Wargame: Red Dragon

Hey guys,

I have recently gotten back into Wargame and am looking for some people to play with and hopefully show me where i need improvement or help me improve my tactics

Comments

• I would love to dust off the ole Wargame Red Dragon sometime. Just shoot me a Steam message.

• Right there with ya 2LT! Let me know when you all are planning on playing.

• This is great, hoping if more people are up for it that we can get a large game going at some point.

• I think that we will be able to get a 4v4 together with like an hour or two's notice.

• @PFC Nielsen said:
    ...an hour or two's notice.

Tru

• I'd be interested. Just depends on the time and day!

• lots of Easy guys, especially the Euros, play WarGame

• Sounds fun, would love to have an Easy vs. Charlie game at some point

• @PFC Hagedorn said:
    Sounds fun, would love to have an Easy vs. Charlie game at some point

We are pretty bad at times, but we can dust off the decks and give you all some hell. North Korean Motorized numba 1

• We have loads of Charlie 2 members that play. Should be easy enough to get guys together. And I'm all up for a Easy vs Charlie game

• Now that sounds like a good idea

• I'll be the extra addition to the charlie team to pull the skill down; Sounds like a good idea though

• This is perfect, if you guys at Easy get 10 members we can set up a match, or a 1v1 tournament if you want to be more elaborate

• @Cpl. Gunn

How many players would Easy be able to bring to either a 2v2 tournament style game or a series of XvX's

• honestly idk, we have quite a few guys at least 6 I'd say

• Gimmie a bit to think of a version 1 ruleset and we will go from there.

• WARGAME RED DRAGON RULESET VERSION 1.0

General Rules

1. Event will be a Best Of 3 Matches, each match will consist of a best of 3 games to be played at teams convenience for scheduling.

2. Each Player will be locked to a single deck of a single nation/type of a non banned nation; Deck codes to be submitted when finalized (SEE 2.a)

2.a Nations banned shall be
      BLUFOR; USA, ISRAEL
      OPFOR; USSR, YUGOSLAVIA

3. 3v3, Low Income, Low spawn points

4. Teams may play undermanned if scheduling is difficult but MUST be agreed upon before Match start.

5. Maps will be chosen randomly from 2v2/3v3 size maps
      5.a EXCLUDING NAVAL MAPS

6. FUN is REQUIRED

7. Charlie and Easy members shall nominate a team captain to make final calls on player deployment (Post that individual PLUS team roster on this thread after deck codes are finalized)

These may change in the coming days until a FINALIZED is added to the bottom of this post

1. FUN is REQUIRED

Number 6 goes against SOP ;-)

Otherwise, excellent work putting this together PFC Wells. Looking forward to this "deployment."

• edited April 2021

@Cpl. Gunn , would you guys be against the 2nd Marine Raiders from playing in this as a third faction?

• edited April 2021

The Easy guys will get our asses kicked, but I don't have a problem with it, ask PFC Hensen though.

• @Cpl. Gunn, you would be surprised...

• @2Lt. Drake, trust me, we're bad. Most of us haven't been playing for more than a few months. But, we'll give em hell.

• edited April 2021

I believe there won't be a player as bad as I am.
    @PFC Wells & @2Lt. Drake can vouch on that.

• If it will be GMT friendly time I'm down

• I love the can-do attitude. Let's get some games going, get more gud, and just have fun!

• How are we organizing teams? In this thread? Or offline?

• How are we organizing teams? In this thread? Or offline?

@2Lt. Look for a sign up on this forum thread in the very near future.

• Teams sign-up below. Anyone is welcome to join - regardless of skill level. Please reach out to myself or Wells with questions or concerns.

REVISED RULE SET/INFO:

• 3 Players (One of them a Team Captain w/ their contact info)
    • An Export of the Deck that Each Player Intends to use for both BLUFOR and OPFOR (These will not be shared with the group - rather to ensure there are no modifications to the decks)

Team Submission Deadline: May 1, 2021

Once teams have their info in, a Challonge bracket will be produced to keep track of wins and losses.

Event will be a round Robin Format. Each team will play every other team twice in a match. Winner will be the team with the most match wins.

Matches will consist of 3 games - best of 3 to win the match.

Game Parameters:

Low-Income, Low-Start Points
    Conquest, 30 mins
    Random 2v2; 3v3 Maps (Maps will be randomized and assigned to the game - EXCLUDING NAVAL MAPS)

Each Player will be locked to a single deck of a single nation/type of a non banned nation for each side (BLUFOR and OPFOR); Deck codes to be submitted on signup

Nations banned shall be
    BLUFOR; USA, ISRAEL
    OPFOR; USSR, YUGOSLAVIA
    Factions released as of 04/17/21 available to choose from.

Teams may play undermanned if scheduling is difficult but MUST be agreed upon before Match start.

FUN is REQUIRED

Teams shall nominate a team captain to make final calls on scheduling, etc.