Rate What The Person Above You Is Listening To

Comments

• Sgt. Butler, that is a good song. One of U2's best!

2Lt. Nelson, this is nowhere as good. It sounds like they mashed different parts together to sound "progressive", but instead it ends up sounding messy and dynamically inconsistent. At least they tried to be original.
    Overall score: 3/10

Huey Lewis & The News - "Stuck with You"
    (Back when music videos were entertaining to watch.)

• Anything with Huey makes me nostalgic, if only for reminding me of the power of love :D But I have heard this song one too many times in the supermarket recently. Undeniable classic, 8/10.

Regarding my previous post, bear in mind the guys were like in their teens when they recorded that album. Just a bunch of kids having fun.

But speaking of Progressive, check this out:

Animals as Leaders - Tooth and Claw

• 6/10 Giving a few sixes, but this track feels like it has a lot of potential just loses itself and doesn't really do much for me, especially around 2:30, it doesn't appeal to me. Though the rest is decent for Prog/Djent.

Kanye West & Lil Pump - I Love It

• 1/10 What did I just watch.

Santana - Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock)

• 7/10 Reminds me of Woodstock mode in RS2

a-ha - Take on me

• edited September 2018

Did you know a-ha is a Norwegian music export? Morten Harket's voice still sounds great after over 30 years. He can still hit the high notes today, although he doesn't do it here because it wouldn't fit with the laid-back acoustic arrangement. But while this is very nice, I still prefer the up-beat and synth-heavy studio version. Otherwise it would be a solid 10!
    Overall score: 9/10

Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Long As I Can See the Light"

One of my absolute favorites!

• 7/10

Trippie Redd - Taking A Walk

• edited September 2018

Not something I would take a walk to, 2/10.

Because it's my birthday and just for fun:

Cliff Richard - "Congratulations"
    (He was "supposed to win" Eurovision for the UK as the host entry which would be a consecutive win for the country, instead ended up losing to Spain's "La, la, la" by 1 point. His outfit reminds me of Austin Powers.)

• 5/10 bit indifferent, neither love nor hate it but it's only one of those things I'd listen to in a certain situation and only a song that I have previously heard in certain situations. Not for everyday.

Juice WRLD - Wasted

• 3/10

New Order - Age of Consent

• 10/10

Timber Timbre - Hot Dreams

• edited September 2018

7/10 Pretty enjoyable, though slow at some points I think the track gets better towards the end. I'd honestly prefer it with just instrumentals.

Coolio - C U When U Get There

• edited September 2018

Good song! Not as good as "Gangsta's Paradise", but still!
    Overall score: 7/10

Eagles - "Try and Love Again"
    (Lead vocals by bassist Randy Meisner. Underrated song from the Hotel California album.)

I can't believe the person who made the lyrics video misspelled "lose"...

• That was a good song 2LT. Not one I would normally have found on my own, but good.
    7/10

Now it is time to fight the Spanish in Flanders.
    youtube.com/watch?v=0uh1zld1nSg

• 2/10

LCD Soundsystem - New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down

• 9/10 - Banger

TVLKING HEVDS - CROSSEYED VND PVINLESS

• 5/10 Gets pretty dull at points in addition to not being able to decipher what the vocalist is trying to say the majority of time.

Burial - Ashtray Wasp

• Drags on too long for me (sorry), 2/10

Nina Simone - "Feeling Good"

• He really growed his nails for that one. Playing gets 10/10, music gets a solid 9/10!

Rusted Root - "Send Me on My Way"

• 9/10 Absolute choon

The 1975 - Sincerity Is Scary

• Feels soothing, but not something I would actively seek out again.
    Overall score: 6/10

Cliff Richard - "Devil Woman"

• edited September 2018

4/10 Something about Cliff Richard really bugs me, but I like the song. I think this version, personally, is better:

• 7/10

The Smiths - Still Ill (Rank)

• edited September 2018

You really love The Smiths, don't you, Sir? It's decent, but my main criticism would be their songs sounds pretty much the same to me, and this is no exception.
    Overall score: 6/10

Response to PFC Ixer: That is a decent cover, very 80s (in a good way), but I still prefer the original just because of the bass tone. On the Shy version the bass is barely present in the mix. If you're into 80's glam metal/rock, you might enjoy this one:

Wig Wam - "In My Dreams"
    (Norway's entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2005 - 9th place.)

A super-catchy 80s rock tribute! The influence from acts like KISS and Bon Jovi are pretty obvious.

• 10/10 for stage presentation
    3/10 for the rest. Having grown up in the 80's and 90's that style of hair rock is not a something I'm eager to harken back to.

This guy Nils is like the Neal Peart of keyboards and dials and stuff.

Nils Frahm: All Melody / #2 [live@Melt!]

• edited September 2018

9/10 Thanks for showing this, gonna have to check him out later.

Marvin Gaye - Third World Girl

• 3/10 Not my thing

The Weeknd - Die For You
    https://open.spotify.com/track/2Ch7LmS7r2Gy2kc64wv3Bz?si=3gva_HOSSyW6TDqTBbvg6A

The song on youtube is music premium so.. have a spotify link instead!

• The song itself is not bad, I'm just not a huge fan of the mainstream pop-sounding production.
    Overall score: 5/10

Bob Seger - "Momma"