29th Sports Thread

Im interested to see who here in the 29th plays or played sports. Ill start

American Football-Running-back/ Defensive End
Baseball-1st Base/Pitcher

Comments

• I used to play for my local Football team, http://www.vendeeluconfoot.fr/
    Well, for the youth team in any case.
    I was an Attacking Midfielder at first, then moved to Right back.

I also played a bit of Tennis, and had an excellent forehand ;)

• nice i tried to play soccer but i dont have the hand foot coordination. its really sad because im portuguese and italian and soccer is like religion in portugal

• Hockey - Center, left wing, right wing, left defense, right defense.
    I've played every position but goaltender and I was a referee for a year or so but I quit.

• I haven't played Ice hockey in a few years but, I'm currently in a ball hockey league and primarily play defense. I also use to play soccer around the same time I played ice hockey, it was never really my sport...

• @Cpl. Rousse said:
    Hockey - Center, left wing, right wing, left defense, right defense.
    I've played every position but goaltender and I was a referee for a year or so but I quit.

Canadia, eh?
    But in all seriousness, I used to play American Football, rugby, and soccer. I still play the odd tennis match. Mind you, I was never good at any of them except Football.

• Badminton, been playing for 5 years and are still playing.

• @PFC McLean said:
    But in all seriousness, I used to play American Football, rugby, and soccer. I still play the odd tennis match. Mind you, I was never good at any of them except Football.

what positions did you play in football PFC?

• Swam for Gloucester City SC, Birmingham Uni and the RAF. Was a Sprint Breastroker (50-200m). It was a career ending injury which led me to find a new hobby back in 2009... look how that turned out.

Played rugby as a kid/teen for School and Club (Longlevens RFC) as a flanker, neither really had the ball skills to play in the backs or the size to play number 8.

Was always pretty terrible at football: my 5-aside team, (Dynamo Chicken Kiev), notably finished bottom of the lowest division in the biggest 5-aside league in the UK.

• I skateboard, but that's about as far as sports go for me.

• @PFC Stear said:
    I skateboard, but that's about as far as sports go for me.

Do you longboard as well? I have one but there are so many potholes and bumps where I live that I can't do anything too fancy... :/ But nonetheless, I've longboarded for maybe three years and it's still pretty fun to go down hills and so on.

• @Pvt. Abreu said:
    nice i tried to play soccer but i dont have the hand foot coordination. its really sad because im portuguese and italian and soccer is like religion in portugal

You probably don't have hand foot coordination because you're calling it Soccer! It's Football!! :)

• ACTUALLY Cpl its called Futbol,i just remembered that lol

• Still, Football is similar to Futbol, rather than Soccer :P

• @Cpl. Rousse said:
    Do you longboard as well? I have one but there are so many potholes and bumps where I live that I can't do anything too fancy... :/ But nonetheless, I've longboarded for maybe three years and it's still pretty fun to go down hills and so on.

Never been much of a fan of longboards. Can't do kick flips and such on those lol. Some of the funiest times I've had, have been with my skateboard and the homies, hitting up spots, getting kicked out by cops and all that. I love it. Bombing hills is fun to, can get pretty scary tho once you start getting a lot of speed. Had lots of road rash from that.

• +1 haha. I went down a hill and hit a rock so I flew off and skid for 10 feet or so...

• edited July 2015

I used to play football and even got scouted by Manchester City (the year before they became rich) and Oldham (the year they went bankrupt). Then I went and ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament and that was that for my career. Looking to maybe get into a local pub team in the near future, but at 27 I'm a bit old to be getting seriously into it again.

• @PFC Lushman said:
    I used to play football and even got scouted by Manchester City (the year before they became rich) and Oldham (the year they went bankrupt). Then I went and ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament and that was that for my career. Looking to maybe get into a local pub team in the near future, but at 27 I'm a bit old to be getting seriously into it again.

What position did you play in?

• I used to play as an AMC though my best position is either AMR to get the crosses in or I can play AML to come inside and shoot from range on my stronger foot. That was my biggest thing, shooting from range, crossing and my dribbling wasn't half bad either. Though to be fair I did used to do too many skill moves to be great in that position.

• I played ice hockey as defencenmen. But then i quit, which i regret. Ice hockey is the best sport in the world!

• I played hockey growing up until I was about 11, wasn't any good at that so I started playing lacrosse. Wasn't any good at that but I practiced a ton and ended up playing "rep" from when I was around 12 until last year. One year my team placed 2nd in the province for the division. I already miss it, the feeling of laying a kid out with a big hit or scoring a goal can't be matched.

• Soccer/Football. Goalie. Lil' Kahn. 'Nuff said

• Update-Coaches want me starting linebacker for JV. Im so pumped for it

• I did a year of drum Corp. Bass 5, lots of fun. Lots of people don't consider it a sport but we get scores and work just as hard if not harder than most athletes.

• Drum Corp as in DCI? Which group?

• I'm a skiier who's successfully completed a Double Black Diamond trail multiple times, which was almost very steep. I'm a decent surfer, who's attempting to become proficient at it. I'm a rock-climber who has done 5.11's; this is my most frequently done sport. I'm new to paintballing, and I'm planning to do some events.

• I was the star point guard of my school basketball team, champions 3 years straight. averaged 22 pts per game and 7 assists per game . unfortunately an knee injury doesnt allow me to play anymore. :(

• Soccer, I was a goalie, won the highschool championship onces, saved 3 penalties in the final (0-0, went to penalties)...

And the wierd thing was, we were playing on a tarmac field and diving to tarmac is bloody painful sometimes :P

• Tennis, anyone?

• As I live by the sea, swimming and later on surfing have been my great passion ever since I can remenber. I´m a solid swimmer, and I go surfin´ quite a lot all year long.

I also played tennis when I was younger, in school, and I did not suck at all... Still play it at summmer!!

• Tennis for 10 years, now quit 2 years ago. @PFC Thomas
    Mountainbike since i was 8. (main sport now)
    Swimming since 6. (rarely)