cricket bat melee weapon confirmed.

Comments

• edited May 2018

Also soldiers running with prosthetic hands, british with katanas, americans running with mg42s (Edit: looking again I saw the guy stole it from a dead German)... Too colorful, gameplay reminds me of fortnite. I know it is only the first trailer, but everything in there made me not want to play the game.

Am I too salty? Maybe, but I had high expectations in this game, seems like Post Scriptum/Hell let loose are going to be gamesthat I will enjoy more.

• @T5 Pinto said:

Also soldiers running with prosthetic hands, british with katanas, americans running with mg42s...

The loadouts have been a Battlefield issue going back to the early days though so I'm not surprised there. Honestly once that "immersion breaker" of equipping other teams weapons as your standard loadout is put in place I don't give a sneeze if there's prosthesis or women or whatever race because who the hell cares?? It's already unrealistic so may as well be inclusive - at least that serves SOME point.

TBH the Co-op and Operations have me curious. I like a good milsim but maybe in my older age I'm craving the colourful silliness.

• The changes they mentioned regarding squad play and progression is theoretically neat , lets wait and see the actual game play footage in E3.

• Im in as always, I think it looks great and will be a game ill buy. RIP Premium subscription.

• @Cpl. Willis said:

Im in as always, I think it looks great and will be a game ill buy. RIP Premium subscription.

That move alone is pretty damn huge for their player base and is definitely a big leap in the right direction.

If I were to speculate, I think they'll use the War Stories as their way of gaining income post-release and each Single-Player Module (Fall of Europe, African Front, Eastern Front etc) will have a cost and perhaps some associated tie-in to multiplayer (cosmetic or weapon related).

• Battlefield V trailer, but even better

• OPen Beta launched for early download.

• I wish they add an option to remove such "non-WW2 costume" for the game, that will satisfy all players in the game. People who want to play with authentic setting will turn that option on, while people who want to play with "costumes" will turn the option off.

But I think it is too late, that "uneducated" comment and "Accept it or don't buy it" comment were too critical.... Regardless of political point of view, those comments were not proper at all for customers and royal fans. IMO BF5 will be a lesson and example for any game developers to not to follow.

• I don't know if you guys keep playing but the things they added now, specially the pacific campaign is the best they have add so far,