Stellaris - 4X Sci-fi Addictive Strategy Space Simulator

Pretty title

It has tons of planets, lots of factions and alien species that roam around the galaxy. See a planet with a bunch of noobs on it? Throw an outpost on it, feed them delicious science and see them become your vassal! Your alien neighbors just declared war? Better beat them up and start stealing their debris for more research! Do you like clicking your mouse button lots of times and repeating your orders over and over again because your science vessel got scared off by bandits? How about getting attached to a character who leads a navy fleet that you also named in to the unknown only to lose them to a floating mucus? Then this is the game for you!

Did I mention it has multiplayer for up to 32 players? Lag fest.

But no, seriously. It's addictive as hell because it's so simple for people like me who stare at Crusader Kings 2 for an hour and a half without knowing what you're actually doing. It doesn't take up a lot of space, doesn't take long to load but I have noticed that the longer the game plays on the more laggy it gets. It's a very fun game and I urge people to give it a go when it goes on sale. Also if anyone has any tips for the game just unload them here. I might want to know them.

The game is on Steam for £34.99, $50.00, €44.

Did I mention the game also kicks you in the teeth for making alliances? Nice.

Comments

• Diversify the weapons tech on your ships. Being an "all missiles" puritan will only result in getting your space butt kicked.

Colonize as much and as often as possible - even if it results in an energy deficit. Make minor trade deals with other empires to balance energy budgets until your colonies are on their feet.

Explore fast and far. Warships are still good for scouting systems for potential colonial locale and can do double duty by pacifying the system if there are hostile creatures present prior to the lab coats showing up and doing the in depth surveying.

• Also, change your soundtrack to this for optimal galactic conquest emotion.

• You have to form alliances! It is a must!

The generic names they get is very funny such as Harmonious Axis!