U.S. Army 29th Infantry Division, ATTN: AHRC-OP-S, 1 Reserve Way

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060

SUBJECT: Unqualified Resignation

1.I hereby tender my unqualified resignation as an Enlisted Soldier in the

United States Army under the provisions of Chapter 6, Section III,

AR 135-175.

2.I understand that if my resignation is accepted I am entitled to an

honorable separation and will be furnished an Honorable Discharge

Certificate. I understand that I cannot resign if I am a statutory obligor.

Signature
Leon D. Laird
Name (Type or Print)
Technician, 4th Grade Rifleman Charlie Company, Second Platoon, Third Squad
Rank Position Platoon/Squad
T4 Laird said:
As you might know I will be leaving for university at the end of the month and as such I feel my tenure here in the 29th has come to what feels like a natural conclusion. I have tried my best to always remain an ever-present member of the unit for three years now but I fear such a change in my life will render that a burdensome task to continue doing, this unfortunately means I will need to request a discharge.

It really would’ve been difficult to imagine when I first joined in mid-2016 as a naive 15-year-old enlisting to the first unit advertised on r/findaunit just how much impact being part of this community would’ve had on me, truth be told I had initially only planned on joining for the duration of that summer, but after countless drills, meeting a plethora of great people, and a year-long stint in leadership - which in itself was an experience I took so much from doing - I can say I’m really glad I decided to prolong my stay beyond the summer of 2016, and I really wish this wasn’t the end for me.

It’s been a pleasure being in CP2 for so long, and I really wish the best to everyone I’ve gotten to know over the past three years; even at times where playing the same game at the exact same time every single week for three years has felt stale, it’s always been the community that’s kept me going. Thank you all.

All the very best,

T/4 Laird
Rifleman
CP2S3
Reason for leaving
APPROVED
Approved/Disapproved
Commander Signature
22 August 2019
Date

Comments